Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Does evo have built in mic?

Jacoatrde20

Reaction score
All my video comes out with no sound. I already checked off mic and camera in app permission

There is no mic. All you would hear is props. If you want to record audio you could do it with your phone or tablet.

Man that’s good. Loved those pauses and great job making it believable. I like that they put a clearly distorting waveform on the computer in the background. Well done.

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
My Syma X8 has a microphone, and it's pretty much the most useless thing ever. The only sound it ever picks up is the noise from the props. You can't even hover near someone and pick up their voice, since the props are too loud. Had to replace the noise with music when editing the videos.

My Syma X8 has a microphone, and it's pretty much the most useless thing ever. The only sound it ever picks up is the noise from the props. You can't even hover near someone and pick up their voice, since the props are too loud. Had to replace the noise with music when editing the videos.
At least you have a choice of using it or not. I got spoiled by the Syma, too! There are times when the prop sound adds to the authenticity of the flight, especially during takeoff and landing.

The sound of the rattling fan in the background (in the GROOVE video) is a nice touch. But on a serious note...a MIC on EVO is NOT a bad idea. I'm used to flying FPV aircraft with a microphone because it always gave important feedback of what the motors are doing. I could tell if something was not sounding right and could head for home or just land before things got worse. There was value in hearing the motor's response to my control. It was an important part of the flying experience.

Reactions: pw_fpv
If my low-cost headphones can amplify people's voices, yet block totally the sound of my gun firing, they should be able to filter out the sound of the propellers and air. In the mean time, DJI lets you describe what you are seeing with the controller and phone. Evo and others should add that to their app also. that one feature forces me into DJI with their stupid geofencing.
I also am waiting for a new controller from Autel as well as the ability to record sound by some method.

If my low-cost headphones can amplify people's voices, yet block totally the sound of my gun firing, they should be able to filter out the sound of the propellers and air. In the mean time, DJI lets you describe what you are seeing with the controller and phone. Evo and others should add that to their app also. that one feature forces me into DJI with their stupid geofencing.
I also am waiting for a new controller from Autel as well as the ability to record sound by some method.
Why don't you just use a screen recorder App? You can get the Audio off of that. Pretty simple to do.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials