Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drone Laws State, National and International 2017

runxtc

Reaction score
I was looking for Virginia drone laws and came across this site. I looked here to see if it has been posted and saw no direct reference to it, so hope I am not repeating info.
Site: Helping Individuals and Businesses Navigate Drone Law
Overview: Ultimate Guide to Drone Laws from a Lawyer & Pilot (2017)
All 50 States: US Drone Laws (2017) – Drone Laws by State
Start Here: Start Here

There is a clickable map to select a state. The author appears to be a lawyer and pilot specializing in Drone Law
I look at this site as a place to get started when I have questions. Looks like the author is pretty well known and has written for major mags and news services.

I am still going through the site.

Last edited:
Thank you for the link, i will print it off, highlight information & keep it with me in case of an officer who thinks the know the laws, yes sometimes we must protect ourselves & property

I fly rec and commercial...for the USA, the way I understand it, ONLY the FAA can regulate air space. No State, municipality, city, county, etc, can regulate the airspace...Any time they try they get shot down in court. In airspace, the FAA regulates UAS under Commercial Part 107, and Recreational Part 101?.... What locals have been doing is regulating the take off and landing, not the actual flying...
The State of Michigan passed a law outlawing local UAS ordinances, and the state law has it that if your in FAA compliance (107 or 101), your legal to fly anywhere in Michigan. arto

Reactions: Clint H

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials