Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro smart controller looks like is coming soon.

since there's a world wide chip shortage, i'm thinking it'll be awhile, although the CCP does have all the equipment there so.......

Ya i had a dji s c and you are right about flaws but the 1000 nits helps i lost range of my mavic-2 pro with the sc sold all my DJI stuff any way i hope autel sc is lower then $1,400.00
sure, the 1000 nits is better than a mobile phone but still, it's not as bright as it needs to be sometimes. like others here, I have a 2000 nit monitor and you can easily tell the difference which is why I am so excited about the autel sc. so yeah the dji sc is better than nothing and today it got even better with a sw update! im not losing connection range like others have reported so I understand that would be miserable to switch away from a basic control to an expensive sc and cut down on your range. apparently the autel sc *increases* your range.

Reactions: advexure
If it had boosted range and controls all felt nice it could be a nice replacement for boosters and add on monitors. But If it still needs antenna mods then not a great purchase

If it had boosted range and controls all felt nice it could be a nice replacement for boosters and add on monitors. But If it still needs antenna mods then not a great purchase

Theoretically it should have better range if it’s leveraging dual band. Our team should have a better idea in a couple days as we get a chance to do some field testing. [emoji847] We will definitely report back!

I’m with you Anzacjack,

It would be nice not needing a booster or different antenna setup, for increasing signal. I feel the SC stock setup will be sufficient, Actually have an AlienTech booster but I really don’t want to add it into the new SC. Would prefer to keep new SC stock, mainly for its warranty.

Paul

I’m with you Anzacjack,

It would be nice not needing a booster or different antenna setup, for increasing signal. I feel the SC stock setup will be sufficient, Actually have an AlienTech booster but I really don’t want to add it into the new SC. Would prefer to keep new SC stock, mainly for its warranty.

Paul
agreed, I have no plans to mod the new rc for at least the first year.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Advexure had me on a waitlist. They say Autel headquarters is saying mid to late May. Sent back my Tripltek Pro and placed my order.

Attachments

• 687E7AF2-998C-4390-B442-D1E33F7E944E.jpeg
    687E7AF2-998C-4390-B442-D1E33F7E944E.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Since it looks like it has standard SMA connectors wonder if it can be hooked up to a base radio antenna and control the EVO 2 using it ?

Well you go on advexure on there pre-order the price is $1,399.00 and i have been seeing that price in a few places thats crazy the DJI S.C is $799.00 i believe if $1,399.00 is true WOW
I can see this happening, remember when the MP2 w/ hasselblad was released it was $1595.00 , our EP2 6k starts out at $1895.00. Js

Advexure had me on a waitlist. They say Autel headquarters is saying mid to late May. Sent back my Tripltek Pro and placed my order.
That’s a great price on the new Smart Controller, larger brighter screen and longer battery life over the DJI Smart Controller.

I never could get clear visual from my IPad, was always a little fuzzy. This new Autel Smart Controller will be a warm welcome, especially with those using an iPad picture feed will be much clearer now. That alone, is worth the SC purchase.

Enjoy your new Smart Controller ?
Paul

Reactions: DroneFlex
Sorry but this device is not made by Autel Robotics. Use at your own risk or joy.

Sorry but this device is not made by Autel Robotics. Use at your own risk or joy.
I'd be willing to bet that it's at least similar to the Dragonfish controller.

I'd also be glad to hear where you got this information. Further...why the coming Smart Controller would be labelled "Autel" unless built, offered, or sold as an Autel item.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Autel doesn't actually build the remote. Does Ford built every part or component for their cars? Or..do they have suppliers that provide these components to their specifications?I know the answer. Moreso, Ford warrantees these parts or components as if they were their own.

Even if Autel doesn't make these controllers....there's no doubt in my mind that they are sold by, and backed by Autel. In fact, Iw as just looking at the quick state guide on line. It's branded "Autel".

I'd also be glad to hear where you got this information. Further...why the coming Smart Controller would be labelled "Autel" unless built, offered, or sold as an Autel item.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Autel doesn't actually build the remote. Does Ford built every part or component for their cars? Or..do they have suppliers that provide these components to their specifications?I know the answer. Moreso, Ford warrantees these parts or components as if they were their own.

Even if Autel doesn't make these controllers....there's no doubt in my mind that they are sold by, and backed by Autel. In fact, Iw as just looking at the quick state guide on line. It's branded "Autel".
reminds me of the Skydio 2 remote controller which is a Parrott remote controller with a Skydio label plastered on it. Doesn't matter to me as long as it works and Skydio doesn't reject it. As long as Autel doesn't reject the smart controller, I think we should be find and don't care who actually manufacturers it. In fact, might be a good thing because I still feel a 100% Autel sc would have been more expensive.

And you're right, a lot of companies have their parts and accessories built by someone else.

You can do your homework. It’s not that hard. See who produced the video. Do you actually think Autel would use the words “retina display?” Why isn’t Autel Robotics lists on any of the pages?

reminds me of the Skydio 2 remote controller which is a Parrott remote controller with a Skydio label plastered on it. Doesn't matter to me as long as it works and Skydio doesn't reject it. As long as Autel doesn't reject the smart controller, I think we should be find and don't care who actually manufacturers it. In fact, might be a good thing because I still feel a 100% Autel sc would have been more expensive.

And you're right, a lot of companies have their parts and accessories built by someone else.
Go ahead. Send in your $1,400. They (AutelPilot) might or might not send you a controller in May. Or you could almost buy an actual Evo 2 for that same $$$.

Go ahead. Send in your $1,400. They (AutelPilot) might or might not send you a controller in May. Or you could almost buy an actual Evo 2 for that same $$$.

as I mentioned in a previous post, I plan to wait for the reviews and a minor discount before I make my purchase; I'm not in a hurry at this point. however, the timing of my purchase doesn't impact what I think about the product's performance, reliability, or authenticiy. even if I wanted to buy it right away, I'm a savvy consumer and I don't "send in your [money]" which would be foolish. I know these cool tricks on how to buy thing over the internet with 100% protection; you can "pay" for stuff and if you something goes wrong.... it's 2021 you should try it; it goes a long way to taking the guesswork and the worry out what is real and what isn't. but thanks for reminding me, I remember the days when you saw something in a magazine and have to decide whether to fire off a $100 money order in the mail and wait a month for a "package" to magically appear or pay a little bit (lot) extra and order it COD because somehow you thought that would "protect" you. lol lol ;)

just for the record, I think the discussion at this point we are allow waiting and hoping and it's not a money thing. could very well turn out to be nothing but no harm no foul I guess.

The link to "pre=buy" isn't just on the Chinese site. Advexure and Drone Works are listing them, too. I think the smart controller is coming. I will NOT order direct from China.

As far as "retina" display comments on the postings? Id suggest a bad Chinese to English translation. It's common to see misspellings, etc like that

In fact, this site is listing the Quick State manual for the Smart Controller. PDF QUICK START GUIDE - droneshopperth.com.au (I guess it's a conspiracy;))

I'm planning on buying one, over a Tripltek, mount, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: advexure

Attachments

• FE3367CE-C6CF-4921-BFC6-ED6F0830F4FC.jpeg
    FE3367CE-C6CF-4921-BFC6-ED6F0830F4FC.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 1
The link to "pre=buy" isn't just on the Chinese site. Advexure and Drone Works are listing them, too. I think the smart controller is coming. I will NOT order direct from China.

As far as "retina" display comments on the postings? Id suggest a bad Chinese to English translation. It's common to see misspellings, etc like that

In fact, this site is listing the Quick State manual for the Smart Controller. PDF QUICK START GUIDE - droneshopperth.com.au (I guess it's a conspiracy;))

I'm planning on buying one, over a Tripltek, mount, etc.

We can 100% confirm it’s coming! Our team has been up in Seattle the last couple days at Autel HQ and got to check it out.

There will be additional information on a more “formal” release tomorrow. We will have a couple hundred units coming into our facility in a few weeks. Currently looking like a mid-May ship date for pre-orders.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller