Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro or Evo Lite plus?

Even more interesting to me is that Maxwell Lee said he is bringing 10-bit LOG to the Nano+ in a recent interview. This makes me wonder if there is an actual limitation in the camera for the Lite+ and not just a ploy to sell the EVO 2 Pro.
Good point. From a business standpoint I understand the need to keep these different level drones limited to their class. Hobbyist, professional, etc.

Good point. From a business standpoint I understand the need to keep these different level drones limited to their class. Hobbyist, professional, etc.
that practice is only going to lead to trouble for autel. they tried it at dji and it didn't work so well.

Reactions: PingSpike
I get your point but can you give an example?

Cars are made and sold with different features and prices.
for cars, i think they have a pretty good handle on what the categories are and what people look for. but even the car folks have changed because this is what the consumer has demanded. at first, they offered the best features to only the high end cars and then eventually they made it a paid option for most of those who wanted it. eventually they figured out that it is better just to include it for everybody. if it is different, it's because the car is in a different category, not a different class.

i think it would be a mistake for autel to attempt to steer the customer's purchase decision based mostly on the drone's feature set. for example, no smart controller or missions on the evo/lite series makes no sense to me. not sure what it achieves. is the intent to drive people to get an evo2/evo3 if they don't want to use their smart phone and controller? certain features and functions are mainstream and need to be widely available. just like for cars, bluetooth, abs, rearview cameras....those type of features shouldn't be "withheld." remember when you couldn't get a cd player in a pickup truck? you bought a p/u to haul stuff, not to listen to premium music. backup camera is the law. navigation is in every phone, not just some mobile phones....it can no longer be used to entice the upgrade. how would apple look if they only offered facetime in some of their models?

if top autel drones are more rugged, faster, specialty equipment like ir...i get that. not a fan of locking drones into non-professional app versions that have locked out settings and lack of features which the drone is capable of but not offered for whatever reason. im not a huge user of mission but imagine if the auto maker decided that cruise control should only come with certain car models? it won't fly (no pun intended).

for cars, i think they have a pretty good handle on what the categories are and what people look for. but even the car folks have changed because this is what the consumer has demanded. at first, they offered the best features to only the high end cars and then eventually they made it a paid option for most of those who wanted it. eventually they figured out that it is better just to include it for everybody. if it is different, it's because the car is in a different category, not a different class.

i think it would be a mistake for autel to attempt to steer the customer's purchase decision based mostly on the drone's feature set. for example, no smart controller or missions on the evo/lite series makes no sense to me. not sure what it achieves. is the intent to drive people to get an evo2/evo3 if they don't want to use their smart phone and controller? certain features and functions are mainstream and need to be widely available. just like for cars, bluetooth, abs, rearview cameras....those type of features shouldn't be "withheld." remember when you couldn't get a cd player in a pickup truck? you bought a p/u to haul stuff, not to listen to premium music. backup camera is the law. navigation is in every phone, not just some mobile phones....it can no longer be used to entice the upgrade. how would apple look if they only offered facetime in some of their models?

if top autel drones are more rugged, faster, specialty equipment like ir...i get that. not a fan of locking drones into non-professional app versions that have locked out settings and lack of features which the drone is capable of but not offered for whatever reason. im not a huge user of mission but imagine if the auto maker decided that cruise control should only come with certain car models? it won't fly (no pun intended).
I hear ya and remember when a bare bones truck 1970 ford truck with no radio cost $2k+? Now that same truck can go for as high as $51k. Or a new bare bones one can cost $31k.

My point is it isn't linear. Different factors and market forces change the dynamic resulting in a different price. The manufacture still has to make money and they only make it on the original sale and possibly resale later if traded in and any repair work they may get.

Last edited:
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
I also have the Air 2S.... it is my goto everyday bird. Honestly it beats my EVO 2 Pro in every way other than flight time. The EVO 2 has superior optics and a better camera with adjustable aperture but it is somewhat crippled because it produces too much magenta which is not easy to get rid of in post. I am extremely fussy about color which is why I have my hopes pinned on the Lite+. The resolution of the Air 2S, the Lite+, and the EVO 2 Pro is the same. They are all really 5.4k cameras.

As a 107 pilot, having an Autel product will probably save your rear end on a shoot some day..... the Geofencing in the DJI is its big Achilles heel. It will stop you from flying somewhere that it shouldn't stop you from flying one of these days.
Every comparison I've seen between a DJI drone and an Autel drone going back to the Evo 1, the DJI drone, to my eye, is the one showing too much magenta. I would like to see others opinion on this.

Every comparison I've seen between a DJI drone and an Autel drone going back to the Evo 1, the DJI drone, to my eye, is the one showing too much magenta. I would like to see others opinion on this.
Learn editing...in Post i remove magenta from E2P in less than 20 seconds.
Also you can make a creative LUT in order to save the preset....this will get you to around 4 seconds to remove excessive magenta. :)
Also: Use LOG...have a more balanced colors at editing, 10 bit is nice.

Reactions: Rubik3x

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo