Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro 6 K Autofocus problem

GeoDrone SRL

Reaction score
Hi to all,
Have you got into this problem with autofocus lost ?
Is just lost until I click the phone screen, then is lost again....
All is updated, firmware, Autel Explorer software...

This is the footage fully unedited:

Tks.

I've had similar issues! In several cases, the blurry focus can't even be corrected by switching to manual focus! I have no idea what triggers it. Landing and rebooting restores focus, but it can quickly be lost again!

Thanks. Have talked with Autel, is a common problem to some cameras, I have sent it in warranty for replacement.
The easy diagnostic seems to be that in manual mode on Macro is almost focused and on infinity is totally out of focus.
Tks.
I've had similar issues! In several cases, the blurry focus can't even be corrected by switching to manual focus! I have no idea what triggers it. Landing and rebooting restores focus, but it can quickly be lost again!

Reactions: G_G
Hello! I have the same issue with the focus of my EVO 2 pro during the execution of (rectangular) missions! Already 3 flights came back with all images out of focus.
When I received the drone (refurbished) in September, I had all my flights in AUTO-mode and the pics came out super and crisp. Then one moment I decided to experiment with the camera modes (Aperture priority etc.) and the focus was lost.
Yesterday I had three missions flights... ALL pics (about 1000) out of focus. Will try out the manual focus mode. Unfortunately the weather is changing and I will be grounded for about one week.

Hello! I have the same issue with the focus of my EVO 2 pro during the execution of (rectangular) missions! Already 3 flights came back with all images out of focus.
When I received the drone (refurbished) in September, I had all my flights in AUTO-mode and the pics came out super and crisp. Then one moment I decided to experiment with the camera modes (Aperture priority etc.) and the focus was lost.
Yesterday I had three missions flights... ALL pics (about 1000) out of focus. Will try out the manual focus mode. Unfortunately the weather is changing and I will be grounded for about one week.
Try AUTO and set your button B for Lock...in this way you will have no surprises... Also Manual is a better option if you maintain same distance (as missions) because is not nice from 1000 pics to have even 3 out of focus, is ruining the work.
Cheers.

Try AUTO and set your button B for Lock...in this way you will have no surprises... Also Manual is a better option if you maintain same distance (as missions) because is not nice from 1000 pics to have even 3 out of focus, is ruining the work.
Cheers.
Did the camera replacement solve your problem? My understanding is that it is a known problem with the camera FW that Autel still hasn't fixed!

Did the camera replacement solve your problem? My understanding is that it is a known problem with the camera FW that Autel still hasn't fixed!
Yes, the new one is working OK. The Auto Focus remains rock solid. Only at night is needed to re-touch the screen in order to make a focus, then wait 3-4 seconds to re-focus in order not to be needed to lock AF, but this is not something that to be wrong.
I must say I miss a DMF, a Manuaf Focus mode with refocusing in area touched on screen...but Autel will not make it...

Reactions: G_G
Cheers.
Thanks for the advice! Will definitely go for Manual. Now waiting for better weather conditons and will re-execute the same rectangular missions.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy