Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced vs. Autel EVO II Dual

The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced is now released. We've already been receiving a lot of questions this morning on how we believe this new aircraft stacks up against the Autel EVO II Dual. At the time of this post, DJI has not yet released pricing on the new M2EA, so therefore we'll stick to comparing the feature sets with the below high level takeaways with a simple list of areas these two platforms where one platform excels over the other.

Autel EVO II Dual > DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced​

• Interchangeable Payloads/Cameras – It appears that there will be no upgrade path forward for Mavic 2 Enterprise (Dual) owners to upgrade to the M2EA camera payload.
  • Made in the USA – This is incredibly important for Advexure's gov't customers, public safety, or any private entity/company that contracts with state and federal entities as a service provider. While the EVO II Dual is not on the Blue UAS list, it has checked the box for many customer requirements with it's FTC certification for Made in the USA (more info here)
  • No Geofencing – Autel's system does impose geofencing and restricted flight areas, which allows you as the certified operator to determine compliancy with regulations and fly where and when you want without unlocks from the manufacturer.
  • Flight Time – We expect that once we get a better understanding from real-world experience with the M2EA, we anticipate the EVO II Dual to be slight superior in terms of its flight time.
  • FLIR Thermal Camera – Autel partnered with FLIR, the most well-known name in the thermal imaging infrared camera space to create the EVO II Dual by using FLIR's Boson core in an OEM partnership. The sUAS industry knows, loves and relies on FLIR (a US company) for IR needs.

DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced > Autel EVO II Dual​

• Add-On Modules – Public safety, search and rescue, inspection, and many other applications have come to love the add-on modules for the DJI M2E series (except the Beacon). While the EVO II Dual does come with it's FoxFury Lighting System, most users love the integration of these add-on modules that can be remotely controlled from the DJI Pilot app. It would certainly be likely to see DJI further leverage their add-on module capability with other modules in the near future.
  • RTK Capability – DJI introduced the RTK add-on module which brings the ability to achieve centimeter accuracy through the use of an NTRIP network on the M2EA. This is incredibly important for inspection users and particularly the utility/energy field.
  • Cross Fleet Interoperability – The DJI M2EA uses DJI's Smart Controller which is cross compatible across the Mavic 2 Enterprise, Mavic 2, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, and Mavic Air 2 series. For operators and users that operate multiple DJI aircraft, the cross compatibility aspect is certainly beneficial.
  • Price – We said we'd stick to the feature sets in this comparison list but must make a note about price (even though pricing is not yet available on the M2EA at the time of this post). We expect the M2EA to price under the EVO II Dual.
More information on both of these platforms can be found on the Advexure website. What are your thoughts between the Autel EVO II Dual and DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced? We want to hear your takeaways!

View attachment 9325

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1608099763014.jpg
    FB_IMG_1608099763014.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 19
The price has been provided to me by an official distributor, but all that glitters is not gold, the rtk module of the mavic dual advanced is only for precise flight, it would not work for photogrammetry, it does not have time sync, the rtk module of the evo 2 dual enterprise, it will have time sync.
Thanks, will like to see USA cost.

RTK for position is correct, it's like the M600Pro RTK... focused on compass replacement around high magnetic areas. Although a new module could be released, similar to M210... can get either RTK units I believe.

As long as it's collecting accurate GPS, there's potential to add functionality. I believe current module with a little effort can be used with a few PPK systems. I read somewhere or heard from a reviewer, that the RTK may be expanded on.

The Autel is currently "vapor" until it shows up in USA... and that may or may not occur.

Reactions: advexure
The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced is now released. We've already been receiving a lot of questions this morning on how we believe this new aircraft stacks up against the Autel EVO II Dual. At the time of this post, DJI has not yet released pricing on the new M2EA, so therefore we'll stick to comparing the feature sets with the below high level takeaways with a simple list of areas these two platforms where one platform excels over the other.

Autel EVO II Dual > DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced​

• Interchangeable Payloads/Cameras – It appears that there will be no upgrade path forward for Mavic 2 Enterprise (Dual) owners to upgrade to the M2EA camera payload.
  • Made in the USA – This is incredibly important for Advexure's gov't customers, public safety, or any private entity/company that contracts with state and federal entities as a service provider. While the EVO II Dual is not on the Blue UAS list, it has checked the box for many customer requirements with it's FTC certification for Made in the USA (more info here)
  • No Geofencing – Autel's system does impose geofencing and restricted flight areas, which allows you as the certified operator to determine compliancy with regulations and fly where and when you want without unlocks from the manufacturer.
  • Flight Time – We expect that once we get a better understanding from real-world experience with the M2EA, we anticipate the EVO II Dual to be slight superior in terms of its flight time.
  • FLIR Thermal Camera – Autel partnered with FLIR, the most well-known name in the thermal imaging infrared camera space to create the EVO II Dual by using FLIR's Boson core in an OEM partnership. The sUAS industry knows, loves and relies on FLIR (a US company) for IR needs.

DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced > Autel EVO II Dual​

• Add-On Modules – Public safety, search and rescue, inspection, and many other applications have come to love the add-on modules for the DJI M2E series (except the Beacon). While the EVO II Dual does come with it's FoxFury Lighting System, most users love the integration of these add-on modules that can be remotely controlled from the DJI Pilot app. It would certainly be likely to see DJI further leverage their add-on module capability with other modules in the near future.
  • RTK Capability – DJI introduced the RTK add-on module which brings the ability to achieve centimeter accuracy through the use of an NTRIP network on the M2EA. This is incredibly important for inspection users and particularly the utility/energy field.
  • Cross Fleet Interoperability – The DJI M2EA uses DJI's Smart Controller which is cross compatible across the Mavic 2 Enterprise, Mavic 2, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, and Mavic Air 2 series. For operators and users that operate multiple DJI aircraft, the cross compatibility aspect is certainly beneficial.
  • Price – We said we'd stick to the feature sets in this comparison list but must make a note about price (even though pricing is not yet available on the M2EA at the time of this post). We expect the M2EA to price under the EVO II Dual.
More information on both of these platforms can be found on the Advexure website. What are your thoughts between the Autel EVO II Dual and DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced? We want to hear your takeaways!

View attachment 9325
This sentence doesnt make sense to me??? No Geofencing – Autel's system does impose geofencing and restricted flight areas, which allows you as the certified operator to determine compliancy with regulations and fly where and when you want without unlocks from the manufacturer.

This sentence doesnt make sense to me??? No Geofencing – Autel's system does impose geofencing and restricted flight areas, which allows you as the certified operator to determine compliancy with regulations and fly where and when you want without unlocks from the manufacturer.
Our apologies, looks like we had a typo in that post. It should read, "No Geofencing – Autel's system does not impose geofencing and restricted flight areas, which allows you as the certified operator to determine compliancy with regulations and fly where and when you want without unlocks from the manufacturer.

Our apologies, looks like we had a typo in that post. It should read, "No Geofencing – Autel's system does not impose geofencing and restricted flight areas, which allows you as the certified operator to determine compliancy with regulations and fly where and when you want without unlocks from the manufacturer.
I'm curious if anyone has found a way to turn it off on A Mavic 2 Pro?? Sometimes I just need to go up as high as a telephone pole and I cant do it.

I'm curious if anyone has found a way to turn it off on A Mavic 2 Pro?? Sometimes I just need to go up as high as a telephone pole and I cant do it.

If you have the flight authorizations and the flight is compliant with FAA regulations, you can submit a self unlocking or custom unlocking request with DJI FlySafe here. Please raise this question on the MavicPilots forum if you have further questions on this subject so that we keep this thread on subject/topic.

Reactions: PingSpike
It's relatively quick to unlock on tablet at time of flight; I think the key is that you need to have a credit card on DJI File to quickly process. Those that avoid that step, have a little more difficult time. See ya on the Mavic Site.

I may be getting the best of both worlds, so to speak.
When they announced the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced we put a hold on our order for an Autel Evo 2 Pro, with plans to buy the Dual gimbal early next year.
Now after the news of the "blacklist", my boss said to just buy the Evo 2 Dual "Made in the USA" bundle.

For my own personal little "shop", I am still leaning hard towards the Mavic 2 EA as I love my Mavic 2 Enterprise and with the batteries being interchangeable and the drone's capabilities and possible lower price,I think it makes sense for me.

I still want to learn more about why they were blacklisted and if this could somehow affect Remote ID. If you really want to end DJI in the USA make it so they cannot participate in Remote ID ever. Only speculation, but for me this is a good deal of coin.

cegio, have you tried the dual controller function yet, and if so what is your opinion? I really do like this aspect and this could have big implications for use at my real job.

Reactions: cegio
If you have the flight authorizations and the flight is compliant with FAA regulations, you can submit a self unlocking or custom unlocking request with DJI FlySafe here. Please raise this question on the MavicPilots forum if you have further questions on this subject so that we keep this thread on subject/topic.
Any chance on the thermal version they will have a way to generally get rid of geofencing?... last thing I want to encounter is going to a special circumstance, like flying a job in conjunction with fire fighters or doing something very near or at an airport for instance, and be ham strung by a no fly zone. (all with authorization of course) The other is the height limit. We have radio/TV towers here that are 2100 ft AGL that would certainly benefit from drone inspections. Even recreational flying I find the 500 meter height limit a big issue when I fly canyons and mountains in Utah and Arizona. (never above 400 ft AGL)

Any chance on the thermal version they will have a way to generally get rid of geofencing?... last thing I want to encounter is going to a special circumstance, like flying a job in conjunction with fire fighters or doing something very near or at an airport for instance, and be ham strung by a no fly zone. (all with authorization of course) The other is the height limit. We have radio/TV towers here that are 2100 ft AGL that would certainly benefit from drone inspections. Even recreational flying I find the 500 meter height limit a big issue when I fly canyons and mountains in Utah and Arizona. (never above 400 ft AGL)

I wouldn't expect that anything will change with the M2E Advanced in terms of FlySafe unlocks. This has always been the same for all DJI Enterprise systems. DJI is however working on opening the QEP (Qualified Entities Program) to enterprise customers outside of public safety. More information on DJI's QEP program here for those that are not familiar. Hopefully we will see this become available in 2021. For a job like flying in conjunction with a fire department, that is something that can be unlocked via QEP. The department would simply provide a letter that you would include with your QEP app. This is currently very common with all of the private/public partnerships that take place between service providers that contract with public safety entities. Same goes for operations that occur on an airfield or at an airport. We've seen applicants accommodate apps with a letter of authorization from the airport manager confirming that the applicant is involved in airport operations.

As for height limits, certainly agree with all points mentioned.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
I may be getting the best of both worlds, so to speak.
When they announced the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced we put a hold on our order for an Autel Evo 2 Pro, with plans to buy the Dual gimbal early next year.
Now after the news of the "blacklist", my boss said to just buy the Evo 2 Dual "Made in the USA" bundle.

For my own personal little "shop", I am still leaning hard towards the Mavic 2 EA as I love my Mavic 2 Enterprise and with the batteries being interchangeable and the drone's capabilities and possible lower price,I think it makes sense for me.

I still want to learn more about why they were blacklisted and if this could somehow affect Remote ID. If you really want to end DJI in the USA make it so they cannot participate in Remote ID ever. Only speculation, but for me this is a good deal of coin.

cegio, have you tried the dual controller function yet, and if so what is your opinion? I really do like this aspect and this could have big implications for use at my real job.
No, I only have a remote control and right now between work and weather conditions, I don't have much time to fly

Will we be able to buy this in the US or have it shipped to the US? As far as the RTK on the Mavic advanced it's not a photogrammetry drone, and won't produce good maps. And what is the cost of the EVO 640T?

Attachments

• EVO 640T.png
    EVO 640T.png
    682 KB · Views: 3
I also suspect Autel will come out with a Flir 640 Radiometric soon, a lot to do with the DJI blacklist.
Advexure your thoughts? and will you be getting the EVO 640T

Will we be able to buy this in the US or have it shipped to the US? As far as the RTK on the Mavic advanced it's not a photogrammetry drone, and won't produce good maps. And what is the cost of the EVO 640T?
the evo 2 dual radiometric costs € 9,900 in Europe.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga