Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II PRO RTK

EBEPLS

Reaction score
Just made a hotspot with my mobile phone for the Smart Controller (big one). Logged in to our states RTN, working like a charm on first try ! !

UAV has cm position accuracy !

Pretty neat I thinkIMG_20230301_175402429_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Just like a surveyor discovering true RTK for the first time. It's awesome when it works!

Reactions: EBEPLS
Just made a hotspot with my mobile phone for the Smart Controller (big one). Logged in to our states RTN, working like a charm on first try ! !

UAV has cm position accuracy !

Pretty neat I thinkView attachment 15769
I live in MD. I know they don't have NTRIP. How do I find RTN?

I ran into some public sharing site but I don't understand how it works.

I live in MD. I know they don't have NTRIP. How do I find RTN?

I ran into some public sharing site but I don't understand how it works.
As far as I'm aware, there is only one NTRIP network in Maryland. It is operated by keynet and uses Trimble's system. Their customers are mainly large scale construction. A subscription to their network is prohibitively expensive if you are not a large construction corporation.

There are no other free publicly available NTRIP networks in Maryland I know of. The only thing you can do within reason is get your own base.

I use South Carolina's RTN in work (SC Registered Land Surveyor) . We've been using it about 8 yrs. It's not that expensive, $50/month but it's paid yearly. You can check with your state agencies like the highway department or state geodetic agency. Some states have their RTN free using their highway departments.

If your familiar with GNSS surveying, you can use a local base receiver and forward data to the controller. There's tons of receivers out there, but EMLID has pretty much been the leader for amateur and professional photogrammetrists using UAV's.
Dave on the forum here is the expert using EMLID receivers, it's very easy if you understand the process of GNSS use. I'm sure he'll see this as he's helped a lot of people here

Just search EMLID RTN

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58