Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro Gimbal Guard is hard to put on

Dougiefresh27

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this issue?
When I first start to slide it over the camera. the camera moves so easily it is hard to get it situated properly.
Then to clip it in, it requires a lot of careful force.
Force Is not something I like to use around a gimbal.
Does anyone have a better solution?
When I first unpacked it new, the guard was off and it was not clear how it should be oriented.
I'm new to Autel so I want to be careful.

Reactions: Curt Eckert
When I first start to slide it over the camera. the camera moves so easily it is hard to get it situated properly.
When I first unpacked it new, the guard was off and it was not clear how it should be oriented.
I have this exact problem it definitely seems to move around very easily compared to DJI.... I will try to upload a picture later to show correct placement and orientation. definitely agree you have to use more Force than I am generally comfortable with

Reactions: Dougiefresh27
I turn my drone upside down and slide the gimbal cover over the top trying not to move the gimbal. I pinch just the top. I am getting better.

I've heard others with this problem also. I find that yes, turn it upside down. Then align the camera body into the holder first. Once it's properly aligned putting it together and snapping in place is very smooth and requires not much effort. Definitely Don't Force it!

Try this, put the gimbal protector on, then instead of pushing the back of the protector to finalize it in place flick your index finger around the cover especially the front of the lens. By doing this your settling the camera in place so it's not as forceful. I do it and it seems to work for me. The click in place isn't so intense.

Yes once you've gotten used to it, it's easy but mine actually broke! The right clip cracked and now fell off. Do you guys know where to get a replacement? Thanks!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791