Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo is still on beta firmware

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
It would appear the EVO was shipped out with beta firmware. You don't get the full advertised package. You have to wait for the final firmware to hit. The old timers on here can tell you this might be a while. Really hope they solved the critical battery drops with the EVO. The poop will hit the fan if they did not address that problem.

A little write up on the release of the EVO from:

https://dronedj.com/2018/06/25/aute...the-foldable-evo-drone-should-dji-be-worried/

It would appear the EVO was shipped out with beta firmware. You don't get the full advertised package. You have to wait for the final firmware to hit. The old timers on here can tell you this might be a while. Really hope they solved the critical battery drops with the EVO. The poop will hit the fan if they did not address that problem.

A little write up on the release of the EVO from:

https://dronedj.com/2018/06/25/aute...the-foldable-evo-drone-should-dji-be-worried/
Wow, I bet their coders are working looooong hours, but shipping w/o completed firmware sounds desperate to make a ship-date...

The sudden battery failure is rare, but so incredibly stressful when it happens if over treacherous terrain or water, you never forget it. Solve that, and you really have my attention since by all accounts (so far) the camera is really good.

BTW, reading reviews of Parrot drones on Amazon reveals their CS seems bad....

I get the feeling many are using just one finger....

Update as of 7/26/17 - 32 days into my open case and now Parrot is just ignoring me. This company has the worst support imaginable. Run.

This product itself is great. 4.5 or 5 star great.

Now I am going to explain why I am giving only 1 star. When something goes wrong, and something will always go wrong with a drone at some point, you need to have the ability to work with support sometimes to troubleshoot or get things replaced. Their support team is now on week 4 of my case file issue and seem to have no interest in supporting me, giving answers or even communicating effectively. The Disco has a Pitot tube that senses air speed and controls the engine speed accordingly. the drone locked into permanent full speed in flight and eventually crashed because of the speed. Tier 2 tech support cannot be reached Directly, they are padded entirely by tier 1 which is more or less powerless beyond typing into the case file (they have cool callsigns though like they're in Top Gun), and they take a week or more to answer back and forth. Now I am 8 Days in from the last response to an email and nothing back. When I call tier 1 they commit to checking with tier 2. They can't even reach them on the phone. Parrot support is hands down the worst I have ever experienced in my 35 years of buying stuff and needing to call people.

Thanks Parrot. Hopefully some people take this into account.”

Last edited:
It would appear the EVO was shipped out with beta firmware. You don't get the full advertised package.

Smh. Absolutely absurd and inexcusable. Kinda like ordering dinner at a restaurant and having it served uncooked - "don't worry, just start eating it...we'll finish cooking it later." Just my opinion, but anyone who spends their hard earned money on a half-finished product is crazy - especially from a company with a proven track record of monumentally slow firmware releases and making product performance promises that never come to fruition (XSP SDK, camera options for XSP, etc). I love my XSP, but I'm sorry Autel - my wallet is closed to you for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
This is a very messy new product launch from inception up until delivery. Not saying other products don't have this problem (no talking about drones specifically) but products in general. Is it Autel's fault or just the public putting so much publicity on this new drone from Autel. Guess we'll see what happens in the next few months. Glad I'm holding out for now.

Smh. Absolutely absurd and inexcusable. Kinda like ordering dinner at a restaurant and having it served uncooked - "don't worry, just start eating it...we'll finish cooking it later." Just my opinion, but anyone who spends their hard earned money on a half-finished product is crazy - especially from a company with a proven track record of monumentally slow firmware releases and making product performance promises that never come to fruition (XSP SDK, camera options for XSP, etc). I love my XSP, but I'm sorry Autel - my wallet is closed to you for the foreseeable future.

This is pretty much standard operating procedure for a lot of the software industry.
Manufacture, ship to retail and then assume that the buyer will be performing a patch on day 1.

I don't necessarily endorse the idea, but the practice is more common than not for internet enabled devices.

Reactions: bobthinks
This is pretty much standard operating procedure for a lot of the software industry.
Manufacture, ship to retail and then assume that the buyer will be performing a patch on day 1.

I don't necessarily endorse the idea, but the practice is more common than not for internet enabled devices.

This is entirely to common and dead on. The lack of a day one patch is the only thing truly unique. And honestly it's not all that unique either.

Well I hate to bring this up but I have never seen a missing option in any DJI release, mind you I don't own one and really don't follow it to much but I can say I have never heard anyone complain that a option offered is not there. I have owned and bought Yuneec products since 2014 and every release they have had for me any ways has been what was advertised. And further advancement came from customer feedback along the way.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan