Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Max 4T Mapping Firmware Update

I was told by my source at Autel last night to expect a mapping & battery hot swap firmware update on Monday evening (8-14-23)
If I get more info before that, I will be sure to pass it along.

Thanks!
Thanks for the heads up FDS! The Autel Mapper software is decent so I'm looking forward to the the new firmware. The Autel Mapper 1.2 generated some beautifully complex 3D Images and a nice "ortho" for me... the only issue is figuring out how to export the imagery to someone else like a client.

What do you mean by mapping? Does it not currently have the grid survey functionality that all the rest have?

I got an email from Autel telling me my free trial of the Autel Mapper software is being extended. Wow, yay, totally useless software that produces no deliverables, continues to be free. Maybe they'll do something with that too.

What do you mean by mapping? Does it not currently have the grid survey functionality that all the rest have?

I got an email from Autel telling me my free trial of the Autel Mapper software is being extended. Wow, yay, totally useless software that produces no deliverables, continues to be free. Maybe they'll do something with that too.
Trying to be positive and keep from thinking I wasted $9K. I had to manually and tediously, I might add, generate my own up and down grid of a "40" acre area to get an ortho out of it, but it worked.

Software is ready to push, but it may not go until this Friday. I am waiting for a more definitive answer on that, but that is the latest I was told from Autel. It is coming, and it will open up a lot of opportunities for this drone. As soon as I have more information, I will pass it along.

Looking forward to it! It seems to be coinciding with the update for Autel Mapper...now 1.3.1 with some bug fixes and improvements. Hope to try it out by week end! Thanks for the heads up!

So much for the firmware update. I spoke to "Michael" at Autel Enterprise Support today... he's like "whaaaat, I don't know of an upcoming update, but I'll get back with you." Good thing I didn't hold my breath for that call back, since I'm still waiting to hear from Michelle about the Thermal Software. WOW!

Florida Drone Supply - Have you heard anything else about this firmware update?

Well, not the news I was looking for, but they pushed it 6 more days due to an error that the QA team found before the push. That is the latest news as of yesterday afternoon (8-21-23) As soon as I hear more, you guys will be the first to know.

Last edited:
image.jpg
Here's the release notes...when I turned on my controller and drone it automatically starting downloading and then when I was done it uploaded it to the drone, but this link is nothing more than release notes. You can't actually grab the firmware update off your computer...your controller needs connect to the Internet.

Reactions: Solidhouse and AtoZ
Loading all had to start over on aircraft run out of battery :(
Make sure all charged up.
I hope this aircraft firmware matches the SDK better.
Not sure what added in to the Controller app though as hmm.
Geo Zone no fly zones, etc,

Nice to see some actions and updates, Now I need to get some of the cob web of it :)

hmm some in AI recog...
/**
* armored car
*/
SECURITY_ARMORED_VEHICLE(32,"Combat vehicle"),

Yessir that aircraft battery and remote best be fully charged. When you're done don't forget to go into the menu and slide that button to make the batteries hot swappable...it works! It also gets you the 50MP photo capability too!

Last edited:
Reactions: pyrozyme
First impression, Yes some is added, but I compare it to the SDK vs what is in firmware (in aircraft), hmmm, SDK I guess is a wish list. More cob webs on it guess. One major thing Im looking at is to get RJPEG or something for temperature measurement not just on screen. Well Im asking to much I guess.
Other is that you should be able to query radar for distance in every direction, need to try that one also but hmm, Good luck to me :)

Reactions: pyrozyme
Agreed...I haven't dove into the SDK realm, but sounds interesting...I'm hoping for some useable thermal tool as well for industrial inspections..

Last edited:
Agreed...I haven't dove into the SDK realm, but sounds interesting...I'm hoping for some useable thermal tool as well for industrial inspectiobs.
Thats why I got it for, a backup for my M30T or be the Primary and make the M30T backup.

I see the app on the controller will take longer to make.
But when you make an SDK the Aircraft Firmware should work with it....,
If I make my own software for controller I should be able to use all functions in the SDK.
hmm all is hmm, so far a joke as I see it. Nice aircraft nice ideas, Simple battery hot swap, hmm
Just saying, sorry getting a bit frustrated.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34