Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Updates- scary thought!

Catweazle

Reaction score
I've had my EVO for 12 months now. With continued evolution of EVO models, would Autel Robotics ever cease to put out firmware updates for the current model, even though it may still fly like a bird 2-3-4 years from now.

If you look at past experiences with the XSP, I would say not but the Evo 2 might be somewhat compatible with the EVO.

The Evo is the only product so far available from Autel. I doubt that even if an Evo 2 come next year that they will kill immediately the Evo. They may still selling the Evo in 2021.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I believe when the non beta firmware and software is released there will be no more updates. I'm sure they'll keep selling them for a year or so.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Yes. My Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 hasn't had an update since Oct 2018 and it was released in August 2018.
That's crazy... Just couple months and stopped supporting with updates.

That's crazy... Just couple months and stopped supporting with updates.
You must also understand that the Phantom series was plagued by a shortage of parts due to corruption within the company. Although the v2.0 was an updated Phantom, it still was based on the original Phantom 4 Pro series, so my guess is most of the code was the same.

Reactions: macoman
Ditto for the Inspire, My Firmware is from April 2016 and it still does the missions as well.
When a firmware works well and does what you ask it, why improve it at the risk of doing more harm than better?

Ditto for the Inspire, My Firmware is from April 2016 and it still does the missions as well.
When a firmware works well and does what you ask it, why improve it at the risk of doing more harm than better?
Dji usually add more restrictions than improving it when a new firmware is released for an old aircraft.

Reactions: G_G and Drgnfli
My Mavic Pro 1s are done too. Frankly, I like not having to deal with updates. As long as Autel puts out a final version (to get me off the beta), I'll be happy with the Evo. I always buy knowing that what I'm buying may be all I get. Frankly I think it's rather naive to buy based on promises....

LP

Reactions: FePhoenix
It's like politicians, promises are always good before, but over time, they never arrive ...........moqueur dji.gif

Captain Drone comes to explain that Autel will present EVO 2 as a prototype. If the potential customers are seduced by the product and the potential purchase orders are good, then Autel could release the EVO 2 in July / August 2020! So that leaves Autel the opportunity to improve the EVO1 in the year 2020 with updates

I assume you mean no longer avail from Autel. There's a lot of used ones available (ebay, etc)
We were referring to the official website of Autel products. Only the Evo is for sale. Of course you will be able to find used x-star drones in eBay for sale.

Reactions: Ansia
I assume you mean no longer avail from Autel. There's a lot of used ones available (ebay, etc)
If they are being sold second hand by their owners in a gray marketplace like eBay, then there aren't available from Autel, but rather from third parties. Therefore it cannot be counted.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791