Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO and the Crystal Sky

ETC

Reaction score
Recently I purchase a 5.5 crystal sky and installed several much needed apps. It comes with DJI Go installed so I just had to add Litchi. EVO Explorer and weather apps. Now Litchi has to be purchased from Amazon even if you already have a android version you paid for the Amazon app is the only one that will work. Next the Explorer which is free and installed fine however the maps don't work. The work around is to install google play services which does not work on the CS and tosses an occasional error that it stopped working however it does not crash the unit or interfere and the google maps now work great. All these app are installed by first downloading the APK files to a usb stick or card then run the install with the CS, I use the CS with the DJI drones and EVO and it's perfect in bright sun and the apps work flawlessly. I also modified the EVO controller so I can insert the CS in the handles like the DJI controllers. The CS is installed on a 3D printed adapter which I got off Thingyverse.

Reactions: parkgt
Would be interesting to see your CS mounting between the handles. (Picture)

I have the 7" CS and I downloaded the Litchi and still can't make the maps to show up. Obviously you are a more technical guy that I am but it will be great if you make a detailed (for Dummies) explanation of all your settings. I have my CS connected to my phone via WiFi and the Litchi app installed and for what I rear this app only works on DJI drones. So I guess I am missing something here.
Thanks

I had no problems with litchi only the Explorer app as it wants to use the Chinese maps. You have to load the google services pkg and google play pkg. Then in the autel app change the map type to google maps.
Also Litchi only works with DJI drones and is an upgrade software over the DJI Go app.

I had no problems with litchi only the Explorer app as it wants to use the Chinese maps. You have to load the google services pkg and google play pkg. Then in the autel app change the map type to google maps.
Also Litchi only works with DJI drones and is an upgrade software over the DJI Go app.

I am not sure but I think he does not understand how to side load Apps. Perhaps a more detailed tutorial will help him out. Are these the files he will need to side load?

• google-play-services-11-7-44-032-173432861.apk
  • Play Services Info_v0.7_apkpure.com.apk
  • Google Play Store_v8.3.75.U-all [0] [FP] 173942022_apkpure.com.apk
  • Maps Navigation Transport_v9.64.1_apkpure.com.apk - this is google maps

Yes those are the apps and what is needed is to download the apk files on your PC and save them to a USB drive or SC card. Insert the drive into your CS and browse to the device then click on each file to install them. Once done go into the setting in the Explorer app and change the map type to google.

Here is one way to install the explorer app. do the same for the google files. You will get occasional errors related to the google play services stopping but it's nothing more than an annoyance.

20200323_173054[1].jpgWell, definitively a pain with not many results.
First; I think I downloaded all the apps as listed by Augustine (thank you)
I switched in the Autel Explorer to use the Google Services (for a while can't do it) and now the Autel APP does not work. All commands on the screen are disabled.
I will do a factory reset and try to start over.
Very disappointed with my choice with the CrystalSky; the image is really good but no maps. PITA
Thank you all for your suggestions.
I am not a kid (sadly) and these problems frustrate me.

20200323_173054[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20200323_173115[1].jpg
    20200323_173115[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
  • 20200323_173150[1].jpg
    20200323_173150[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Here is a video of my setup and mount -

I wonder if maybe you have to just reinstall Explorer? I installed google services, then google play and I also believe I did reinstall explore which ran an upgrade.
Please change your video's settings from Private to Unlisted. We can't watch it otherwise.

Hello again.
I have just been doing something terribly wrong because I can't make my CrystalSky with Google maps.
Once I install Google Services Autel Explorer freezes up in the Camera screen and the touch display becomes useless.
If I remove Play services Autel Explorer works but I can't switch to Google maps.
I see that there is another APP called Play Services info but I can't find it and I wonder if that APP could be relevant to my problem? It is Plays Services Info?

Attachments

• 20200325_152911[1].jpg
    20200325_152911[1].jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
I can't do anything with apkmirror.com.
trying to download it and brings me in a loop with many advertisements, but I can't download it anywhere
I installed the Google Play Store and does me allow to sign in.
This android version in CrystalSky sucks.
I can't find anywhere how to install maps to work with EVO.
Even Sargent Drone (I keep demoting him because he is a liar) can't figure it out

OK after running the setup here is the good and bad. First the Explorer app works just fine but the play services pretty much cripple the unit as it slows it down and the error keep popping up while flying so you have to stop and clear the error. i removed google play services and the store and will just live without the maps. Its better to get rid of the maps and have a fully functioning monitor. Maybe the next update will allow google play but I wouldn't bet on it.

Reactions: PingSpike
Do you have a link to that holder on Thingiverse you got to hold your CS? That is exactly what I am looking for...That, or something similar to that to hold a small tablet to my control handles/arms on my Evo controller. I posted that question looking for suggestions on some of the facebook groups, but nobody read my question. Everybody posted links to a tablet grabber thing or the Lifthor mount to hold it to the phone holder, not to the handles. Thanks!

Great thread, anyone tried mounting a 7.85 CrystalSky?

I was looking at the FlyHighUSA mount but the USD$110 shipping cost to the UK kinda put me off a bit!

Reactions: Tymur and PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo