Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO questions for potential buyer

It will minimise prop shadow it will not remove props from your video. Two different things. You have to angle your gimbal camera down with the EVO and the X-star or you will get props in the video period.
Show me a video with filters on that do not show props in the video looking straight out.

I am so close to pulling the trigger on the Evo, but one thing that is still bothering me is the props in the frame. Is this something a FW update could fix, or is it a design flaw?
props get in the frame due to pitch speed,the harder you fly forward the more your apt to see props.you'll also notice its more so the left prop that does this ,which is because the gimbal sits a little off center towards the left.

1.) All drone manufacturers overstate the flight time by about 5 minutes, so this is normal. To get 30 mins, you have to be flying forward at a certain speed in no wind. You should get around the same flight time as the original mavic pro, or a minute or two less than the new one.
2.) The evo's video is very stable even in high wind.
3.) The Evo's range is at least as good or better than the original mavic. I have a mavic and it's signal can break up at one mile in the city.
4.) When flying max speed, you will see the props in your shot but the video should remain relatively stable.
I agree with all the above

Reactions: alekaras
1.)
4.) When flying max speed, you will see the props in your shot but the video should remain relatively stable.

On point 4 I have put on a nd 8 filter and so far I flew only at 20 mph but tomorrow I have it set at 45 mph (ludicrous setting) and will report back if I see the props with gimble at 0 deg.
Flew 2 outings with the Evo today and was very pleased with it, I went for a couple miles to see our concession bridge being repaired, we had to detour the whole summer because of the repair but it will be completed by the end of the month. See pic. (Sorry for the size)
Had a message with a new update for the EVO to download. 84 M (doing it now).MAX_0019.JPG

Hi all, Well yesterday I flew with the Ludicrous mode on and wow the speed is indeed fast not competition fast but close to it, I wouldn't want to fly at that speed on a constant basis though.Once the home point set this drone is very exact when RTH is pressed as it does it within inches which helps me greatly, you see I have MS and I am still ambulatory but limited as I look to sit as soon as I can. When I go for an outing with the EVO I sit in a lawn chair and put the drone at arm's lenght from me so roughly 3 or 4 ft. from my chair. I fly around then press RTH and behold the EVO lands right beside me in same spot. I have not tried it in high wind yet. The EVO is much more stable with its low profile when landing than the X-Star, after 6 or 7 flights my props are still virgin.
Lasly I have a concession to make to all and Agustine in terms of seeing the props when flying fast, I have a ND8 filter on, gimble set at 0 deg. and I see shadows of the prop. but not the prop itself. With the gimble set at 9 deg. no props to be seen. I'll try to insert a photo of the shadows.

Take Care All

I went from a parrot bebop 2, Mavic pro, mavic air and Now the EVO. Loving the EVO and I believe the firmwares will make it even better. I still won’t complain the way I got it now. It’s a beast and no more damn gimbal problems. If anyone can relate. Damn ribbons! Ha!

I went from a parrot bebop 2, Mavic pro, mavic air and Now the EVO. Loving the EVO and I believe the firmwares will make it even better. I still won’t complain the way I got it now. It’s a beast and no more damn gimbal problems. If anyone can relate. Damn ribbons! Ha!
i hear ya,among the other mp issues and hey,,,,,no saying please to NFZ in ''may i fly?'':cool:
im coming from several platforms including dji and the Evo is what ill fly.
what really tickles me is theres those that feel totally convinced they know every pro and con of a particular bird but has never owned one but get their info second hand from youtube vids and will even dispute things from actual owners.
smh

Last edited:
My Mavic has been perfect since day one. Not a blip wrong with it since I received it almost 2 years ago. Honestly my only complaint with DJI is the NFZ. That is it. I am looking at buying a second Autel unit though now that the prices are under $900 for 3 batts and a back pack. The X-Star P has to go … tooo big and like my Phantom's I'm not going to fly them unless I blow up my foldable unit.

My Mavic has been perfect since day one. Not a blip wrong with it since I received it almost 2 years ago. Honestly my only complaint with DJI is the NFZ. That is it. I am looking at buying a second Autel unit though now that the prices are under $900 for 3 batts and a back pack. The X-Star P has to go … tooo big and like my Phantom's I'm not going to fly them unless I blow up my foldable unit.

I really wanted that Mavic Zoom... But the NFZ and the stories on their customer service... Nope... I don't have the blood pressure to deal with that kind of aggravation. Autel fills my needs and hopefully will be able to overcome DJI's shady provisional patents lawyers. Probably the worst type of lawyer out there...

hi, where can you get that amazing deal for 900??????? id like to know so i can maybe buy it

hi, where can you get that amazing deal for 900??????? id like to know so i can maybe buy it

I believe there are a couple of places, but Best Buy is one of them. It is slightly misleading because it is 1000 bucks with the extra batteries and bag, but you get a hundred dollar gift card. I have the bag and never use it. I use a hard case, but it is worth it for the batteries and the props. With the two extra you get about an hour of flight time total.

I believe there are a couple of places, but Best Buy is one of them. It is slightly misleading because it is 1000 bucks with the extra batteries and bag, but you get a hundred dollar gift card. I have the bag and never use it. I use a hard case, but it is worth it for the batteries and the props. With the two extra you get about an hour of flight time total.
Ok. I'm so unsure about autel. I had the xstar premium and the range was awful. So I'm uncertain about having a 1000 dollar terrible experience.

Just go to the Autel site. That's who I bought mine from. Right now you get a free add-on bundle with the purchase. So for $999 you end up with the EVO, 3 batteries and soft case. That's what I did. BUT, I added on an additional battery and ND Filters and hard case too... Basically the Rugged Bundle with an extra battery + the soft case and ND filters for only $10 more than the Rugged Bundle alone...

Store | Autel Robotics

Ok. I'm so unsure about autel. I had the xstar premium and the range was awful. So I'm uncertain about having a 1000 dollar terrible experience.

Not really sure how far you plan on flying... I ain't letting $1000 out of my sight... So that's where it flys.

I love the hard case. Just put some locking latches on it and they look even better. I use my soft case for my DSLR and filters, and the stuff I don't need in my EVO case.

I understand completely. If you've been burned in the past by a company you don't want to go down that road again. That's why Ford, AT&T, and Kickstarter will never get another dime from me.

I have DJI, Yuneec, GoPro, and Autel drones. The Evo is my first Autel. I love it and have had great experiences with their customer service (just answering a question or more importantly replacing my remote controller - note: nothing was wrong with the controller, just the rubber grip pieces came off and they sent me an entire new controller!). My experiences with DJI weren't good, and Yuneec was positive, but not outstanding.

It's a solid drone from my experience. Best range of any drone in my arsenal. Doesn't have some of the Air's quickshot modes and the orbit isn't quite there yet, but it is my go to and my preferred flier. Battery life alone puts it above the Air for what I need.

Reactions: rsjb41
It's a solid drone from my experience. Best range of any drone in my arsenal. Doesn't have some of the Air's quickshot modes and the orbit isn't quite there yet, but it is my go to and my preferred flier. Battery life alone puts it above the Air for what I need.

And that's exactly what I dont get about autel. They release a product that isn't ready for consumers. From what I read they released it with horizon tilt issues, range issues, all things that get fixed in firmware but why isn't that squared away... idk. The company seems like it could be a dji competitor but injustice dont know if I trust them if simple stuff like orbit needs work

Greetings All, Had a question as I am receiving mine today, I bought the rugged bundle from Carolina Dronz and it comes with 3 batteries total.
Would you think I would have to update to last firmware with all three batteries ?

Many thanks

Norm
@Normex Just check your firmware against the posted info on Autel's site. I bought the Bundle direct from them a few months ago. Shipped from Seattle and had been updated to current specs at the time. Since I have done 2 updates just because they were working out some bugs and added some features. The batteries are probably updated but you will see info on them as well in the Explorer program. Have fun it is a great little drone!

I really wanted that Mavic Zoom... But the NFZ and the stories on their customer service... Nope... I don't have the blood pressure to deal with that kind of aggravation. Autel fills my needs and hopefully will be able to overcome DJI's shady provisional patents lawyers. Probably the worst type of lawyer out there...
I have owned or operated just about all of their products including being a certified pilot for my organization that operates Inspires. We have 0 problems with them. I am not a brand loyalist I just purchase the best tool for the job. The only issue that has me looking for a second foldable is the NFZ. I do not ever fly where I shouldn't but I would like that to be my choice not DJI's. So in that since, I can see buying a 2nd Aute unit. l also see the Merit of the Mavic 2 but... I would not buy the zoom. If I were to buy one it would be the pro with 10 bit color. If you don't need the editing flexibility of the 10 bit color or the lowlight advantage of the 1 inch sensor I would go with the EVO. Just my .02

Reactions: Hysteresis

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy