Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 1 RTH: Yes or No

moodman

Reaction score
I own two Evo 1 drones. Have had them for a long time, but they work perfectly. However, I never tested the RTH function WITHOUT the controller connected.

My question is...If for example I turned off the controller, or the connection drops, etc., will the drone RTH? I don't want to test this untill I have confirmation of what is supposed to happen.

My second question is similar...If I lose connection, like if I accidentally turned off the controller, when I turn it back on will the Evo 1 re-establish connection and would I be able to control the drone at that time?

Thanks for your help in advance.

1. Yes. After losing connection for 3 seconds your Evo will Return to Home. BUT, if you drone does not have a satellite lock, it cannot Return to Home because it does not know where home is.

2. Yes.

1. Yes. After losing connection for 3 seconds your Evo will Return to Home. BUT, if you drone does not have a satellite lock, it cannot Return to Home because it does not know where home is.

2. Yes.
Thank you for your response. My Evo 1 is old, but it still flies great. That's what I wanted to hear, but I didn't want to try it without knowing in advance what to expect. I am trying to be responsible about what I might do in an emergency.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo