Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced vs. Autel EVO II Dual

stealth2k15

Reaction score
You can import it. However, realize it uses a non-FLIR sensor & Autel support in US will not be able to help you. You will need to ship it internationally for support.

advexure

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
advexure.com
I also suspect Autel will come out with a Flir 640 Radiometric soon, a lot to do with the DJI blacklist.
Advexure your thoughts? and will you be getting the EVO 640T
As things currently stand, the EVO II Dual 640T will solely be a variant for the Asian market and a couple other markets around the world and will be not be introduced in the US/North America. The 640T uses an InfiRay (sometimes referred to as iRay) which is a Chinese made thermal core.

Autel USA has chosen to partner with FLIR for the EVO II Dual 640 US variant which uses FLIR's Boson core. As of today, Boson does not made a radiometric version of the Boson core, that certainly could change in the future, particularly if Autel pushes FLIR to do so. Not that is matters much, but FLIR no longer OEMs for DJI (nor would they be able to now that DJI is on the US entity list), this could give Autel some clout to push FLIR to work with them on a 640 radiometric core for the EVO II Dual.

You can import it. However, realize it uses a non-FLIR sensor & Autel support in US will not be able to help you. You will need to ship it internationally for support.
100% correct. Autel USA/Autel HQ in Bothell, WA cannot service and support the 640T variant as that is not a product available nor sold in NA.

advexure

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
advexure.com
damn, thats a lot. debating between the EVO 640T or Mavic Advanced, Thoughts?
I'd say it all depends on your use cases, and assuming you're using it commercially, what types of customers/sites you are flying for/on, and whether the timeline for the DJI M2EA fits your business's 2021 timeline.

There's no doubt the M2EA looks great on paper and we are our base our excited for it to arrive (~April), but:
  1. Will a DJI solution be a weakness for your business?
  2. Can you wait until ~April to procure the aircraft?
  3. Are you happy with a non-US / non-FLIR platform?
  4. Lastly, does its (likely) lower cost offset any M2EA cons and EV2D pros foregone?

jmason702

Reaction score
I'd say it all depends on your use cases, and assuming you're using it commercially, what types of customers/sites you are flying for/on, and whether the timeline for the DJI M2EA fits your business's 2021 timeline.

There's no doubt the M2EA looks great on paper and we are our base our excited for it to arrive (~April), but:
  1. Will a DJI solution be a weakness for your business?
  2. Can you wait until ~April to procure the aircraft?
  3. Are you happy with a non-US / non-FLIR platform?
  4. Lastly, does its (likely) lower cost offset any M2EA cons and EV2D pros foregone?
1. Yes a DJI drone might hurt me in government work.
2. Yes I can wait.
3. I do not know enough info about the non-Flir EVO.
4. Cost is not the biggest concern if you look at my site buildingamerica702.com - I do mostly Construction and Inspection work. No search and rescue. I do not have my
thermal cert as of yet, but from people I have talked to and things I have read, a radiometric thermal is a must in the Construction and Inspection Industry. Your thoughts Please
on a non-radiometric in the Construction, Industrial, Inspection world? I know Flir is the best in the USA. I also still have a lot to learn, and will be taking thermal classes soon.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRP