Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Max 4T thermal camera issue

Solidhouse

Reaction score
Is anyone else having any issues with their thermal camera giving inaccurate temperature measurements?

For instance, a human is showing up as 210 degrees Fahrenheit. Does anyone know why this may be happening and if there is a fix for it?

I'm new to the Max 4T but I noticed wrong temperature readings. I just passed it off to me being a new Max owner and may not have set something correctly.
How much is the temperature off with your unit? It’s off by 120 degrees Fahrenheit on mine.

Is anyone else having any issues with their thermal camera giving inaccurate temperature measurements?

For instance, a human is showing up as 210 degrees Fahrenheit. Does anyone know why this may be happening and if there is a fix for it?
You would hope to get an accurate reading from this drone. However, these drones are not meant for quantitative thermology, only qualitative. In other words, they are not designed for accurate temperature readings, but rather to detect thermal changes across a surface. There are so many variables that effect a thermal radiometers ability to provide accurate temperature readings such as emissivity, reflected radiation, spot size and ratio. There is also no way to really calibrate the camera for each project as you need to do with every single temperature reading you do with a proper thermal radiometer. There is not enough settings on this drone to complete this. Before becoming a Level II Thermographer I tried to use my M2EA for temp references on roof inspections but realized its bunk. It's far more complicated than point and shoot.

Last edited:
Reactions: EBERLS
How much is the temperature off with your unit? It’s off by 120 degrees Fahrenheit on mine.
Sorry that it took so long to reply Solidhouse, I was studying to pass the Part 107 test and was not online much. When I measure myself, I would get temperatures around 50-78 degrees Fahrenheit. I wished I knew that this tech was not accurate before I spent the money on it. My drone flies fantastic. The camera is the largest part of the cost of this drone, therefore I would have been just as happy with this drone with a less expensive camera. (without IR)

By the way, I'm now a Part 107 sUAS Pilot......

Sorry that it took so long to reply Solidhouse, I was studying to pass the Part 107 test and was not online much. When I measure myself, I would get temperatures around 50-78 degrees Fahrenheit. I wished I knew that this tech was not accurate before I spent the money on it. My drone flies fantastic. The camera is the largest part of the cost of this drone, therefore I would have been just as happy with this drone with a less expensive camera. (without IR)

By the way, I'm now a Part 107 sUAS Pilot......
Congratulations on the Part 107!!

Don’t be discouraged with your drone. Now that you have your Part 107 you can use that drone for thermal roof inspection, building envelope inspection, animal search and rescue, and locating injured deer for hunters. Sign up with Fly Guys who hire pilots to collect data for larger companies all across the US. I didn’t own a thermal camera 2 years ago and now I’m getting hired for building inspection and solar inspection quite often.

Why thank you, EDSC Canada. I met a Fly Guys employee who said he loved his job. I think that I will take a look at this resource. Thanks again....

MrTurnerPhoto

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuniorPilot2024