Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced vs. Autel EVO II Dual

damn, thats a lot. debating between the EVO 640T or Mavic Advanced, Thoughts?

You can import it. However, realize it uses a non-FLIR sensor & Autel support in US will not be able to help you. You will need to ship it internationally for support.

I also suspect Autel will come out with a Flir 640 Radiometric soon, a lot to do with the DJI blacklist.
Advexure your thoughts? and will you be getting the EVO 640T
As things currently stand, the EVO II Dual 640T will solely be a variant for the Asian market and a couple other markets around the world and will be not be introduced in the US/North America. The 640T uses an InfiRay (sometimes referred to as iRay) which is a Chinese made thermal core.

Autel USA has chosen to partner with FLIR for the EVO II Dual 640 US variant which uses FLIR's Boson core. As of today, Boson does not made a radiometric version of the Boson core, that certainly could change in the future, particularly if Autel pushes FLIR to do so. Not that is matters much, but FLIR no longer OEMs for DJI (nor would they be able to now that DJI is on the US entity list), this could give Autel some clout to push FLIR to work with them on a 640 radiometric core for the EVO II Dual.

You can import it. However, realize it uses a non-FLIR sensor & Autel support in US will not be able to help you. You will need to ship it internationally for support.
100% correct. Autel USA/Autel HQ in Bothell, WA cannot service and support the 640T variant as that is not a product available nor sold in NA.

damn, thats a lot. debating between the EVO 640T or Mavic Advanced, Thoughts?
I'd say it all depends on your use cases, and assuming you're using it commercially, what types of customers/sites you are flying for/on, and whether the timeline for the DJI M2EA fits your business's 2021 timeline.

There's no doubt the M2EA looks great on paper and we are our base our excited for it to arrive (~April), but:
  1. Will a DJI solution be a weakness for your business?
  2. Can you wait until ~April to procure the aircraft?
  3. Are you happy with a non-US / non-FLIR platform?
  4. Lastly, does its (likely) lower cost offset any M2EA cons and EV2D pros foregone?

I'd say it all depends on your use cases, and assuming you're using it commercially, what types of customers/sites you are flying for/on, and whether the timeline for the DJI M2EA fits your business's 2021 timeline.

There's no doubt the M2EA looks great on paper and we are our base our excited for it to arrive (~April), but:
  1. Will a DJI solution be a weakness for your business?
  2. Can you wait until ~April to procure the aircraft?
  3. Are you happy with a non-US / non-FLIR platform?
  4. Lastly, does its (likely) lower cost offset any M2EA cons and EV2D pros foregone?
1. Yes a DJI drone might hurt me in government work.
2. Yes I can wait.
3. I do not know enough info about the non-Flir EVO.
4. Cost is not the biggest concern if you look at my site buildingamerica702.com - I do mostly Construction and Inspection work. No search and rescue. I do not have my
thermal cert as of yet, but from people I have talked to and things I have read, a radiometric thermal is a must in the Construction and Inspection Industry. Your thoughts Please
on a non-radiometric in the Construction, Industrial, Inspection world? I know Flir is the best in the USA. I also still have a lot to learn, and will be taking thermal classes soon.

From what I've read, the M2EA has a pretty good RGB. Neither Evo2 & EVO2Dual or M2EA has a mechanical shutter, making none of them more suited to mapping... I'd say similar. I'll wait to see the final M2EA product to evaluate. The M2ED does have a very disappointing RGB control and adjustable features... the RGB was good but ability to control in SW was poor. Hopefully the RGB on M2EA will be include more camera control features.

Not sure the RGB on the EVO2 Dual is any better... at the proposed price of a possible EVO2 640T Full Radiometric 640... can purchase an M2EA Full Radiometric 640 and a M2P with enough cash left over to purchase the Zoom gimbal too.

Correct the RTK is intended for stability in areas of magnetic or power lines... similar to the RTK on M600Pro and I believe M210.

Although at this stage of EVO2 RTK vapor ware, we're not even sure how it's RTK will perform.

Although that doesn't make it a bad mapping platform. RTK provides earth point to image point and if large enough ground survey helps with flatening curvature. The RTK doesn't change the photogrammetry images, DEM & ability to obtain accurate volumetrics, and if needing to improve image alignment, a few GCP laid out provide. Not many truly need RTK for most requested mapping missions.

In addition, the ability capture RTK trigger points from any RTK unit is possible with updates or 3rd party add-on. In addition, both the M2EA and EVO2 can most likely obtain a PPK add-on, I know the M2 series can.

From previous comments, I assume the 640T won't be a reality anytime soon. The M2EA is underway to soon reach market. If 640 Full Radiometric in a small platform is desired, currently 1 option with certainty.

With the smart controller thats a pretty good deal. I have the Evo 2 Dual and outside of Geo fencing and battery life the price of this Mavic seems appealing. The Evo Controller is hogwash too.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced pricing was made available to our team by DJI today and is listed in the first post on this thread.
To understand, the M2EA @ $6240... less RTK unit. Is that for the Kit... similar to M2ED kit, heated batteries, attachments, etc. or the base platform, RC & 1 battery?

For a 640x512 Thermal X16 zoom, that's pretty nice price. I forget, was this full radiometric or had a tool set to perform Post Dx?

Haven't been able to find, regarding the RGB. The M2ED had a limited RGB, non adj aperture or no manual control adjustments.

Does this higher end 48meg RGB gain any additional features, more line the M2P adjustments?

Any ballpark price on RTK add-on Kit?

To understand, the M2EA @ $6240... less RTK unit. Is that for the Kit... similar to M2ED kit, heated batteries, attachments, etc. or the base platform, RC & 1 battery?

For a 640x512 Thermal X16 zoom, that's pretty nice price. I forget, was this full radiometric or had a tool set to perform Post Dx?

Haven't been able to find, regarding the RGB. The M2ED had a limited RGB, non adj aperture or no manual control adjustments.

Does this higher end 48meg RGB gain any additional features, more line the M2P adjustments?

Any ballpark price on RTK add-on Kit?
@advexure checking if any response to above question?
Thanks

@advexure checking if any response to above question?
Thanks
Correct, kit configuration of the M2EA will be similar to the M2ED/M2EZ kit with Smart Controller (aircraft, RC, battery, case, speaker, spotlight, beacon, etc).

DJI Thermal Analysis tool is used for radiometric processing.

Pricing on the RTK add-on module is not yet available.

Will have to get some further answers from our team and DJI regarding camera adjustments, etc for the visual/RGB camera.

Correct, kit configuration of the M2EA will be similar to the M2ED/M2EZ kit with Smart Controller (aircraft, RC, battery, case, speaker, spotlight, beacon, etc).

Will have to get some further answers from our team and DJI regarding camera adjustments, etc for the visual/RGB camera.
So the $6240 is for the kit? I may be confused... the kit had 1 or 3 batteries... was there a fly-more add on or was the kit including the fly more extra?

Thanks for the RTK additional info too.

I'm curious what you learn on the RGB abilities and RTK when you receive. Looking to be a great setup for $7K.

Meant to include... uses DJI Thermal tool. Is this considered to be full radiometric then or the tool looks at more broad area of points or is it per point like full radiometric?

I love seeing more competition in the 640x512 space - it will drive down cost and drive up quality. The biggest disadvantage of the current Blue UAS manufactures is the lack of a 640x512 thermal sensor. We are very happy with our E2D Boson sensors here in Austin - we have 3 E2D in our fleet. We decided to spend our money on 3 smaller aircraft - rather than 1 M300. It was a good choice for us!

One huge selling point for us is the customer service from Autel. Their enterprise support has been top notch for us.

So the $6240 is for the kit? I may be confused... the kit had 1 or 3 batteries... was there a fly-more add on or was the kit including the fly more extra?

Thanks for the RTK additional info too.

I'm curious what you learn on the RGB abilities and RTK when you receive. Looking to be a great setup for $7K.
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced comes with one (1) battery. Fly More Kits for the M2E have always been separate and come with two (2) batteries.

Meant to include... uses DJI Thermal tool. Is this considered to be full radiometric then or the tool looks at more broad area of points or is it per point like full radiometric?
Our team is waiting on our M2EA demo units and the DJI TAT (Thermal Analysis Tool) updates to confirm but 99% sure full radiometric just like H20T.

I love seeing more competition in the 640x512 space - it will drive down cost and drive up quality. The biggest disadvantage of the current Blue UAS manufactures is the lack of a 640x512 thermal sensor. We are very happy with our E2D Boson sensors here in Austin - we have 3 E2D in our fleet. We decided to spend our money on 3 smaller aircraft - rather than 1 M300. It was a good choice for us!

One huge selling point for us is the customer service from Autel. Their enterprise support has been top notch for us.
We couldn't agree more. As you know, with today's options for 640 thermal it is hard for an agency to commit to the Blue UAS platforms simply due to no 640 option on any of these aircraft (maybe soon for the Vantage Vesper, and Teal Golden Eagle). But, many new programs are being heavily steered to Blue UAS options by the politics surrounding DJI.

We've been seeing that route to be quite common lately with our partner agencies opting for wider fleets of smaller systems versus some of the larger systems. Especially with you Texas agencies!

Safe flying @AdamJ1555 :cool:

advance has everything the evo 2 thermal rtk has, but at a much better price point

I am very glad you guys like your new fleet of Evo 2 Duals.

I am over in NJ and our Office of Emergency Management has a small fleet of aircraft (With a large set of goals), and we just received out Evo 2 Dual this week. Can't wait to start training on the aircraft. So far just picking it up, it feels as solid as a rock. We're just waiting for FAA registration as well as insurance, so hopefully we will start flying her on Tuesday.

Also its good to know that if we have to use Customer Service, Autel is responsive.

Reactions: advexure

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials