Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Introduction to the EVO II Beta Firmware Program!

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Hello EVO II users.
We would like to announce the introduction of our EVO II Beta Firmware Program!
In order to collect user feedback on upcoming updates, we are creating a small group of users to get a preview of beta firmware versions before public release. We invite any user with an EVO II 8K, EVO II Pro, and/or EVO II Dual to apply for the Beta Firmware Program via the Google Form linked below.
https://forms.gle/xg2tZMRMCb5jgQzK8
If selected for the program, we will contact you via the email provided in your application.
If you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns, please contact our Customer Support team via email at [email protected]
— feeling excited.

screenshot-docs.google.com-2020.09.18-20_11_46.png

I totally agree! They were good with beta before and I can't see why they would expect anyone to beta test without a guarantee. I'm sure they will.

Actually there were 3 main Beta testers for firmware. Eric Godfrey, Heath Lawrence (RIP bud) and another gentleman that slips my my mind right now. All run by the main firmware man Kenneth AR who quit the company as he did not like the direction it was going and how they screwed the X-star users. Basically the way they ran their beta programs back then was to give each beta tester a free unit so they were not using their own UAV. I just don't see this with the new management now in place. They have gone from being so far from DJI to almost being a reflective double of DJI in my opinion. Not the same company most of us older customers are used to.

• Sad
Reactions: Tufargon
That explains a ton to me seeing what has happened over the years. We'll see what happens I guess. I'll keep flying my new one and see what happens with Autel. Still love their product.

Only if they actually come out and say they will cover any damage from faulty Beta firmware. No way will I agree to use my very own $2000 plus dollar UAV as a guinea pig for their profits
Can't you feel the adrenaline pumping with the what ifs of that beta firmware? ?

Sh**. My adrenaline gets pumping when I fly my own with already tested firmware LOL

This is becoming very common in the UAV industry. Many believe parrot used it's customers as beta testers and just dropped them to open their "Made In The USA line of the Anafi"
If you go buy a new car and it said you are agreeing to be a beta tester for this new product would you agree.....I sure as heck would not put my family at risk.

Very discouraging as a consumer is all I can say. Hopefully they DO guarantee testers.

This is becoming very common in the UAV industry. Many believe parrot used it's customers as beta testers and just dropped them to open their "Made In The USA line of the Anafi"
If you go buy a new car and it said you are agreeing to be a beta tester for this new product would you agree.....I sure as heck would not put my family at risk.
My car breaks if it detects a car in front. I beta tested this unwillingly. Thankfully it works. ?

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
Many 3DR Solos became smoking holes in the ground for the sake of testing with no compensation or replacement. However, that was volunteers doing the firmware (after 3DR gave it up) and it was understood they may be sacrificing for the good of the community. A company wanting users to beta test a flying object definitely need to address the risk so people know what they're getting themselves into. I typically don't mind flying the latest bleeding edge as long as I know what I'm getting into and what the risks are. If Autel can explain all that and provide detailed change logs, I'll fly it. If it's just "here try this", no thanks.

Reactions: aebiv
Many 3DR Solos became smoking holes in the ground for the sake of testing with no compensation or replacement. However, that was volunteers doing the firmware (after 3DR gave it up) and it was understood they may be sacrificing for the good of the community. A company wanting users to beta test a flying object definitely need to address the risk so people know what they're getting themselves into. I typically don't mind flying the latest bleeding edge as long as I know what I'm getting into and what the risks are. If Autel can explain all that and provide detailed change logs, I'll fly it. If it's just "here try this", no thanks.
This x10.

If we can get good change logs and actual fast responses from support when discussing bugs, I’m all for this. As much as I love my E2P, I still have DJI’s around due to Autel’s software issues. While I get why others wouldn’t, I’m good adding some risk and taking up some time in the hopes it improves the product.

Reactions: Critterracing

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58