Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Pro 6K Test Footage at 4K and 60 FPS

GeekOnTheWing

Reaction score
Website
flypart107.aero
I took a break from practicing today to re-shoot some footage, but this time at 60 FPS to see how much it reduced the judder. I intentionally flew in ways intended to produce jittery footage.

EDIT: Not using Muse.ai anymore. The Vimeo version is embedded in a later post.

Last edited:
I took a break from practicing today to re-shoot some footage, but this time at 60 FPS to see how much it reduced the judder. I intentionally flew in ways intended to produce jittery footage.

I think the camera performed admirably. The higher-resolution versions are still processing as I'm posting this, but my original is judder-free.

I'm also testing Muse.ai as a possible replacement for Vimeo; so if you notice any glitches related to the hosting, please let me know. I've noticed a few minor things here and there that aren't on my original, but I'm going to look again in the morning to give them time to finish the processing.
Just curious, what video card you have in your computer? How well does it handle 6k or 8k footage?
I had to get an AMD due to the Nvidia shortage. All the latest Nvidia cards have been bought out, mostly by bitcoin miners and scalpers. I wonder when they will be available again. I would like the 3080 Nvidia card. Scalpers have doubled the price.

Just curious, what video card you have in your computer? How well does it handle 6k or 8k footage?
I had to get an AMD due to the Nvidia shortage. All the latest Nvidia cards have been bought out, mostly by bitcoin miners and scalpers. I wonder when they will be available again. I would like the 3080 Nvidia card. Scalpers have doubled the price.
It's just a GTX 1660 (6GB). The processor (an i9-9900K) does most of the heavy lifting in Resolve Native Mode. I also have an HDMI dummy plug in the iGPU to make that available to the system.

Here's the Vimeo embed of that video. I think it provides a more accurate output.

I think that video took 11:24 to render. Resolve splits the duties up between the CPU (all cores maxed out), the 1660 (usually about 40 percent), and the iGPU (intermittent, possibly to calculate effects) in Native Mode. About the only time I use the Nvidia mode is when I'm using H.265, which is rare.

I haven't done any 8K with this machine, so I really can't answer that part.

It's just a GTX 1660 (6GB). The processor (an i9-9900K) does most of the heavy lifting in Resolve Native Mode. I also have an HDMI dummy plug in the iGPU to make that available to the system.

Here's the Vimeo embed of that video. I think it provides a more accurate output.

I think that video took 11:24 to render. Resolve splits the duties up between the CPU (all cores maxed out), the 1660 (usually about 40 percent), and the iGPU (intermittent, possibly to calculate effects) in Native Mode. About the only time I use the Nvidia mode is when I'm using H.265, which is rare.

I haven't done any 8K with this machine, so I really can't answer that part.
Wow! Looks much better on Vimeo. I really need to get out there and look for things to film with my Evo2 6k. I have the 8k as well, not just the camera. I wonder if it is really better for zooming in daylight situations? I'll have to do some comparing experiments. I'm so glad I got the 6k though. It really shines in low light conditions.

Hi Geek, interesting discussion. Here's what I saw on a 4K monitor, i7 computer with nVidia GTX 1070:
1. in Vimeo there was serious graining at 0:40 to 0:45 that was not present in muse.ai.
2. both had occasional hiccups (could be my internet speed)
3. apparent resolution drops significantly when moving rapidly
4. no 10-bit color at 60fps.
All that being said, for some action shots, 60fps looks better than 30fps. What I don't understand is why some people feel the need to shoot at 24fps. The stuttering (juddering) during camera or subject movement really annoys me.

Hi Geek, interesting discussion. Here's what I saw on a 4K monitor, i7 computer with nVidia GTX 1070:
1. in Vimeo there was serious graining at 0:40 to 0:45 that was not present in muse.ai.
2. both had occasional hiccups (could be my internet speed)
3. apparent resolution drops significantly when moving rapidly
4. no 10-bit color at 60fps.
All that being said, for some action shots, 60fps looks better than 30fps. What I don't understand is why some people feel the need to shoot at 24fps. The stuttering (juddering) during camera or subject movement really annoys me.

Thanks. The Muse.ai version does look better now than it did a couple of days ago. Maybe the processing took longer than usual.

Or maybe, as you suggested, it has to do with Internet speed. My rural cable provider recently juggled their offerings due to some sort of subsidy they received, and lowered my price to the closest of the new offerings. But that also lowered my speed from 125mbps to 100mbps. I didn't think it would make much difference, but maybe I was wrong. I'll call the cable company later and see if I can upgrade to 200mbps without an Act of Congress.

I do know that I haven't noticed any problems on the original finished video.

The 24fps thing apparently will start fistfights among some movie buffs, and cause others to refuse to watch a movie if it's shot at a higher frame rate. I found this article on the subject both interesting and slightly bizarre.

For my purposes, I think 2K at 60fps is the sweet spot.

Reactions: Rubik3x
The 24fps thing apparently will start fistfights among some movie buffs, and cause others to refuse to watch a movie if it's shot at a higher frame rate. I found this article on the subject both interesting and slightly bizarre.
I read the article and saw the comparison videos the linked. For me, having judder reminds me that this is just a movie. When it's realistically smooth, I get more immersed in the story; it seems more real to me. Actually, that's my whole goal with videos that I produce. I try to make them look as much as possible like the scenes looked when I was there shooting them.

Hi just a question, 4k 10bit what is its recording what's the chroma sampling 4.2.2 or 4.4.0 or ?...thanks

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN