Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II E w/ RTK General Questions

Well it finally happened and it was in manual flight and NTRIP toggled off. No drops during the actual mapping mission. The brave soldier finished it's last mission. Now to see how quickly Autel is willing to turn around a replacement. Fingers crossed that I can figure out some way to not lose a $4k golf course contract. 😒 I'm just glad it didn't happen on it.

View attachment 14133
wow, did the aircraft fail?
This is almost making me want to get the new Evo2 V2 RTK bundle over the enterprise... much easier to find parts I think.

hope the repair is fast

Reactions: elphtrooper
wow, did the aircraft fail?
This is almost making me want to get the new Evo2 V2 RTK bundle over the enterprise... much easier to find parts I think.

hope the repair is fast
Yes. You might have seen the previous posts but there is some kind of bug where the aircraft would drop 20-30ft during a mapping mission but it has always recovered. This time it just went sideways hit the ground and lost connection. Interesting thing was that it was still powered on when I got to it. To me that an ESC or a complete failure of some attitude adjustment algorithm. Something else that is in my mind is that this thing has way too much braking. I should have gone in and adjusted the exponentials. It has a weird powerband where it fairly consistently almost turns the motors off instead of compensating for conditions gradually.

Is there a V2 RTK model? We just purchased ours and they said that no straight RTK units were available and that was V1's.

Yes. You might have seen the previous posts but there is some kind of bug where the aircraft would drop 20-30ft during a mapping mission but it has always recovered. This time it just went sideways hit the ground and lost connection. Interesting thing was that it was still powered on when I got to it. To me that an ESC or a complete failure of some attitude adjustment algorithm. Something else that is in my mind is that this thing has way too much braking. I should have gone in and adjusted the exponentials. It has a weird powerband where it fairly consistently almost turns the motors off instead of compensating for conditions gradually.

Is there a V2 RTK model? We just purchased ours and they said that no straight RTK units were available and that was V1's.
Almost sounds like the IMU was starting to flake.

Yeah I am not sure, B&H says its coming..

and vertigo drones seems to indicate its coming in a month-ish

Almost sounds like the IMU was starting to flake.

Yeah I am not sure, B&H says its coming..

and vertigo drones seems to indicate its coming in a month-ish
Of course it does right after we bought the Enterprise. We've bought our last couple of drones from Vertigo. Good peeps!

Yes. They are being purchased in Europe already.

Sorry about your loss. You were a brave soul flying it after it kept dropping. I would have pulled the plug and sent it to somebody.

Yes. They are being purchased in Europe already.

Sorry about your loss. You were a brave soul flying it after it kept dropping. I would have pulled the plug and sent it to somebody.
Luckily most of the work the RTK drones do is on rural land so there's nothing to fall on but yeah I kind of knew I was pushing it. If we didn't have about $7k worth of contracts on the line I probably wouldn't have.

Reactions: jmason702
Are all of your other craft inop now or busy elsewhere?
We have a few others but only one has viable PPK for something like the golf course. It's an Emlid P4Pv2 and I don't know that I am very comfortable with it on a large high profile project like this. I could use the Yuneec H520 v1 with Emlid if I had to. The rest are effectively toys.

Reactions: Dave Pitman
lf I were closer, I'd spot you. Just picked up a P4 RTK (no base). Wanted to stay away from them, but negotiated a decent deal. I wanted to have a backup, and just not ready to put all the eggs in the Autel basket.

The replacement is on the way and will hopefully be here Monday. That should give me a couple of days to dial it in and still get to map the golf course the following Monday. :D Now I just need to get all my Emlid gear updated so I can run the local caster if needed.

We received the replacement aircraft on Monday and I now have 3 missions on it. Mostly positive but there are a couple of initial things that don't seem right.

• Establishing a fixed RTK condition has been tough but I think our data coverage has something to do with that. The activity seems like it could be the drone or settings for the GNSS because my Emlid rover connected and was fixed within 30 seconds. I sat for 10 minutes and I could see the deviations coming down but they never got better than 25-30cm and once it hit that floor it reported that I lost all beidou and galileo satellites. I rebooted the drone several times and even walked it around and never got a better result. We have had trouble with beidou in our area before with other GNSS as well so it would be nice to be able to turn it off.
  • Trying to map a corridor with a custom waypoint mission would keep resetting the altitude and wanted to use distance as the interval. I got it to a time interval and set 2 seconds but when I reopened the mission it was back to 197ft AGL and 5m distance. I can verify that it shot about 5m (about 4 seconds) so I stopped the mission and restarted it and I took manual shots in between its automated shots.

Attachments

• PXL_20220623_143022338.jpg
    PXL_20220623_143022338.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20220623_141924313.jpg
    PXL_20220623_141924313.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20220623_143054995.jpg
    PXL_20220623_143054995.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
so weird, I pick up a fix in less than 10 sec every time... I wonder what the difference is!

Just flew a first with the caster from my base at home. Fixed in a few minutes and maintained it during the entire flight. I did receive a hot battery warning which is the first I have seen even though I flew the other day at 100F and this late afternoon it was only 91F and the drone did n't sit in the sun for near as long. I looked at the temp and it said 110-115F while I watched it. Anyone have a max spec?

Reactions: jmason702
last summer I had a few batteries overheat warnings, weather was around 105 degrees, not sure how hot the battery got

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58