Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO - Ludicrous Mode Quick Heads up !

This happens to me exactly. I was flying over water at 210 feet when I turned on Ludicrous mode. It decended to 65 feet in about 36 seconds. Good thing I caught it, slowed down and raised it.
When it descended did you see that visually (LOS), and digitally on your screen? Thanks

Wow, this was noticed in 2019. When I placed mine in Ludicrous, I pushed the sticks all the way forward @ 500 plus feet and 42.2 mph - maybe for 15 seconds. It had 78% power, and the remote had about 80% something power. ..for no reason at all, it came to a complete stop and fell from 500 plus feet. I suspect that ludicrous mode is a no no.

Good point. I did the very same thing on all my DJI drones and plan to do the same with Evo during windy days. Although I fly typically on less windy days but it's good to know in case it's needed.
I did the same the other day. It was set at 11mph. There was a good breeze blowing and the evo set at 11mph couldn't handle it. It wasn't terrible. I kicked it up to 22mph and it was able to compensate. If the wind got any stronger I would have had to put it in Ludicrous mode. I practice with all the modes, they are there for a reason. I am a commercial pilot. When getting a commercial pilots license, you have to demonstrate the maximum capabilities of a complex aircraft. You are tested on various maneuvers which will test your capacity to do that. You never know when those skills might be tested in real life. So I want to do the same with my drone. I don't want to buzz around daily at 42mph. But if I had to, I can. I'm not afraid because I know what to expect. But being a fair weather pilot is good too. Now the insane thing to me is not Ludicrous mode, but the people who fly there drones in clouds and up to crazy altitudes. Flying where Instrumented pilots are doing instrument flights in the National Airspace system. Have you read, I took my drone up to 6000 ft agl today, it was so much fun. Now that is nuts. These people scare me, because I am the one flying hoping some idiot with a drone isn't being ignorant, illegal, and dangerous. These are the people that are going to ruin it for us all. Know the rules, you are responsible for them whether you know them or not. I'm still fairly new with drone flying. I'm studying for the part 107 exam. Most of it I'm already familiar with, but for those who don't know the National Airspace system, types of controlled airspace, etc,, the material required for this license is good information to know. Let's not keep broadcasting ourselves to the FAA doing really dangerous stunts.

Reactions: SD_PIlot
I did the same the other day. It was set at 11mph. There was a good breeze blowing and the evo set at 11mph couldn't handle it. It wasn't terrible. I kicked it up to 22mph and it was able to compensate. If the wind got any stronger I would have had to put it in Ludicrous mode. I practice with all the modes, they are there for a reason. I am a commercial pilot. When getting a commercial pilots license, you have to demonstrate the maximum capabilities of a complex aircraft. You are tested on various maneuvers which will test your capacity to do that. You never know when those skills might be tested in real life. So I want to do the same with my drone. I don't want to buzz around daily at 42mph. But if I had to, I can. I'm not afraid because I know what to expect. But being a fair weather pilot is good too. Now the insane thing to me is not Ludicrous mode, but the people who fly there drones in clouds and up to crazy altitudes. Flying where Instrumented pilots are doing instrument flights in the National Airspace system. Have you read, I took my drone up to 6000 ft agl today, it was so much fun. Now that is nuts. These people scare me, because I am the one flying hoping some idiot with a drone isn't being ignorant, illegal, and dangerous. These are the people that are going to ruin it for us all. Know the rules, you are responsible for them whether you know them or not. I'm still fairly new with drone flying. I'm studying for the part 107 exam. Most of it I'm already familiar with, but for those who don't know the National Airspace system, types of controlled airspace, etc,, the material required for this license is good information to know. Let's not keep broadcasting ourselves to the FAA doing really dangerous stunts.
You do not have to pay for a part 107. The FAA has one for free. Also all FAA publications are available for free. The Pilots handbook of aeronautical Knowledge has great information in it. Use this link to get to all of the publications Aviation Handbooks & Manuals. Then look for the Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical knowledge. Aviation weather is also a good one for all pilots to study about weather. The FAA offers free webinars at FAAsafety.gov. Merry Christmas everyone

You do not have to pay for a part 107. The FAA has one for free. Also all FAA publications are available for free. The Pilots handbook of aeronautical Knowledge has great information in it. Use this link to get to all of the publications Aviation Handbooks & Manuals. Then look for the Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical knowledge. Aviation weather is also a good one for all pilots to study about weather. The FAA offers free webinars at FAAsafety.gov. Merry Christmas everyone
Correction, for a part 107 course, the FAA has a 107 course for free. It does cost a small amount for the test and license.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy