Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo v2 Range Problem

rymianek

Reaction score
Hello
As you know, Autel Pro v2 has a worse range than v1.
Will changing the settings in image transsmision improve the range?
2.4 instead of 5.8? Can it be set permanently or every time after reboot?

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Hello
As you know, Autel Pro v2 has a worse range than v1.
Will changing the settings in image transsmision improve the range?
2.4 instead of 5.8? Can it be set permanently or every time after reboot?
I have the V1 model, uses 2.4 and 900. Using 2.4 should give you more range over 5.8, and once selected it'll stay with that setting until changed. Try using Auto, see if this helps and if not switch to manual 2.4.

Usually, Using 5.8 is for clearer feed in areas with interference. Not for range, just helps in areas with noise inference. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in and explain better than I can, 2.4 will get you more range as long as conditions allow.

I've played with the image setting before, can't remember which helps feed just remember one is slightly better. However, it may effect range and it's probably slightly.

Hope others will chime in, good luck it's probably minor due to inference.

Paul

Reactions: rymianek
I have the V1 model, uses 2.4 and 900. Using 2.4 should give you more range over 5.8, and once selected it'll stay with that setting until changed. Try using Auto, see if this helps and if not switch to manual 2.4.

Usually, Using 5.8 is for clearer feed in areas with interference. Not for range, just helps in areas with noise inference. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in and explain better than I can, 2.4 will get you more range as long as conditions allow.

I've played with the image setting before, can't remember which helps feed just remember one is slightly better. However, it may effect range and it's probably slightly.

Paul
Thanks for the answer

Unfortunately, after turning off the drone, the settings return to "auto"

I am thinking of buying SC or Alientech ....
My 8K v1 has a much better range than the v2 Pro :(

Paul
Can you show a picture of the 900 MHz option? I thought the Evo 2 v1 only had 2.4 GHz.

Can you show a picture of the 900 MHz option? I thought the Evo 2 v1 only had 2.4 GHz.
Hello nil,

Could be the original first V1 batch could retain 900 MHz when it was available? Or maybe they still have access to 900 MHz, as far as I'm aware V1 have access to 900 MHz.

Here's a couple of pictures taken this morning from back yard, one with 2.4 GHz the other 900 MHz. I can select any of the three, 2.4, 900 or Auto. These are not screenshots, kind of blurry taken from my tablet.

Hope this helps, good luck happy Autel flying.

Paul

IMG_20220830_082553~2.jpgIMG_20220830_082645~3.jpgIMG_20220830_083638~2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nil
Hello nil,

Could be the original first V1 batch could retain 900 MHz when it was available? Or maybe they still have access to 900 MHz, as far as I'm aware V1 have access to 900 MHz.

Here's a couple of pictures taken this morning from back yard, one with 2.4 GHz the other 900 MHz. I can select any of the three, 2.4, 900 or Auto. These are not screenshots, kind of blurry taken from my tablet.

Hope this helps, good luck happy Autel flying.

Paul
Thank you Paul! I too have a "first batch" V1 EVO 2 (8K) but I only see 2.4 and nothing happens when I click on the "2.4" area. 900 MHz would be nice to have for greater penetration in urban areas.

I'm on the standard v1 RC with the iOS app, maybe 900 MHz is only available with the smart controller? Interestingly I can't even pick the channel width any more. I remember there being 5, 10, and maybe 20 MHz options.

Attachments

• IMG_F308573C204C-1.jpeg
    IMG_F308573C204C-1.jpeg
    450.5 KB · Views: 2
Thank you Paul! I too have a "first batch" V1 EVO 2 (8K) but I only see 2.4 and nothing happens when I click on the "2.4" area. 900 MHz would be nice to have for greater penetration in urban areas.

I'm on the standard v1 RC with the iOS app, maybe 900 MHz is only available with the smart controller? Interestingly I can't even pick the channel width any more. I remember there being 5, 10, and maybe 20 MHz options.
You're welcome nil,

Any my apologies assumed you were referring to the V1 Smart controller, sorry about this. Okay, Now understand. You have the V1 stock controller, yes no access to 900MHz with stock controller.

In regards to the channel width 5/10/20 MHz, Wasn't aware or remember having access to this feature when using original stock controller. My memory is not the greatest, nor is my skill level with drone technology usually skating by just enough to enjoy the hobby.

Wishing you all the best, enjoy this great hobby 👍

Paul

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain