Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dropped EVO, Gimbal Broken...

Used the search function of the forum and found 2 cases where people sent their Evo for gimbal replacement.

One from Europe was asked $324 for repair and shipping it back.

The second one was from the US. He saod he had to pay shy of $300.
They replaced my gimbal and camera and the nominal cost was $500 Australian. By nominal, I mean it was a no-charge repair under warranty but $500A was on the invoice. They did a brilliant job.

Drone's working grerat! Trying to find an excuse to grab the Evo II, but can't find any for now.lol

That's crazy that you just spent 200$ on that gimbal repair!! I totally would've done it for you for 100$ but at least you got it fixed. What's also crazy is the purchase of this high priced drone, without getting the add-on warranty because it's actually useful unlike when a car dealer screws you over with their all nonsense warranty that requires you to pay out of pocket 98% of the time lmao... With every single High-grade Prosumer grade drone I've ever purchased, I have ALWAYS bought the warranty and even the extended warranty if available ? because when you have remote controllability of any device that's not directly in control of your hands or natural reflexes I don't trust it, I only trust what I am truly controlling with my own self and my body due to knowing my limitations and abilities. Unlike when you're flying the drone where you can't feel how it's running internally, or if its too hot, cold, etc.. I'm sure you get my drift lmao, but I have the warranty PLUS another 2 year-extended warranty just because and the extended also covers up to 1000$ in damage no matter what happens... Now that's what I call Customer satisfaction; but what you paid for? Ouch, I feel like that was highway robbery especially when they charged 2 hours labor on a 30 min repair ? All in all I'm glad you're back in the air and enjoying this place we call home for what it is anyway, there's so much destruction going on lately that it's a bit depressing and we need to enjoy the good while it lasts. Stay safe and stay healthy, and NO MORE CRASHING or flying in the house lmao and if you need any help or have questions my door is always open ?

Reactions: Pork Belly
That's crazy that you just spent 200$ on that gimbal repair!! I totally would've done it for you for 100$ but at least you got it fixed. What's also crazy is the purchase of this high priced drone, without getting the add-on warranty because it's actually useful unlike when a car dealer screws you over with their all nonsense warranty that requires you to pay out of pocket 98% of the time lmao... With every single High-grade Prosumer grade drone I've ever purchased, I have ALWAYS bought the warranty and even the extended warranty if available ? because when you have remote controllability of any device that's not directly in control of your hands or natural reflexes I don't trust it, I only trust what I am truly controlling with my own self and my body due to knowing my limitations and abilities. Unlike when you're flying the drone where you can't feel how it's running internally, or if its too hot, cold, etc.. I'm sure you get my drift lmao, but I have the warranty PLUS another 2 year-extended warranty just because and the extended also covers up to 1000$ in damage no matter what happens... Now that's what I call Customer satisfaction; but what you paid for? Ouch, I feel like that was highway robbery especially when they charged 2 hours labor on a 30 min repair ? All in all I'm glad you're back in the air and enjoying this place we call home for what it is anyway, there's so much destruction going on lately that it's a bit depressing and we need to enjoy the good while it lasts. Stay safe and stay healthy, and NO MORE CRASHING or flying in the house lmao and if you need any help or have questions my door is always open ?
I need camera gimbal assembly

Well, guess what? I crashed it again, but this time outdoors at 15ft! LOL!It's a disaster. Gimbal assembly just totally came off. let me know if you can help! Thanks.

• Sad
Reactions: Ansia
I just bought the EVO and took it out for its maiden flight. I have a Mavic 2 Pro and enjoy flying and gathering video. However, the EVO didn't have that pesky NFZ warning.

So, I took the EVO out of the Rugged box, spread out the legs and removed the gimbal guard. At that moment, the EVO slipped out of my grip and fell on rocky ground on the gimbal/camera. I turned the power on the EVO. The gimbal would continually go through the gimbal setup. It only stopped once I turned it off. I looked for a stuck stone or stick, but there was nothing.

I am so crestfallen. I just spent $1400 for the Rugged Bundle plus several other accessories. I'm bummed! ?
I can only imagine how you feel. Don't be hard on yourself.

I need the gimbal roll motor for evo 2 pro. Impact was pretty light but now there is a little play on the roll motor. I already contacted Autel Europe but still waiting for reply. Been a week already .... Ugh

I would like to share my gimbal experience. It was $130 for the shipping/insurance. The gimbal has an 8k lens. When I say 8k I'm not talking resolution I mean USA boson. Autel never answered there phone you have to email them answered they'll immediately send you a ticket open email. Then 7 days after that they emailed me a form to fill out which I'll include everything in link. Then after form is filled they said they email a rma ticket to put inside the package. I sent it off 3 days later I got an Invoice also included $800. That immediately paid. Next day they shipped it with track. But they sent it ground 3 day. Ok thx.

Kansas Killshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220701-122025_Dropbox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220701-122025_Dropbox.jpg
    862.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220701-121953_Dropbox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220701-121953_Dropbox.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Mine was a 6k camera and got it fixed under warranty. I wouldn't pay $1000 to fix it. I would buy a Mavic air2s instead. I know the camera is weaker compare with E2P, but is bearable. These are ridiculous prices from Autel.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials