Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO PRO 2, is my new go to mapping drone and yes over the P4Pv2

Nice 2D Ortho!
You have GCP's and appears Tripods... are you running a RTK base(s) with other platform on same day?
I like the Orange & Black GCP's... stand out nice! Do you like or use the 4' Scale GCP to get a base scale?

Do you align the GCP's pre-processing with DD or does DD service perform that alignment?

If this was a Nadir collection for 2D, why are some of the vertical structures: shed, home, autos, etc looking like an Oblique collection for 3D, noticed several vertical / 3D structures with skewed images?

Good looking Shepard too.... do the drones bother her?

Since Autel platform not within DD eco system primarily of DJI. You prefer the DD results over other services or Owned products?
Curious, if not gaining all DD tools and assets for the subscription, why use their service. I'm assuming you have an acct for other platforms and simply taking advantage of the processing being available? I'm interested, I've basically avoided DD subscription and used Metashape, MME or other processing options.

Later noticed the 3D toggle... made both 2D & 3D model. Explains the structures.

I have tried pix 4D and DD, and I like the end result of DD the best, out of all I have seen. But I have not seen them all.... I used DJI drones, and still do that's why I got DD, and just added the EVO to my fleet. But you can do anything DD can do with the EVO mission planner. Yes used RTK same day NTRIP+Base+Rover. DD gets your GCPs close then you do the final alignment. The drones don't bother the dog... it was mostly a nadir mission, but I got some orbits of that house.

Here is map report of that site. GCP 5 should have been next to the house and there should have been one more checkpoint. I was not happy about that. my partner laid them out (and he knows better). it happens in this order. We lay down GCPs, start flying our mission, fire up the base station, after flight go collect points.

Attachments

• report buffilo.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
I have tried pix 4D and DD, and I like the end result of DD the best, out of all I have seen. But I have not seen them all.... I used DJI drones, and still do that's why I got DD, and just added the EVO to my fleet. But you can do anything DD can do with the EVO mission planner. Yes used RTK same day NTRIP+Base+Rover. DD gets your GCPs close then you do the final alignment. The drones don't bother the dog... it was mostly a nadir mission, but I got some orbits of that house.
I haven't tried DD yet, but they do create impressive reports I'll give them that one. Pix4D processing with a trial, wasn't useful due to being Windows only and needing a nice GPU CUDA unit card to really benefit. So far, I've learning Metashape and it's output is very good considering the minimal work on the Input side.

Always looking & comparing at various products and interested in what folks think of what they use.

The "Live Model" feature was one of the strong points for DD. I see great value in the simplistic & quick method to view an accurate image to map & plot a mission. The DD app features are not available with the EVO platform so you aren't able to use their "live model" feature and I believe a few other specific app features. That would be great if they could offer this to other platforms, but I doubt they'll support Autel.

What are you using with the RTK setup...the P4P RTK or some other platform with kitted RTK hardware?

If Autel not supported in the DD App, what attracts to the EVO2 in contrast to a M2P... cameras for mapping similar.

Interesting to hear on the GPC processing, the DD processing will align the GCP's. Do you upload the GPC position file and they process GCP's?

The Drone Deploy is a nice looking suite of features, but at $300 per month... $3600 per yr for the features you're displaying... for a small shop not heavy in mapping, that's pricey compared to other options. But it certainly is a complete suite package!

for GCPs, I just use Emlid RS2 RTK Base Unit (connected to NTRIP) and RS2 RTK Rover to collect GCPs at least 5 and on bigger projects 10, then I put points and then upload them into a CSV file and upload with my photos into DD. After that DD will ask me to tag the GCPs, they auto tag and get you close sometimes on the money. you tag make sure everything is correct and submit it. I do not use a RTK drone and dont feel the need for one if you lay down enough GCPs. I am also able to use the correct ESPG code for my area (NAD 88) and correct vertical datum.

On the Metashape isn't it also called Agisoft? or similar? and what is the cost of it per year please?

I like the P4Pv2, as far as EVO PRO vs MAVIC PRO, I really like the way the map looks more with the evo, and feel the camera is a lot better. also the 3D models turn out better.

Please let me know the pricing on Metashape and any other info on it, Thanks
I do love DD, but it is Costly

Agisoft Metashape Professional Edition Node-locked license =$ 3 499

Agisoft Metashape Standard Edition Node-locked license $ 179

You see a lot of people who just pirate the software. Not saying its right but its out there.

whats the benefits of the pro over standard? Like on DD the standard you can not us GCPs.....

Ahhh... OK, I'm tracking ya now. If I understand, you're doing all the RTK collection via ground Rover to each GPC point. You're also using a on-site Base... with NTRIP Base, although you could use Rover with NTRIP alone, kinda thought that was the way many used NTRIP... no on-site Base, just Rover.

Then you're associating the aerial collection with the GCP points in images versus collection PPK or RTK aerial. Interesting, haven't considered that tangent but a quick Google indicates that's a popular solution.

I was entertaining a modified X4S (precise trigger with M2) to use with Reach M2 onboard an I2 or M210... or direct M2 interface with a A7Riii under a M600Pro... maybe a A7Riii and the newer LIDAR a dual setup under M600Pro with the Reach M2.

The Metashape is made by Agisoft, old name was Photoscan before Metashape. It is a Licensed Owned product... runs on a Mac Pro or Windows... need some processing power, more in the line of upper end GPU's like a Vega64 or Nvidia 1080Ti. Cost to Own about the same as 1 yr of DD. But, you won't get the fancy DD extent of Reports... you can obtain and probably more but it's all you... I'm still learning. I like the Owned part of the Asset.

Another is "Reality Capture" by Capture Reality. They are also a local run program, but you don't have to purchase to use... PMI (credit token) allows you to use full version and if you want to export images or models, you pay for each image tag once... no matter how many times used or within different sets, each image has 1 token buy when needed. This package has great potential, but I'm learning... slowly. It does have a great Ground Point association feature... you associate a point and it finds then all throughout all images. A different manor to GCP's for alignment.

Metashape is primarily Russian IT developed... well made product and Reality Capture is from Slovakia. RealityCapture: Mapping and 3D Modeling Photogrammetry Software - CapturingReality.com

Metashape at $3500
Full Version trial - 30 day per email address.

Reactions: Dave.mp4
whats the benefits of the pro over standard? Like on DD the standard you can not us GCPs.....
The Standard isn't much use... all requires the Pro Version. But download Pro Trial... you get full functionality for 30 plus days. If you need more to decide or learn... use a different email address for another trial.

Agisoft Metashape Professional Edition Node-locked license =$ 3 499

Agisoft Metashape Standard Edition Node-locked license $ 179

You see a lot of people who just pirate the software. Not saying its right but its out there.
That is true... taking chance of your accounts aren't hacked via malware from "cracked" versions. Only seen cracked for Windows, no crack for Mac version.

Other problem is updates, the product improves often with updates, hack won't upgrade and you introduce another round of malware each time you seek another "cracked" version grab.

But it does work, and is out there.

Another major plus for DD is presentation and Players. DD and MME provide URL to both 2D and 3D models and access to download the files. Other products don't even provide a self standing Player, and lack all web based presentation ease.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo