Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro or Evo Lite plus?

websiteauthor

Reaction score
Hi guys -

I'm interested in your opinion. Assuming the prices are about the same, would you rather buy a new Evo Lite + or a lightly used Evo 2 Pro?

I'm a Part 107 drone operator, extremely focused on video quality and drone safety.

I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Hi guys -

I'm interested in your opinion. Assuming the prices are about the same, would you rather buy a new Evo Lite + or a lightly used Evo 2 Pro?

I'm a Part 107 drone operator, extremely focused on video quality and drone safety.

I'd appreciate your thoughts!
Its a little early to compare because the Lite+ is so new. To my eye, the color is more natural coming from the Lite+. Range is reported to be better with the Lite+, Flight time is about the same. EVO 2 has side sensors, Lite+ does not. As of this moment the Lite+ does not support 10 bit color or LOG but I am virtually certain it will be added. The EVO 2 has a more robust app(Autel Explorer) but I am sure that the new Autel Sky app will catch up rapidly. Lite+ has no Smart Controller but it is under development.

If I was buying today.... I would buy the Lite+ but I am sure many others here will have a different opinion. In the end they are very similar which makes choosing a bit of a coin flip. I own the EVO 2 so I won't be buying the Lite+ until it is more mature.

Its a little early to compare because the Lite+ is so new. To my eye, the color is more natural coming from the Lite+. Range is reported to be better with the Lite+, Flight time is about the same. EVO 2 has side sensors, Lite+ does not. As of this moment the Lite+ does not support 10 bit color or LOG but I am virtually certain it will be added. The EVO 2 has a more robust app(Autel Explorer) but I am sure that the new Autel Sky app will catch up rapidly. Lite+ has no Smart Controller but it is under development.

If I was buying today.... I would buy the Lite+ but I am sure many others here will have a different opinion. In the end they are very similar which makes choosing a bit of a coin flip. I own the EVO 2 so I won't beT buying the Lite+ until it is more mature.
I appreciate your thoughts. The 10 bit color is a big deal so that has me thinking.

I really need something that challenges the Air 2S - I've got the Air 2S so that's the bar for me. Part of the reason I'm looking is to do some reviews/videos on my Youtube channel, so I want something that will go up against the DJI drones.

I really need something that challenges the Air 2S - I've got the Air 2S so that's the bar for me
I also have the Air 2S.... it is my goto everyday bird. Honestly it beats my EVO 2 Pro in every way other than flight time. The EVO 2 has superior optics and a better camera with adjustable aperture but it is somewhat crippled because it produces too much magenta which is not easy to get rid of in post. I am extremely fussy about color which is why I have my hopes pinned on the Lite+. The resolution of the Air 2S, the Lite+, and the EVO 2 Pro is the same. They are all really 5.4k cameras.

As a 107 pilot, having an Autel product will probably save your rear end on a shoot some day..... the Geofencing in the DJI is its big Achilles heel. It will stop you from flying somewhere that it shouldn't stop you from flying one of these days.

I also have the Air 2S.... it is my goto everyday bird. Honestly it beats my EVO 2 Pro in every way other than flight time. The EVO 2 has superior optics and a better camera with adjustable aperture but it is somewhat crippled because it produces too much magenta which is not easy to get rid of in post. I am extremely fussy about color which is why I have my hopes pinned on the Lite+. The resolution of the Air 2S, the Lite+, and the EVO 2 Pro is the same. They are all really 5.4k cameras.

As a 107 pilot, having an Autel product will probably save your rear end on a shoot some day..... the Geofencing in the DJI is its big Achilles heel. It will stop you from flying somewhere that it shouldn't stop you from flying one of these days.

Wow, this is depressing to hear. I'd heard of the magenta issue before but didn't realize how significant it was.

Is this opinion of the Evo 2 Pro the general consensus with Autel owners?

My Evo has saved the day a couple times on jobs, where I was cleared to fly but DJI's geo-nonsense (and Yuneec's for that matter) still caused problems. Yeah, I want a non-DJI drone available at all times, but it has to deliver the quality.

Wow, this is depressing to hear. I'd heard of the magenta issue before but didn't realize how significant it was.

Some operators may not even notice it....but I can see the color shift in just about every EVO 2 Pro video on Youtube. It is particularly noticeable in deep shadows which often appear purple instead of gray. You can minimize it in post but if you tweak the video too far it will pull everything out of whack. As far as I can tell from the footage posted online, the Lite+ does not share the problem. I have posted the image below from one of my videos before; everything looks good until you look into the shadows. Its not a deal breaker but it does sometimes show up in odd places.

781A9634-1132-4AEF-ABE6-ABEFF1542C9E_1_201_a.jpeg

Reactions: Eagle928
Some operators may not even notice it....but I can see the color shift in just about every EVO 2 Pro video on Youtube. It is particularly noticeable in deep shadows which often appear purple instead of gray. You can minimize it in post but if you tweak the video too far it will pull everything out of whack. As far as I can tell from the footage posted online, the Lite+ does not share the problem. I have posted the image below from one of my videos before; everything looks good until you look into the shadows. Its not a deal breaker but it does sometimes show up in odd places.

View attachment 12862
yes happened to me too. but for my video, the slight purple happens to look pretty good up in the mountains. ;)

Reactions: Saladshooter

View attachment 12862
Is very easy to manage with Resolve and HDR controls...just define the part you need to correct in Luma key and you balance it in less than 20 seconds.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Is very easy to manage with Resolve and HDR controls...just define the part you need to correct in Luma key and you balance it in less than 20 seconds.
This is a simple example. I have plenty of video that's easier to throw out than correct using Luma key because the purple hues are everywhere.

This discussion is a bit off track as what I am really trying to get across is that I think Autel fixed it in the Lite+. If they continue adding features to the new Sky app and add A-LOG 10-bit color to the LIte+ it will soon be as good as the EVO 2 Pro in many ways and better in others.

Your night video looks really good by the way..... I had to bump YouTube up to its maximum HD resolution before I could see the detail but it does show how well the EVO 2 performs in low light.

This is a simple example. I have plenty of video that's easier to throw out than correct using Luma key because the purple hues are everywhere.

This discussion is a bit off track as what I am really trying to get across is that I think Autel fixed it in the Lite+. If they continue adding features to the new Sky app and add A-LOG 10-bit color to the LIte+ it will soon be as good as the EVO 2 Pro in many ways and better in others.

Your night video looks really good by the way..... I had to bump YouTube up to its maximum HD resolution before I could see the detail but it does show how well the EVO 2 performs in low light.
Thanks.
Yes, if Lite+ gets 10bit ALOG, will be my acquisition also, but will be a little nasty in Europe as is not classified, after 2023 you cannot fly it anymore...
Of course until the is paid and made also profits from commercials, but...hope that Evo3 will comply with Europe classification.

Thanks.
Yes, if Lite+ gets 10bit ALOG, will be my acquisition also, but will be a little nasty in Europe as is not classified, after 2023 you cannot fly it anymore...
Of course until the is paid and made also profits from commercials, but...hope that Evo3 will comply with Europe classification.

Sigh. It's never an easy decision, is it? Evo 2 Pro - puple hue. Lite + - no guarantee of 10 bit or log. Autel also has a history of releasing drones with issues that take a long time to fix, so I'm nervous about getting a just-released drone. But if I wait too long, there will be a bunch of Youtube videos out there, so I might not get the views.

Decisions, decisions. I'd really like to find an alternative to the Mavic 3 especially to suggest to people.

Is anyone in the US selling the Lite + yet?

I will say, I watched a video by droneXfactor where the Evo 2 Pro compared favorably to the Mavic 3 - linking it isn't working for me . . . search for "DJI Mavic 3 Vs Autel Evo 2 Pro Camera Quality for Professional Use"

Last edited:
Sigh. It's never an easy decision, is it? Evo 2 Pro - puple hue. Lite + - no guarantee of 10 bit or log. Autel also has a history of releasing drones with issues that take a long time to fix, so I'm nervous about getting a just-released drone. But if I wait too long, there will be a bunch of Youtube videos out there, so I might not get the views.

Decisions, decisions. I'd really like to find an alternative to the Mavic 3 especially to suggest to people.

Is anyone in the US selling the Lite + yet?

I will say, I watched a video by droneXfactor where the Evo 2 Pro compared favorably to the Mavic 3 - linking it isn't working for me . . . search for "DJI Mavic 3 Vs Autel Evo 2 Pro Camera Quality for Professional Use"
The Lite+ in its current state shoots fantastic videos and takes impressive shots. During Hyperlapse the camera seems wobbly but it does a great job, flight time is very good. The downside to it is the OA have issues-picks up things that are not there 70 meters in the air with no sun facing it, caused mine to stop dead during a RTH and refused to move until I turned of the OA sensors, also the flight records is an issue like I did a Hyperlapse which took 31 minutes but the flight logs showed me at a different place a couple of hundred meters aways with a flight time of 10 minutes, also there is no Dynamic track - which is why I bought the drone so I can track my boat in the water in a NFZ zone and there is no answer from Autel in regards to the issues. I have emailed them numerous times, posted on their Facebook and their official forum and nothing nada. Their customer service stinks.

During Hyperlapse the camera seems wobbly
I use Hyperlapse quite a bit on my Air 2S. It works well but the wind does render the footage a bit wobbly at times. The added flight time of the Lite+ would be a huge help for doing proper long hyperlapses.

The downside to it is the OA have issues-picks up things that are not there 70 meters in the air with no sun facing it, caused mine to stop dead during a RTH and refused to move until I turned of the OA sensors,
Sounds like a bug that will need to be corrected with an update and something to be aware of for the meantime.

also there is no Dynamic track - which is why I bought the drone so I can track my boat in the water in a NFZ zone
As I'm sure you know.... Dynamic track 2.1 is promised, just not available yet.

Thank you for your view on things.

Reactions: websiteauthor
I use Hyperlapse quite a bit on my Air 2S. It works well but the wind does render the footage a bit wobbly at times. The added flight time of the Lite+ would be a huge help for doing proper long hyperlapses.

Sounds like a bug that will need to be corrected with an update and something to be aware of for the meantime.

As I'm sure you know.... Dynamic track 2.1 is promised, just not available yet.

Thank you for your view on things.
I had the Air2S and also the Mavic 3, in post you can stabilise the camera shakes but so far with the lite it does not help as it is so bad in slight wind. The Lite gives you a max Hyperlapse of 30 seconds just like Air2S and Mavic 3 not anymore but you will run out of battery before it finishes. For the OA, I have emailed Autel and they are silent so no help there, I tried looking up info in regards to Dynamic Track etc and there is nothing that I can find-can you post the link for the update.

Reactions: websiteauthor

It can be, used to run into the magenta more often when first got E2P and flew with setups similar to on DJI P4P and especially with color NONE. Have been able to adjust with Resolv and other tools in post. However what made big diff was combination of WB, style adjustments (e.g. sat etc), and using log more and NONE less. On DJI the log not as good where I find log on E2P particular with 10b HDR enabled to be much better. I like the idea of the lite+ and am watching it to replace my Mini for some projects, however will wait for the fw/sw to get sorted out.

Hi, the Autel manager Maxwell Lee (owner's son) said that both the lite and nano drones will never have Missions. If you value missions, the EVO ll is the drone to have.

Regards,
Richard

Hi, the Autel manager Maxwell Lee (owner's son) said that both the lite and nano drones will never have Missions. If you value missions, the EVO ll is the drone to have.

Regards,
Richard
Thats too bad, even the Mavic Mini can fly waypoint missions via Litchi, granted it took a year or two for the sw/fw/sdk to get to the point where supported.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials