Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Smart Contoller

Jean

Reaction score
Someone knows when the Smart controller will be available in USA & Europe. I saw yesterday on autelpilot.com it is available on pre-order and delivery April mid.
Oulala Quit expensive $1300 ! ! ! There is some photos available and it does not look like the one made for the Dragonfish. What i do understand is the delivery is free fro USA And 100 Bucks for Europe...

Someone knows when the Smart controller will be available in USA & Europe. I saw yesterday on autelpilot.com it is available on pre-order and delivery April mid.
Oulala Quit expensive $1300 ! ! ! There is some photos available and it does not look like the one made for the Dragonfish. What i do understand is the delivery is free fro USA And 100 Bucks for Europe...
Where are you from?
anyway there is a post about it, in EVO II DISCUSSION

Reactions: PingSpike
I'm from France ! Yes but on Autelpilot.com you can see the smart controller and coming from south of China...

I wanted one, but NOW I DON'T. You can make arguments both ways, for or against! I can afford it, but cannot justify the $1299 cost. Just too much!
Plus, I would have to see many reviews on this product and a price reduction, before I'd SHELL out that much MOOLAH!

Reactions: BradM75

pre-order her for $1,199

I think my limit is $1,000. I might reconsider if it proves to perform really well.

I wanted one, but NOW I DON'T. You can make arguments both ways, for or against! I can afford it, but cannot justify the $1299 cost. Just too much!
Plus, I would have to see many reviews on this product and a price reduction, before I'd SHELL out that much MOOLAH!
I will be buying one when it is released and reviewing it and using it and praying it feels better than the DJI smart controller and that clumsy controller that comes with it. That controller along with the Autel Explorer app is hardly ideal just a very clumsy flying experience to me at least. That app needs to be gone over BIG time too it is super buggy and no settings seem to ever stick I feel like I am always wasting so much energy getting my settings dialed every flight.

Reactions: Theborg
Was that controller not suppose to be part of the already high price of the EVO 2 Pro ?
Since when do we accept a new car with no wheels.
First they miss placed the controls and made Jerky Movements and now want to further rip us off.
**--** Were we not ripped off and short changed with batteries stating 40 min and its only good for 32 minus 6 min for RTH = 26 minutes actual flying time, if you go into the menu to make changes then its further reduced to 23 to 24 minutes !
*--* We needed 6 to 7 1/2 hour run time at least, what good is this smart controller without proper Hood !
* * * For video production we need 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 miles per hour speed selectable with smoother camera delayed gradual movements at the beginning and end selectable by the user 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and by 8 seconds.
* * Where have Autel Engineers being drinking, Fire them all and hire some of the smart DJI engineers for once !

* * * *Please don't cover up for Autel failure to properly design their drone along with a Smart Controller as it should have been part of the drone from the very beginning, unless of course you get paid to cover -up !
Don't fall for Autel tricks or we all will be ripped off over and over again..

***--*** What will a smart controller do if the drone is not smartly designed either !
Don't forget the same dumb engineers designed that Jerky Fast Movements into the drone, had No clue about Video taping needs at all ! !
Placing buttons in the wrong places causing further issues in getting simple video shots.
The newer update 2.6.22 still not working. ( Gimbel not ready constantly )
We are the field lab for Autel ! !

Attachments

• DSC_6210 Sm.jpg
    DSC_6210 Sm.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC_6507 Sm.jpg
    DSC_6507 Sm.jpg
    658.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Honestly it looks like a great tool; fast processor, super bright etc. I'm just not going to take a chance at that price. If it proves to be as great as it could be, it will sell well and we'll see great reviews. At $800 I would have been an early adopter.

pre-order her for $1,199

I think my limit is $1,000. I might reconsider if it proves to perform really well.
I can't stand the Android based thing at all like DJI's too. Just bleh. I am not sure about others, but this Autel thing is new to me and their app seems awfully unstable and buggy in the few weeks I have been flying mine. Many times the buttons aren't responsive when I hit them for example and then BAM...they work again. Settings revert back and don't save which is a real time waster. They really need to come out with an entirely new simple app like the Fly app where you can have multiple custom modes like Tripod, Normal and Sport....it is such a pain to adjust every setting constantly for how you need to shoot and fly. 40 minutes of battery feels like 20 is wasted on farting around with settings.

Reactions: Theborg and Cosimo
While I prefer iOS devices, I'm planning to get one. Here's why. I'm currently using an iPhone 6 Plus, which is about the biggest device that fits into the controller.

If I were to get a Tripltek @ $700 (round numbers), a Lifthormnount @ $150..and a different case so that the controller now with the Lifthor fits into the case...I'd be around $1000. Another couple hundred is worth it to me to have an all-in-one solution and keep my standard controller as back up.

I was excited about the smart controller. Very excited. When I saw the pre-order price of $1199, it just crushed me. Oh well. Things work just fine with the current controller and my phone. The controller isn't worth the cost of the aircraft. I'm sorry, it just isn't...unless someone else is paying for it.

Reactions: Coady
While I prefer iOS devices, I'm planning to get one. Here's why. I'm currently using an iPhone 6 Plus, which is about the biggest device that fits into the controller.

If I were to get a Tripltek @ $700 (round numbers), a Lifthormnount @ $150..and a different case so that the controller now with the Lifthor fits into the case...I'd be around $1000. Another couple hundred is worth it to me to have an all-in-one solution and keep my standard controller as back up.
I agree Matt,

After adding all the accessories to my stock Evo 2 controller, The Lifthor mount, iPad and Alientech booster. The Smart Controller price looks very attractive, and probably much lighter.

Price wise, after one adds all the extra accessories it’s about the same price as getting a Smart Controller. Only the Smart Controller will probably be much lighter, I’m looking very forward to switching over to a Smart Controller.

Paul

I agree Matt,

After adding all the accessories to my stock Evo 2 controller, The Lifthor mount, iPad and Alientech booster. The Smart Controller price looks very attractive, and probably much lighter.

Price wise, after one adds all the extra accessories it’s about the same price as getting a Smart Controller. Only the Smart Controller will probably be much lighter, I’m looking very forward to switching over to a Smart Controller.

Paul
One other thing.....apparently the new Smart Controller also has an HDMI out. This could allow us to set up a second monitor without the Live Deck.

Just spoke to the dealer where I pre ordered from and it seems it will be released in mid -late May and the authorized dealer price $1199

Just spoke to the dealer where I pre ordered from and it seems it will be released in mid -late May and the authorized dealer price $1199
Me too. My only concern, and apparently there are some changes from the prototypes and the versions released. I'm wondering if the rear "stand" folds...will it fit in the case....?

Me too. My only concern, and apparently there are some changes from the prototypes and the versions released. I'm wondering if the rear "stand" folds...will it fit in the case....?
I have the rugged bundle so no spot for it anyway in my case but curious they are still tweaking it I would think it would be in production now for delivery in a few weeks. Also interesting Autel has not listed it in the official website either

Advexure posted that some of (I don't think mine did) came with a diagram as to where things fit in the case. The big spot on the bottom layer is listed as "future controller"....in fact...here's the image. Credit to Advexture.

Attachments

• casesheet.jpg
    casesheet.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 13

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member