Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Erratic flight again

slvervper99

Reaction score
So flying the XSP yesterday and noted that it was erratic, I mean the drone was literally flying in a 360 deg flight, I flew it higher at around 75 feet before it flew steady. Brought the bird down and it landed (not sure if it was my backyard being uneven) after landing it tilted on it's front shutting down the 2 rotors right away. Now I crashed this on some bushes two days prior and I had the low battery incident almost losing the drone all together about 1 week ago. I re-calibrated the compass every time I fly, but still doing to tilt to the ground after landing. So far, I've landing it on grass/dirt. I am afraid to land it on concrete/asphalt because I don't want to break the propellers. I re-updated the firmware last night - have not flown it yet, but I'll try the concrete landing today really carefully. Any thoughts???

My thought is something either got damaged or is loose inside the shell when you crashed into the bushes. I would suggest sending it in for repairs to solve the problem. Sounds like it has the toilet bowl effect where it is uncontrollable. This can mean a damaged compass or even GPS.

My thought is something either got damaged or is loose inside the shell when you crashed into the bushes. I would suggest sending it in for repairs to solve the problem. Sounds like it has the toilet bowl effect where it is uncontrollable. This can mean a damaged compass or even GPS.
Thanks Agustine, I was afraid you'd say to send it back. That means 3 weeks of no drone. I'm going to calibrate it a couple more times, see if anything changes. I've also calibrated the controller.

Well, just an update. Went in the backyard. I was going to try to do it in my driveway but as I have stated earlier, even the landing was goofy that once it lands, it tilts to it's nose landing on it's side with the 2 front rotors landing on the ground. I didn't want to break the rotors so I instead put a cardboard box and placed it on top of the grass -solid yet soft enough for the rotors to land on in case it tilts on landing. Calibrated the RC once and the drone twice, no wind. Started the drone - check, push on the launch button - check.......to my amazement it's steady as a surgeons' hand hovering at around 5 feet -hovered for a few seconds, and landed the drone - again - if I was being scored for landing, I'll probably get 9.5 as it was almost perfect. Did not tilt, did not drift, tried this launch and land at least 4 times, I even flew it at 400 feet and clicked the home button, flawless operation. Flew it 1000 feet away at 250 feet high, clicked the home button -worked perfectly. But you might be right Agustine, I may have knock something with the Compass/GPS or something after crashing it on the bush, even though I was flying low (about 2 feet off the ground) and just needed repeated recalibration. But it works for now.

Reactions: KentA

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials