Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II Pro controller just crapped out!

Leftyjeb

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a part-107 in the Boston area and I've been very happy with my switch to Autel (bought the Evo II Pro Rugged bundle and LiveDeck from B&H Photo in October). Yesterday, I went to charge the batteries (inc. remote, which was charged to 38% at the time). I glanced at the charging progress after 15 minutes or so and the remote's battery level was at 0%. I was charging it through the Evo charger's USB port. I've tried numerous power sources and mini-USB cables - 0%. The power button is blinking green. I'm pretty frustrated as this unit is so new.

I did manage to open a ticket via Autel's customer support email, but haven't heard anything else from them so far.

Has this been an issue with other people? Any solutions Im just not seeing (some sort of battery reset or something?).

I have two jobs coming up and it's going to be a terrible look if I have to cancel/postpone because of equipment failure (that happened in my kitchen!)

Thanks.

**Update: I tried charging it via a USB power bank to see if that made a difference. The power bank went from 100% to 44%, but the controller remains at 0%. Whaaaat?

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm a part-107 in the Boston area and I've been very happy with my switch to Autel (bought the Evo II Pro Rugged bundle and LiveDeck from B&H Photo in October). Yesterday, I went to charge the batteries (inc. remote, which was charged to 38% at the time). I glanced at the charging progress after 15 minutes or so and the remote's battery level was at 0%. I was charging it through the Evo charger's USB port. I've tried numerous power sources and mini-USB cables - 0%. The power button is blinking green. I'm pretty frustrated as this unit is so new.

I did manage to open a ticket via Autel's customer support email, but haven't heard anything else from them so far.

Has this been an issue with other people? Any solutions Im just not seeing (some sort of battery reset or something?).

I have two jobs coming up and it's going to be a terrible look if I have to cancel/postpone because of equipment failure (that happened in my kitchen!)

Thanks.

**Update: I tried charging it via a USB power bank to see if that made a difference. The power bank went from 100% to 44%, but the controller remains at 0%. Whaaaat?
And what did Autel say when you contacted them?

And what did Autel say when you contacted them?
They had me open a ticket, send a video, proof of purchase. I did all this and it’s been radio silence since (11 days now?). I’ve sent a few emails and haven’t heard anything back.

Time for a discounted smart controller ?
Radio silence is what Autel has been good at lately, I've been waiting on a follow through with a warranty issue also, not a happy camper, they use to be very responsive, good luck!!

I thought this problem was a well known one, happened after one of the updates, sorry but I dont know what the outcome was, just live with it as far as I recall it was actually at full charge, just the display... I think... Ta

I finally got Autel to take it in (they were apologetic about what ended up being a 1-month wait).

It wasn’t functional. I ended up buying another remote while waiting for the warranty repair.

I bought a 8K while waiting for my new 6K warranty - you got off easy! lol.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg