Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Pro 2 v1 support going forward?

AndrewS

Reaction score
I have an Evo Pro 2 v1 which is performing great. I see no need to replace it. But now that it has been discontinued, I'm wondering about support going forward (firmware updates, tech support, service/parts). Are you aware of any related announcements from Autel concerning support for v1? What is Autel's history in relationship to support for discontinued drones? Thanks

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
If you've not noticed, Evo 1 firmware and support page (downloads etc) has vanished from the Autel site. I'd say the handwriting is on the wall

Just got super scared about the below comment. Initially as I thought the reply comment was about the OP's Evo 2 Pro v1.
If you've not noticed, Evo 1 firmware and support page (downloads etc) has vanished from the Autel site. I'd say the handwriting is on the wall

The The Evo 2 Pro v1 firmware is still there.

I assume the comment refers to missing software for the Original Version 1 Evo, not the version 2. And also assume the comment refers to a pending, but not yet removal of the firmware for the Evo 2 Pro v1 which the OP has.

Screenshot_20220914-063207_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: waltermitty
As far as I know they are still continuing to support all EVO 2 products. The only products that have hit end of cycle is the A-Star and the 1st Evo version.

The EVO 2 series are still very relevant in the market. I have the E2P V1 and was told there is enough stock currently to maintain that version and any relevant repairs for the near future. The only reason they stated using different chip sets in the E2 is due to the lower cost and manufacturer/storage shortage of the V1 chip during the PLANNEDemic. I would not worry. All versions of the E2 have interchangeable parts except for the chipsets, with the exception of the Enterprise products that have slightly different motors and stronger carbon fiber parts.

I have an Evo Pro 2 v1 which is performing great. I see no need to replace it. But now that it has been discontinued, I'm wondering about support going forward (firmware updates, tech support, service/parts). Are you aware of any related announcements from Autel concerning support for v1? What is Autel's history in relationship to support for discontinued drones?

Reactions: edgardcafe
Autel has announced that Evo II V1 will have support only until May 2023. Good news is the FW is well-sorted, and the batteries interchange with V2 and V3

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben648691