Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II E w/ RTK General Questions

WOW, another guy I was helping with getting his enterprise set up had this happen also! (Dropping altitude like falling...) Please contact Autel about this, and If you would like, I can see if my guy has any V1 RTK units left... If you want to send yours back, let me know

Last edited:
Reactions: elphtrooper
WOW, another guy I was helping with getting his enterprise set up had this happen also! (Dropping altitude like falling...) Please contact Autel about this, and If you would like, I can see if my guy has any V1 RTK units left... If you want to send yours back, let me know
That might be an option if we don't get any response. Appreciate it! I am having a hard time remembering over the shots of adrenaline but I think these are happening very close to turns... Still haven't heard back from [email protected] so I guess I will try to call again.

Joe with Vertigo stepped up and got me a good connection. Standing by.

Reactions: jmason702
Scary s*** from today. Proof of the drop again. It has happened twice on one project, once on 2 projects and none on one. It was not gusty today. Someone needs to get this in front of them asap before people start dropping drones.

Danger Zone
That is strange...you are connected to RTK ground base or just fly GPS only?

I have seen that stated before. But no one has ever produced any facts to back it up. Only what "they think".
Since I do not know the details about the code stack used in the Evo2, I don't know. If you have any data to share that can be verified, please do.
The drone have 2 chipsets for control and flight. Unfortunately the chipsets are not capable to calculate and produce a curved line, the language used for programming does not allow to make it.
Is old story, not fixable.

NTRIP VRS RTK
Strange...you should not have that...you have a good SD card in order to eliminate the possibility of delays by slow writing on card?
Also did you checked the cell signal in order to have access to NTRIP properly? Does CORS works?

This is true in the same way as the earth is flat. Still lacking facts.
You understand an orbit basically involves a commanded autonomous curved turn around a waypoint.

Cite your source or stop the misinformation. The last guy that was on here saying thay finally disapeared without ever providing any proof.

Last edited:
The drone have 2 chipsets for control and flight. Unfortunately the chipsets are not capable to calculate and produce a curved line, the language used for programming does not allow to make it.
  • I think you really need to cite some sources. Nothing you have said about the drone programming reflects what has happened in the field for the last 7 years or the beta testing I have done across 4 different manufacturers. I have a $99 Tello drone that can be coded to do a drift. That's about the end of it.
  • NTRIP is a protocol that connects you to a CORS network. That's pretty basic.
  • SD Card works in every other drone we have. The clue is that the shutter timing is off and I cannot find a way to help the algorithm determine better intervals/spacing and it continues to run a 1.2s interval. There are only a few bobbles so it is very close to card max spec. If I could get it to 1.6s we would be dialed.

Not a clue on how flight controllers work. If you've got a compass, an RTK receiver and an IMU you are already triangulated and can code any action that a drone can perform. It depends on the vision of the Engineer to what level they are actually going to consider satisfactory for the customer. I doubt most Engineers are seasoned pilots so that's where we are. Even after Joe V made contact to a higher-up at Autel support yesterday I still have not heard back so that's your sign of what their priority is making the product better after the initial release. What they don't realize is that the owner's of my company will come after a manufacturer/ supplier that is negligent. Point blank I cannot fly this drone or I am negligent knowing the dangers it poses. All this other stuff is minutia for the sake of progress but the sudden drop of the aircraft that has now occurred 4 times in 7 flights is unacceptable. Last but not least the tolerance of the proximity to there technical waypoint needs to be loosened.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmason702
This is true in the same way as the earth is flat. Still lacking facts.
You understand an orbit basically involves a commanded autonomous curved turn around a waypoint.

Cite your source or stop the misinformation. The last guy that was on here saying thay finally disapeared without ever providing any proof.
Talk with Blade, will give you the confirmation you need.
Do you think that was not wanted by Autel, as a lot of us demanded the way points in curves? Also we asked not to stop a lot of time at changing directions in mission...
So... Is a simple info I have shared with you, you can take it or find your own answers that will satisfy you.
Cheers.

Talk with Blade, will give you the confirmation you need.
Do you think that was not wanted by Autel, as a lot of us demanded the way points in curves? Also we asked not to stop a lot of time at changing directions in mission...
So... Is a simple info I have shared with you, you can take it or find your own answers that will satisfy you.
Cheers.

I've had a lot of conversations with "Blade" (Ken) and he has never indicated that the Autel code base does not support curved turns. So, you have made assumptions rather than basing your thoughts on facts. There is a lot of that these days, unfortunately.

Reactions: curd1
Here's today.

1. Another drop. This one didn't get dangerous, just came down 20-30ft while staying on path. Pictures were ok.
  2. At least 2-3 seconds on approximately half of the turns. CLARIFY, there are two turns for every lanes...
  3. There needs to be a waypoint calculated on lanes long than 1000ft. Having to go back to the last major waypoint is wasteful and combined with the poor turning procedure wastes at least 2 minutes of battery consistently.
  4. Unable to resume mission. Uploading hangs. Had to do various iterations of systems reboots but I did get it solid again. Another 15 minutes wasted there.
  5. NTRIP disconnection is stupid because a multi-battery mission try to resume before the NTRIP can be manually reconnected and can potentially try to take off without a fix even though it's not supposed to. The connection authentication is in the data collector, not the drone!
  6. Shutter interval is ridiculous at every second. it doesn't matter what overlap or speed I manually put in. I did 70% front lap which is out of our specs and at 7 mph and it still shot less than two seconds.

Bottom line is that I shouldn't be flying the drone in the state it is in. So far it has caught itself but that can't last forever. Then I am negligent. I am finally in direct contact with

1652464086302.png

Last edited:
Also just realized that it took almost exactly twice as many photos as normal which is definitely a 1sec shutter. Overlaps are probably around 90%... 😒

Here's today.

1. Another drop. This one didn't get dangerous, just came down 20-30ft while staying on path. Pictures were ok.
  2. At least 2-3 seconds on approximately half of the turns. CLARIFY, there are two turns for every lanes...
  3. There needs to be a waypoint calculated on lanes long than 1000ft. Having to go back to the last major waypoint is wasteful and combined with the poor turning procedure wastes at least 2 minutes of battery consistently.
  4. Unable to resume mission. Uploading hangs. Had to do various iterations of systems reboots but I did get it solid again. Another 15 minutes wasted there.
  5. NTRIP disconnection is stupid because a multi-battery mission try to resume before the NTRIP can be manually reconnected and can potentially try to take off without a fix even though it's not supposed to. The connection authentication is in the data collector, not the drone!
  6. Shutter interval is ridiculous at every second. it doesn't matter what overlap or speed I manually put in. I did 70% front lap which is out of our specs and at 7 mph and it still shot less than two seconds.

Bottom line is that I shouldn't be flying the drone in the state it is in. So far it has caught itself but that can't last forever. Then I am negligent. I am finally in direct contact with

View attachment 14019
WOW, have you considered a replacement? Will your seller replace the drone if need be?

These things you are experiencing are a Lil out of the norm, I know there are some bugs left but damn...

• Wow

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller