Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO-II PRO Camera/CODEC specs?

I ordered this laptop last night, so I could play better with video editing and processing. It's an ugly PC that looks like it's 2010, but will get the job done.

I am currently using my loyal friend for the last 6 years. She is old, but still holds her own.

Reactions: mreloc
Nice new laptop. Keep that sucker plugged in!! Wonder how you found such a nice rig lol. :p
Looks like it's gonna be a beast. ?

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
Yeah, I hear you. I'm running DaVinci resolve studio on proper hardware on Redhat 8 (dev license) and everything about my setup revolves around making sure it handles high bitrate 10bit h265.
I misspoke saying that I couldn't find any 10-bit format that played smoothly on my PC. Actually, the "GoPro CineForm YUV 10-bit" .avi file plays well in VLC Media Player on my system. Can you make any recommendations?

Nice new laptop. Keep that sucker plugged in!! Wonder how you found such a nice rig lol. :p
Looks like it's gonna be a beast. ?
Some guy who lives down in California recommended it to me. I don't know if it will be any good, since I don't have it, but it's more of a portable desktop, than a laptop. Battery wont last an hour at full power. ?

Reactions: Tufargon
Has there been any response yet from Autel on the 8bit/10bit situation?
Nothing official. There was a post here that they would come out with a statement but not monday (and they meant last monday) and nothing since then. They went silent again.

Reactions: parkgt
Last edited:
Rember, that 10 bit files are to watch on 10 bit panels.
I can definitely see the difference between 8-bit and 10-bit produced videos on my 10-bit (8-bit + FRC) monitor.

For those of you, like me, who didn't know, FRC is frame rate control. It's a process of rapidly dithering a pixel between 2 adjacent colors to display a color that would be impossible for an 8-bit monitor to display. For example, "if the pixel is supposed to display shade 401, but the panel can only produce 400 and 404, what you do is rapidly shift the pixel between 400 and 404. You show 400 75% of the time, and 404 25% of the time (hence the F in FRC - frequency). This produces the illusion of the pixel showing shade 401." [from True 10bit vs 8bit+FRC]

There must be more to it than this. Because, I viewed some 10-bit videos on my 8-bit monitor (6-bit + FRC) to see if the color banding returns. No noticeable banding. I'm thinking that some video editors also have tricks to smooth out the color banding. For example, perhaps they add pixel level color texture to a smooth color gradation scene to create the illusion of more colors. I'm just guessing here. Does anyone out there have real information about this?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE