Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo videos from North Texas

SniperREX

Reaction score
I always take videos in 4K 60fps auto mode H.265 recorded on a Samsung Evo (lol) Select U3 128Gb SD card and I noticed that on all my videos the left side looks not as sharp as the center or the right side of the video. Is my Evo defective or is it a design defect?

Unfortunately, I bought the Evo after I got back from my recent vacation in Spain. So I only got a few video from local places. BTW, I don't know why the left side my videos is always a lot blurrier than the rest... Is my Evo defective?

Reactions: Ansia
Can you give screenshots of when this blurryness is showing? I simply cannot see it in either videos.

Can you give screenshots of when this blurryness is showing? I simply cannot see it in either videos.

In both of these pics the sun is on the right side. The trees on the bottom left corner are definitely softer than the ones in the center right. Also the bridge looks much sharper.
Evo left side blurry.jpg

Evo left side blurry2.jpg

In this last pic at least the grass in the bottom left look as sharp as the center and the right side. However, from the middle left to the upper left it looks softer than the other side.

Interesting. So according to your photos, your drone needs far sighted glasses. I honestly have never seen this before or heard anyone complain about it. Have you contacted Autel to see what they have to say about it?

Interesting. So according to your photos, your drone needs far sighted glasses. I honestly have never seen this before or heard anyone complain about it. Have you contacted Autel to see what they have to say about it?
I even cleaned both the glass and the actual lens to no avail.
I'll contact support now. It's funny that I'm actually nearsighted lol

• Haha
I even cleaned both the glass and the actual lens to no avail.
I'll contact support now. It's funny that I'm actually nearsighted lol
Autel support was very fast in contacting me back. However, we are still trying to find a solution and they are not convinced I have an issue. I took pics while the Evo sits still on my kitchen counter top and the blurriness is gone... Looks like this issue only happens when flying.

Autel support was very fast in contacting me back. However, we are still trying to find a solution and they are not convinced I have an issue. I took pics while the Evo sits still on my kitchen counter top and the blurriness is gone... Looks like this issue only happens when flying.
Does this happen in photos as well or just video?

I would try to upgrade the firmware and recalibrate everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Operational Mechanix