Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

evo and phone info

bjtap

Reaction score
I wish to buy an android phone JUST for the evo. What are the ramifications of not having a regular cell hookup. Do I lose the maps? Will the directional arrow be available? Please let me know what I would be missing with no data plan.
Also, what is the largest size phone I can use without an adapter?
Finally, I seek your opinion: Would you personally go with a non-hooked up phone or go with an adapter for a tablet.
Thanks,
Barry

I wish to buy an android phone JUST for the evo. What are the ramifications of not having a regular cell hookup. Do I lose the maps? Will the directional arrow be available? Please let me know what I would be missing with no data plan.
Also, what is the largest size phone I can use without an adapter?
Finally, I seek your opinion: Would you personally go with a non-hooked up phone or go with an adapter for a tablet.
Thanks,
Barry

Using Google Maps you can download a map area defined by you prior to going droning. In the field, the EVO will use your map just as if you were online.

I have a dedicated phone wifi only non cellular that I use. Picked up a Huawai Elate for $60 at Best Buy for Cricket Wireless and didn't activate it. Nice size, good display, and runs pretty much the latest Android. The only thing I have on it besides the Google bloatware is the Autel app and a couple of music apps like Tune In and Pandora (I use it as a music device when I work out at the YMCA). I use it for nothing else and it works great. I would like to find a decent tablet adapter that would work with my 7" tablet however as I found yesterday trying to frame my shot on a cloudy overcast day in a snow covered field without much contrast I wasn't able to see much on the small screen and had a difficult time seeing where I was.

I have a dedicated phone wifi only non cellular that I use. Picked up a Huawai Elate for $60 at Best Buy for Cricket Wireless and didn't activate it. Nice size, good display, and runs pretty much the latest Android. The only thing I have on it besides the Google bloatware is the Autel app and a couple of music apps like Tune In and Pandora (I use it as a music device when I work out at the YMCA). I use it for nothing else and it works great. I would like to find a decent tablet adapter that would work with my 7" tablet however as I found yesterday trying to frame my shot on a cloudy overcast day in a snow covered field without much contrast I wasn't able to see much on the small screen and had a difficult time seeing where I was.
Check out the thread below. Also this one. And even this one.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raeveren