Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 Pro 6K Filename.

MIGUELO

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
How can I change the names of the files on my EvoII and do them sequentially?
Every time I load a new card, it starts over with MAX_0001 ...

Try to put on your new card the name of the last video file you made, but blank (0 Octect).
If for example your last video was Max_0105.mp4, with Notepad you create a Max_0105.Txt text file that you then rename Max_0105.mp4, it should work. (unless it is based on another index file of the card, in which case it would be necessary to put that of the other card on this card).

Many thanks Claudius.
I think what you are telling me is that I have to trick the system by telling it that there is already a file with the name; MAX_00105 and make the system start with the next one, that is MAX_106. Right?

Many thanks Claudius.
I think what you are telling me is that I have to trick the system by telling it that there is already a file with the name; MAX_00105 and make the system start with the next one, that is MAX_106. Right?

It is annoying but not worth the extra work in my opinion. My cinema and photography cameras remember the last filename used between card changes but the EVO does not. I don't believe in spending any wasted seconds on things like getting it to keep counting up so all I do is after each day of flying is I copy the files to a new folder on my computer and rename them by date and location prior to adding them to my main footage folders.

Another thing, is if you use a Windows computer, after renaming the files to something more user friendly you can use meta tags to help you find the footage later.

Reactions: UasDriver
I reformat my cards before each use so filename/numbers reset. Once I offload to compute, I simply run a script that renames the files with a short name of location/topic + aircraftname + date + filename off of the aircraft/microsd cards. Its very quick and helps with organizing, searching and finding things in the future.

I reformat my cards before each use so filename/numbers reset. Once I offload to compute, I simply run a script that renames the files with a short name of location/topic + aircraftname + date + filename off of the aircraft/microsd cards. Its very quick and helps with organizing, searching and finding things in the future.
It is annoying but not worth the extra work in my opinion. My cinema and photography cameras remember the last filename used between card changes but the EVO does not. I don't believe in spending any wasted seconds on things like getting it to keep counting up so all I do is after each day of flying is I copy the files to a new folder on my computer and rename them by date and location prior to adding them to my main footage folders.

Another thing, is if you use a Windows computer, after renaming the files to something more user friendly you can use meta tags to help you find the footage later.
Many thanks for your help. It works

Reactions: gschulzuio
Many thanks for your help. It works

Sure no problem.....if you start developing a large library of footage metatags are going to help you the most when you are working on a project. In the file name I have the date, and something major about the clip like the venue name or major attraction name. In the meta tags is where I put the year, resolution, framerate, country, state, city, location name, camera movement (i.e. dolly in, dolly out, orbit, etc.) time of day (i.e. sunrise, sunset, midday), camera vendor (i.e. DJI, Autel, Canon), and a few keywords that I might use when searching (i.e. intersection, waterfall, mountain).

After you have built up hundreds or thousands of such clips you will thank me later if you develop a system now. I can find almost any clip I need within seconds thanks to metatags. For me speed is everything and client's are not going to pay extra because it took me 15min to find the drone Christmas tree orbit that I filmed 3yrs ago.

Reactions: Mavic Rick
Sure no problem.....if you start developing a large library of footage metatags are going to help you the most when you are working on a project. In the file name I have the date, and something major about the clip like the venue name or major attraction name. In the meta tags is where I put the year, resolution, framerate, country, state, city, location name, camera movement (i.e. dolly in, dolly out, orbit, etc.) time of day (i.e. sunrise, sunset, midday), camera vendor (i.e. DJI, Autel, Canon), and a few keywords that I might use when searching (i.e. intersection, waterfall, mountain).

After you have built up hundreds or thousands of such clips you will thank me later if you develop a system now. I can find almost any clip I need within seconds thanks to metatags. For me speed is everything and client's are not going to pay extra because it took me 15min to find the drone Christmas tree orbit that I filmed 3yrs ago.
Very true what you say

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN