Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro Photo Settings Video/Manual Focus App Bug

Hello Evo II Pro pilots. I joined your ranks two weeks ago. Love everything about this aircraft, except, Auto Focus and Manual Focus have a mind of their own and are completely un-reliable. All seems ok when the camera is in full Auto. All other manual settings work fine, just the focus is not cooperating. Do any of you know if the focus can be controlled from the transmitter without using the App?

Hello Evo II Pro pilots. I joined your ranks two weeks ago. Love everything about this aircraft, except, Auto Focus and Manual Focus have a mind of their own and are completely un-reliable. All seems ok when the camera is in full Auto. All other manual settings work fine, just the focus is not cooperating. Do any of you know if the focus can be controlled from the transmitter without using the App?
You might be in the same boat as a few of us. I too was having pretty crazy focus issues. Some flights it was okay, but others it would go out of focus and refuse to accept any camera commands that I sent to it. I worked with Autel to troubleshoot it, but I eventually had to send mine in. I sent it on Tuesday and it should be arriving today. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

Hi Anthony, does this sound like what yours was doing?
I had opportunity to test things further. Using a 5th gen. iPad mini, auto focus works erraticly & manual focus option disappears when you select it. It won’t even display the manual focus dial that everyone else has. Very frustrating as it seems that focus only works well when I put the camera in full auto settings. Later yesterday I tried to control focus with an iPhone 6s. Auto focus touch to focus seemed more normal, but manual focus displays properly, but swiping of the focus control has no effect on focus or the peaking/ focus assist.
Final note: I just updated iPad mini and iPhone to latest firmware 14.6 and will try again in the morning and see if things are better.

Hi Anthony, does this sound like what yours was doing?
I had opportunity to test things further. Using a 5th gen. iPad mini, auto focus works erraticly & manual focus option disappears when you select it. It won’t even display the manual focus dial that everyone else has. Very frustrating as it seems that focus only works well when I put the camera in full auto settings. Later yesterday I tried to control focus with an iPhone 6s. Auto focus touch to focus seemed more normal, but manual focus displays properly, but swiping of the focus control has no effect on focus or the peaking/ focus assist.
Final note: I just updated iPad mini and iPhone to latest firmware 14.6 and will try again in the morning and see if things are better.
That's pretty much what mine was doing. I also had issues at times where it would lose focus and not respond to the autofocus points until after 30 seconds or so. Or pretty much any camera related command including the stop recording button. Other times it would be just fine. Autel is replacing my camera module/gimbal assembly.

The iOS 14.6 update to my iPad mini gen5 and iPhone 6s, has helped a lot. It is not perfect yet. Auto and particularly Manual focus is still buggy, but they seem to work 75% of the time instead instead of only 10% of the time.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials