Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II V2 Units are now available!

Sent this email to Randall about a week ago but haven't gotten a response. I'm not gonna buy until I get these answers. Can anybody help me out?

"Hi Randall,

I was hoping you could provide some clarification for me.

1. Are the smart controller and Evo II (together) going to be dual-band or tri-band?

I'm asking because people are saying they see a 900Mhz option on the smart controller V1 but no 5.8Ghz option that was advertised. But, I'm hearing that the smart controller V2 is supposed to have the 5.8Ghz option.

2. Are the smart controller V1 and smart controller V2 going to be using different bands?

3. Without the smart controller (just the standard controller), will the Evo II V2 support dual-band or tri-band at all?"
I'm asking because people are saying they see a 900Mhz option on the smart controller V1 but no 5.8Ghz option that was advertised. But, I'm hearing that the smart controller V2 is supposed to have the 5.8Ghz option.
If evo is making the smart controller able to use 900Mhz, 2.4Ghz and 5.8ghz, it implies they will be making other drones that use these frequencies. Long range drones typically use the lower bandwidths like 900mhz and 2.4ghz, while short range drones use the higher bandwidths. For a higher bandwidth, like 5.8 ghz to get long range the power needs to be boosted much higher than the 2.4 ghz and 900mhz.

Has anyone heard of long(er) range antennas for the Smart Controller Version 1 or Version 2? Thanks.

Yup! That would be this bad boy:

If evo is making the smart controller able to use 900Mhz, 2.4Ghz and 5.8ghz, it implies they will be making other drones that use these frequencies. Long range drones typically use the lower bandwidths like 900mhz and 2.4ghz, while short range drones use the higher bandwidths. For a higher bandwidth, like 5.8 ghz to get long range the power needs to be boosted much higher than the 2.4 ghz and 900mhz.
When I reset the image back to factory default you see the 900Mhz option and auto. Once you update to current version you shouldn’t see the option. We have tested this on multiple units and this is the current behavior we see.

version 2 will support 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz only. It will not be tri bad .

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
EVO II V2 units will begin shipping from Advexure next week and are now available online. Be sure to select "V2" when ordering. Advexure will continue to offer and maintain plentiful stock of V1 systems for as long as we can to be able to support our partners who are looking to add additional craft or make fleet expansions within their existing V1 ecosystems, and also for maintenance, service, loaner and rental needs.

Below are links to where you will find the "V2" option for the respective EVO II model options:​

*Made in the USA with foreign and domestic parts and labor

V2 Smart Controllers are also slated to begin shipping within the next week or two. Now available for pre-order!​

A few things to note:​

• All V2 unit pricing is the same as previous V1 unit pricing.
  • All kit configurations remain the same.
  • V2 aircraft will be clearly identified with a "V2" marking.
  • V1 Smart Controllers are not compatible with V2 airframes and vice versa.
  • There is not currently a Live Deck V2. They may not be a Live Deck V2 as a potential new solution may be introduced.
Read more about the V1/V2 version announcement here: Autel Robotics EVO II Version 2 Announcement

Should you have any questions, our team is here to help by any of the means of communication listed below:
  • Call us at (424) 317-4450
  • Live chat at Advexure.com
  • Email at [email protected]
  • Direct message here on the forum

Fly safe, all.

The Advexure Team
www.advexure.com
Hello, I have ordered the Evo 2 Pro V2 and The Smart controller V2 from your store which says on your website “ V2 UNITS BEGIN SHIPPING IN 1-2 WEEKS. “
My order are more than 2 weeks, so do you know when you guys will have it for delivery?

Hello, I have ordered the Evo 2 Pro V2 and The Smart controller V2 from your store which says on your website “ V2 UNITS BEGIN SHIPPING IN 1-2 WEEKS. “
My order are more than 2 weeks, so do you know when you guys will have it for delivery?
Autel has still not yet begun shipping V2 units of the Smart Controller. I believe these should begin shipping from Autel any day. I will see if we can get an update.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo