Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AutelPilot

Reaction score
Just bough the Lite + and i hope that im doing something wrong...

I tested it in different light settings with different camera settings, with & without nd filter.
4K 60fps at 1/120 shutter with and without nd filters = the noise is all over the screen there like in the video, its like flickering everywhere.
4K 30fps at 1/60 shutter after sunset, the noise is all over the screen if you look closely its like flickering all over like in the video.
H.264 In the app settings, Download Size set to: HD. Not Original, could that be the problem?
Look closely in the trees, its always flickering.
Here is some snippits of the videos:
Edit: After uploading to youtube, the issue got damped a bit so you cant see it as clear as it was before uploading it.

When i watch other peoples video from the unedited Lite + videos, they all look cristal clear... Thats why i bought it...
The flickering, looks like there is something on the glass, because it stays uniformly all over the screen. I removed the seethrough stickers from the nd filters of course, but i did not wipe or clean the nd filters or the original glass cover after removing the stickers.
Should i wipe them & clean them?
Should i try to fly without the glass cover for the camera to see if its better?

Have you seen anyone with the same problem? What could it be? I was so exited to go out and film, but like that im not even going!

Please help.

Last edited:
What ISO did you use ?
Did you download the footage off SKY app ?

The footage shot was stored in the drone's SD card, this should have best quality.

Reactions: AutelPilot
What ISO did you use ?
Did you download the footage off SKY app ?

The footage shot was stored in the drone's SD card, this should have best quality.
Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry forgot to mention...
ISO 100 and the footage was taken straight from the sd card.
Will add this to the post above.

EDIT: Just went out to try again. All i did was clean/wipe the nd filter. It seems as if the noise got a bit better.. Does it look better?
I can see some flickering when the camera is moving, is it normal, how can one prevent it?
In the second video (Edited Version) i took down the sharpening a little bit, it works better like that. What do you say ? :)
Here is the new footage with different bits of situations. Is this how normal footage should look like? Should i shoot in HDR or Log Mode? Sorry im really new to this :)
UNEDITED VERSION

EDITED VERSION

Last edited:
You don't need HDR and Log for the moment. Lite+ Normal shooting is good enough for most situations.

First footage posted was under-exposed, which probably the cause of the noise in some area.
Bright sky in frame tends to underexpose the foreground. you can override it by adjusting the EV.

Now second footage is normal, I see typical Lite+ color. Of course, 2K just cannot be compared to 4K in terms of detail and clarity.

Reactions: AutelPilot
You don't need HDR and Log for the moment. Lite+ Normal shooting is good enough for most situations.

First footage posted was under-exposed, which probably the cause of the noise in some area.
Bright sky in frame tends to underexpose the foreground. you can override it by adjusting the EV.

Now second footage is normal, I see typical Lite+ color. Of course, 2K just cannot be compared to 4K in terms of detail and clarity.
Ok thank you. Yeah the first one was a pretty bright day. Ajusting the EV ok will try that, so that the zebra stripes dissapear fully right? Im glad you say the second footage looks normal. 🙂
after editing the second video and taking down the sharpness a bit, it does not jitter that much anymore and it looks a bit smoother. Is that acceptable to take down the sharpness a bit, or is it a bad idea?
Take a look at the edited version if you like. Im just testing out there, before i go to the real location.

Do you also fly with the Lite+?

Peace

Wow thats noce to hear!
Went out to a better location with a different environment, the video looks really good now that there are some objects with different colors in it.
Im so glad that it looks good now, just like in all the video clips i seen on youtube before i bought it!
Thanks for your help! It was important that you replied , thanks!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials