Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Max 4T range extender / antenna

Solidhouse

Reaction score
Does anyone think this may be a legitimate range extender / antenna for the Evo Max?

The manufacture claim that this will work much better compared to a 20w amplifier / directional antenna due to its mimo configuration.

That's an interesting array. After looking at several of their products, I'll point out that they offer zero information on the actual antennas used. No gain figures, no plots, nothing. At least the picture alludes that they may actually use a power divider, though I doubt its efficiency, as dividers are band specific and do not function well for multiband operation.

There have been many posts regarding range extenders in the forum.

In short, adding an amp does little for you, as the controller also needs to hear the drone. If you are at range, then switching to a directional antenna is a possibility - if you can maintain alignment.

Reactions: Solidhouse
If anyone has purchased this, and has tested it, please let us all know how well it works here.

Could you share what antenna you have been using and how much it has improved the range?

So I was actually just speaking to a representative of wire-eng and they just don't have enough of the antennas sold to have alot of field data to go off of. I plan to purchase it and I'm getting it at a reasonable price and will be providing them feedback and possible video of before and after usage with data and relevant information about the antenna capabilities. I was also told that they will also be releasing a much more compact version in the near future. I'll post any and all info I get from wire-eng here so that way everyone can make an informed decision.

NRGD&ALLC, that's fantastic. I will very much be looking forward to hearing more from you. Please post more about that when you get further information. I am definitely interested.

Reactions: NRGD&ALLC
NRGD&ALLC, that's fantastic. I will very much be looking forward to hearing more from you. Please post more about that when you get further information. I am definitely interested.
Takashira-san,

I will be purchasing the omnidirectional antenna most likely within the next 12 to 18 hours. Once I get it I will start looking into the statistics and the data and will relay any and all information I find out about it. I'm curious to see just what exactly it does compared to what the company claims. Although after speaking to the head of engineering with wire eng he seems confident and convinced that it will most definitely be helpful to any and all flights.

Wonderful! That is fantastic news. Please let me and everyone else here know what you find out!

Takashira-san,

I will be purchasing the omnidirectional antenna most likely within the next 12 to 18 hours. Once I get it I will start looking into the statistics and the data and will relay any and all information I find out about it. I'm curious to see just what exactly it does compared to what the company claims. Although after speaking to the head of engineering with wire eng he seems confident and convinced that it will most definitely be helpful to any and all flights.
Did you end up buying the omnidirectional antenna? If so, I would like to know how this worked out for you?

Did you end up buying the omnidirectional antenna? If so, I would like to know how this worked out for you?
I have purchased the antenna array and although I haven't put it together yet I will say one thing it is huge... I did not realize that each antenna would be nearly 2ft long. I had to get a 16ft poll that's segmented to start building it. I will have done some preliminary testing here within a few days. But I will say this. It isn't something that you're gonna be able to piece together on the fly. It's something that will need to remain put together and taken where needed. Will update with photos when finished.

I have purchased the antenna array and although I haven't put it together yet I will say one thing it is huge... I did not realize that each antenna would be nearly 2ft long. I had to get a 16ft poll that's segmented to start building it. I will have done some preliminary testing here within a few days. But I will say this. It isn't something that you're gonna be able to piece together on the fly. It's something that will need to remain put together and taken where needed. Will update with photos when finished.
Wow, that's incredible! So it does seem to justify the hefty price tag. I will be looking forward to your next response with great interest!

Do you have any updates as of now?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo