Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II E w/ RTK General Questions

elphtrooper

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to plan a corridor mapping flight? Normally done by importing a KML centerline and then offsets are automatically created according to altitude and overlap requirements.

Reactions: jmason702 and yarrr
Changed the title a bit because I have more questions after a semi-successful 3rd flight with the baby.

1. What do you think about the attitude of the drone in turns when mapping? The Yuneec had the same issue that I am noticing where the drone plays ping-pong try to hit the turn waypoint way more accurately than it needs to. Yuneec changed a parameter which allowed the drone to drift instead of stop and buck...
  2. RTK NTRIP disconnects every time you restart the drone. NTRIP values and connection should be RC based. Detail, we use a custom network. Has anyone else noticed this?
  3. I have had 3-4 instances now where the drone gets a little erratic and drops about 20ft abruptly. I am temporarily attributing it to wind gusts but tomorrow is supposed to be better so fingers crossed.
  4. How do you delete a mapping perimeter vertex (point)?
  5. Mapping shutter interval. Every flight flown so far has been triggering of 1-1.5s when preferably it should be closer to 2-2.5s even though I typically slow the drone done 2mph slower than it has calculated. What can I do to achieve 2 seconds?
That's it for now. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: jmason702
Mine is EVO RTK

1- drone does stop and turn but mine doesn't take long at all to do so, I will try to screen record this when I have a chance to see if it's the same as an enterprise.
2- Yes RTK disconnects when doing battery swap, you are correct, why?
3- I have never experienced a drop in altitude with the RTK version.
4- Not sure what you mean there? if you're talking about the last option in mapping mode, you can turn that off...
5- I haven't noticed this on my drone, not to say it is not, just haven't paid attention, you may be able to put overlap front overlap to 0, and put camera mode to shoot every 2 sec. just thinking off top of my head.
or reduce front overlap

Mine is EVO RTK

1- drone does stop and turn but mine doesn't take long at all to do so, I will try to screen record this when I have a chance to see if it's the same as an enterprise.
2- Yes RTK disconnects when doing battery swap, you are correct, why?
3- I have never experienced a drop in altitude with the RTK version.
4- Not sure what you mean there? if you're talking about the last option in mapping mode, you can turn that off...
5- I haven't noticed this on my drone, not to say it is not, just haven't paid attention, you may be able to put overlap front overlap to 0, and put camera mode to shoot every 2 sec. just thinking off top of my head.
or reduce front overlap
  1. It's not that it really takes that long but depending on the condition of the satellites on that day some are worse than others and if it is windy it might start bucking. If they could release that tolerance a little it would breeze right through them. It would be even better if they could simulate the rotation that DroneDeploy uses.
  2. I understand that RTK will disconnect but the NTRIP connection on the RC shouldn't.
  3. Thanks.
  4. If you add more points than you need or accidentally click on a + sign you can't click on them to remove them.
  5. Overlap doesn't seem to affect it but setting a hard interval would be perfect. It can be troublesome on windy days but that's not typical.
  6. One more I just thought of that is actually what started this thread... Best method to do a road (corridor) flight? My next guess is to use cad to create offsets from the CL and join them to make one long KML and then figure out how to get the camera settings right.

Map Pilot Pro works with EVO
2- yes I agree, it should not disconnect being it's to the RC

Attachments

• map pilot pro.jpg
    map pilot pro.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: elphtrooper
Would Linear fall under this category? (corridor)

Also Map Pilot Pro is for Apple only, so you would need a regular remote and an Apple Tablet

Map Pilot Pro works with EVO
2- yes I agree, it should not disconnect being it's to the RC
So $150/yr to gain terrain following and corridor... if that's what linear is. Kind of a no brainer for us. It would be interesting to see how it holds the attitude of the drone. I'll check on a demo.

So $150/yr to gain terrain following and corridor... if that's what linear is. Kind of a no brainer for us. It would be interesting to see how it holds the attitude of the drone. I'll check on a demo.
I have the base package, but don't use it much due to I have not needed a corridor or terrain to follow, being where I live it's pretty flat until you hit the mountains
the few times I did use it, it seemed to work well...

I have the base package, but don't use it much due to I have not needed a corridor or terrain to follow, being where I live it's pretty flat until you hit the mountains
the few times I did use it, it seemed to work well...
I guess that means I need a standard controller right?

I'm sure you already have IOS tablets, so a regular V2 controller should not cost much
Everything I'm on is V1, i prolly got 3 controllers I don't even use, but won't help with the V2

1. Yes, Autel's execution of turns is not good. They are aware of the issue (since at least August 2021) and have said it will be fixed but so far, nothing. Nothing the user can do about it.

2. Perhaps it drops the NTRIP connection because the gnss receiver in the drone goes off line. The internet connection is still there, but the rover is actually missing. Just spit balling because I don't have anything else to compare it to. Michael, on your other gear, does the NTRIP stay active if you power off the gnss receiver?

Map Pilot supports the Evo in a limited way. Last time I checked, MP did not recognize the Ent. model. This may have changed in a new FW that I have not installed.

1. Yes, Autel's execution of turns is not good. They are aware of the issue (since at least August 2021) and have said it will be fixed but so far, nothing. Nothing the user can do about it.

2. Perhaps it drops the NTRIP connection because the gnss receiver in the drone goes off line. The internet connection is still there, but the rover is actually missing. Just spit balling because I don't have anything else to compare it to. Michael, on your other gear, does the NTRIP stay active if you power off the gnss receiver?

Map Pilot supports the Evo in a limited way. Last time I checked, MP did not recognize the Ent. model. This may have changed in a new FW that I have not installed.
Thanks Dave

Reactions: Dave Pitman

Number 1 is not fixable. Will never be. Hardware does not support this type of programming.
So...forget about smooth turns like DJI have.

Number 1 is not fixable. Will never be. Hardware does not support this type of programming.

I have seen that stated before. But no one has ever produced any facts to back it up. Only what "they think".
Since I do not know the details about the code stack used in the Evo2, I don't know. If you have any data to share that can be verified, please do.

Reactions: RkamilC
How does DroneDeploy do it? We've been running it for 7 years and 3 year's ago they changed to a completely different orientation and it is beyond any other that I have used in that time. I am trying to explain that it is an issue with how the aircraft approaches the target and the tolerance of the contact. It's not just the Evo II but it can be overcome on RTK for sure.

Scary s*** from today. Proof of the drop again. It has happened twice on one project, once on 2 projects and none on one. It was not gusty today. Someone needs to get this in front of them asap before people start dropping drones.

Danger Zone

• Wow
Reactions: agrofactory

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller