Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Battery removal

REC

Reaction score
my batteries are difficult to remove to rhe point thet I feel like it could break something. Is there a trick or will it get easier with use?
Thanks for any input

Welcome to the forums.

Check your batteries that they are not swollen when you try to remove them. They are a bit hard to remove, but that is to make sure they stay snugged in the drone and wont fall off, but not that hard to struggle.

my batteries are difficult to remove to the point that I feel like it could break something. Is there a trick or will it get easier with use?
Thanks for any input

You aren't alone. Indeed they are very difficult to remove and you will see Autel 'Caution' statements that advise the pilot not to place the drone on a flat surface and press down with force to unlatch the battery as you could damage the motor arms. I grab my drone body from the underside, kinda brace my arm against my legs where I am not putting any stress on any part of the drone and then apply the appropriate 'muscle' to unlatch the battery. I do try to be as gentle as possible because in my assessment of the procedure a violent jarring of the camera/gimbal unit occurs and I'd prefer not to damage that as its the lifeblood of the entire system. Surely its not really designed to experience the sudden jarring as if it just encountered the force of a crash. I guess you could install the gimbal cover before swapping out batteries but that in itself is a minor pain.

Welcome to the forums and the EVO world.

Thank you
I put the cover on for that reason cause it seems fragile. Does it get easier as it get worn in or anything?
Do you think it would be a good idea to use a 2x4 turned on its side underneath it?

I just looked over my drone with the gimbal cover in place as it relates to your suggestion about the 2x4. My gimbal cover protrudes about 1/16" beyond the flat surface of the underbody. Therefore resting the drone body on a flat 2x4 when removing the battery might take a chance of the unit slipping across the wood and striking the gimbal cover, perhaps causing another possibility of damage. In addition you have the dual sonar sensors and dual camera lenses on the underside that you wouldn't want anything to damage them like a splinter of wood or get them dirty where their efficiency would be compromised.

I think I too will install the gimbal cover each time when removing the batteries. I just cringe every time it gets that jolt when the battery finally releases. Adding the cover is a minor annoyance I guess compared to a trip to the Autel repair shop and the delay that would involve. I like to pamper my gear.

you are right I dont want to break it. might be an improvement they could make in the future

The battery removal is for very strong hands only

many times i slip my grip and my hand goes flying and i hit the wall

it could use a design change but it locks extremely well...releasing it is a whole other story...it should not need such pressure to unlock

EVO REMOVAL ???
There is nothing simpler and without damaging the Evo.
Who has never sucked ice with a wooden stick ???
He can serve everything. Mix your coffee, mix resin
or paint, clean your teeth (yes, I know, you have to have big teeth) ...........
BUT it can remove the battery of the Evo without shaking it like a plum tree and without damaging anything.

Find a stick. If you can not find one, rack up a kid on the street ....
Baton de Ski.jpg
Cut the end (the one of the stick) in bevel ....

And follow the next picture, nothing really good.
20191112_182607.jpg

So, always have a stick in your bag (or your kid).

An idea of French-MacGyver. 2913501915.gif

Just bought the drone and having the same problem. I put a tiny amount of oil on the little slide clips and it does help

EVO REMOVAL ???
There is nothing simpler and without damaging the Evo.
Who has never sucked ice with a wooden stick ???
He can serve everything. Mix your coffee, mix resin
or paint, clean your teeth (yes, I know, you have to have big teeth) ...........
BUT it can remove the battery of the Evo without shaking it like a plum tree and without damaging anything.

Find a stick. If you can not find one, rack up a kid on the street ....
View attachment 5545
Cut the end (the one of the stick) in bevel ....

And follow the next picture, nothing really good.
View attachment 5547

So, always have a stick in your bag (or your kid).

An idea of French-MacGyver. View attachment 5548
I am sure it is simple to you but I am not clear on -2.push baton.
Thanks for any clarity you can give me. When I look there I just see the side of the drone

Okay. Since not many people have a wooden stick with themselves, but everyone has a 3D printer at home, I've prepared something for you.
Do not use your shoehorn, it is too big!
Capture 2.JPG

Reactions: AndyUrtu
thank you Agustine.
After AhAh.jpg you put me pouce.jpg............. You have a mind changing anyway!

Well it really don't matter to me as I have no EVO. The X-Star batteries remove no problem for me but I am glad you are trying to help out others that are having some trouble.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain