Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 1 battery is going fast!

If these batteries are more than two years old and sitting on a shelf, never on a charger, how dependable are they???

If these batteries are more than two years old and sitting on a shelf, never on a charger, how dependable are they???
I picked one up at Best Buy a few months ago $85. They are fine. I also just bought the Bundle deal today and they are in stock and will be delivered tomorrow. Don't trust the EVO1 discharge. If you are not going to fly for a while discharge manually to 3.85 per cell and you will extend the batteries life. I've been doing this with my other drones for years.

I picked one up at Best Buy a few months ago $85. They are fine. I also just bought the Bundle deal today and they are in stock and will be delivered tomorrow. Don't trust the EVO1 discharge. If you are not going to fly for a while discharge manually to 3.85 per cell and you will extend the batteries life. I've been doing this with my other drones for years.
I hope that works, I got 4 batteries @ $25 each. I don't fly that much but don't want a paperweight either. My first set of 4 lasted about 1.5 years with 35 cycles. So should I fully charge the new ones and then discharge them to 3.85 cell and let sit and maybe check once a month?

Reactions: jcommstudios
I hope that works, I got 4 batteries @ $25 each. I don't fly that much but don't want a paperweight either. My first set of 4 lasted about 1.5 years with 35 cycles. So should I fully charge the new ones and then discharge them to 3.85 cell and let sit and maybe check once a month?
How do you discharge to 3.85 without a sophisticated charger?

I think you just have to let it run down to those levels. The discharge rate you set in the app isn't very dependable at all. Also I just opened a couple batteries and they have some smudging on the top orange plastic . I thought these weren't new but show only 1 discharge. Just thought that was odd.

@bladerunner @tuxontodd You can see the cell levels in the Explorer App. About 50% gets you close to 3.85 per cell. Turn on the app, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner to show settings... on the left. go to "Aircraft Battery" click it and the total voltage will be displayed along with the 3 cells and their voltage will show for the battery. If you can get them to 3.85 (either let the drone idle while on, just power up the drone, or charge them to 2 blinking lights and then check and do the same)
The EVO auto discharge can't be trusted..lol. Also the batteries can fall well below 3.85 per cell if they sit for a while. Check them fairly often.
Good luck. Jim

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman