Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI-Like aggresive braking

AstroNoot

Reaction score
Hello guys! Beeing a DJI/FIMI pilot until recently, I decided to spend my hard earned student money, to buy myself an Evo 2.

Every DJI Mavic drone, and the FIMI X8 SE 2020, got an aggresive braking feature you can use to stop the drone faster, to avoid any collisions, You can toggle this by short pressing the takeoff/landing button and the drone comes to a sudden stop, in less than 50cm, even from full speed.

This saved me from a crash into some wires that i did not see until the last moment, with the FIMI X8 (which has no OA).

I tried using the same button with the Autel, but it seems that there is no such function.

I know you can slow down by trying to pull the right stick in the opposite direction, but it decelerates the same way it does when you let go of the stick.

Does anyone know if there's other way I can stop way faster in case of emergency?

P.S: Yeah, I know, it's an Evo 2. It's more aware of the enviroment than I am, with all those sensors, but it's good to know I can stop fast without relying on the sensors

Hello guys! Beeing a DJI/FIMI pilot until recently, I decided to spend my hard earned student money, to buy myself an Evo 2.

Every DJI Mavic drone, and the FIMI X8 SE 2020, got an aggresive braking feature you can use to stop the drone faster, to avoid any collisions, You can toggle this by short pressing the takeoff/landing button and the drone comes to a sudden stop, in less than 50cm, even from full speed.

This saved me from a crash into some wires that i did not see until the last moment, with the FIMI X8 (which has no OA).

I tried using the same button with the Autel, but it seems that there is no such function.

I know you can slow down by trying to pull the right stick in the opposite direction, but it decelerates the same way it does when you let go of the stick.

Does anyone know if there's other way I can stop way faster in case of emergency?

P.S: Yeah, I know, it's an Evo 2. It's more aware of the enviroment than I am, with all those sensors, but it's good to know I can stop fast without relying on the sensors
If you can change the EXP Settings on that model you can - do not know about that model, let me know if that works. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
AutelEvo2 is a heavy drone. Good luck with that. All I know is to pull the stick backwards. Even with DJI, pulling the stick backwards seems to make it stop almost as fast as what you described. The EVO2 certainly won't stop as fast. Even if it did have a feature as you described, it's so heavy the props might break. LOL.

Then explain to me how the drone can brake like that in dynamic track?

It does exactly what I want, when faced against an obstacle that appears out of nowhere

Then explain to me how the drone can brake like that in dynamic track?

It does exactly what I want, when faced against an obstacle that appears out of nowhere
I have both the 6k and 8k drones. They are awesome. I rarely use obstacle avoidance or dynamic track. You would know more about it than me. I'll have to try dynamic track and see what it does when confronted with an obstacle as compared to just pulling the stick back. Interesting.

¡Hola, chicos! Siendo piloto de DJI / FIMI hasta hace poco, decidí gastar el dinero de mi estudiante ganado con tanto esfuerzo para comprarme un Evo 2.

Cada dron DJI Mavic y el FIMI X8 SE 2020 tienen una función de frenado agresivo que puede usar para detener el dron más rápido, para evitar colisiones.Puede alternar esto presionando brevemente el botón de despegue / aterrizaje y el dron se activa de repente. detenerse, en menos de 50 cm, incluso a máxima velocidad.

Esto me salvó de un choque con algunos cables que no vi hasta el último momento, con el FIMI X8 (que no tiene OA).

Intenté usar el mismo botón con el Autel, pero parece que no existe tal función.

Sé que puedes reducir la velocidad tratando de tirar del joystick derecho en la dirección opuesta, pero desacelera de la misma manera que lo hace cuando sueltas el joystick.

¿Alguien sabe si hay otra forma de detenerme más rápido en caso de emergencia?

PD: Sí, lo sé, es un Evo 2. Es más consciente del medio ambiente que yo, con todos esos sensores, pero es bueno saber que puedo detenerme rápido sin depender de los sensores.
No tiene función de parada de emergencia en un botón. Pero se lo aseguro porque hice la prueba de que sus sensores harán que la nave se detenga. Volé mi Evo 2 Pro contra una pared de roca a 20 millas por hora y a unos 15 pies de la pared se detuvo sin problemas. Tomé ese riesgo pero quería hacer la prueba para saber qué tengo en alguna situación inesperada.

No tiene función de parada de emergencia en un botón. Pero se lo aseguro porque hice la prueba de que sus sensores harán que la nave se detenga. Volé mi Evo 2 Pro contra una pared de roca a 20 millas por hora y a unos 15 pies de la pared se detuvo sin problemas. Tomé ese riesgo pero quería hacer la prueba para saber qué tengo en alguna situación inesperada.
Thank you!

That's great to hear! I think I'll just trust the software to "take the wheel" in case of anything, haha.

Thank you!

That's great to hear! I think I'll just trust the software to "take the wheel" in case of anything, haha.
The sensors work great but what you are describing is not how the EII doe it, it will slow down then break there is no sudden emergency on a dime stop as lets say the DJI FPV drone does. as said before it is heavy, physics will not agree with a sudden stop on this one. I do however say that it will stop in time when faced with an obstacle.

Reactions: UasDriver
The Evo II reacts quickly and aggressively to gusts to stay in one place as anyone who's listened to it hovering nearby on a windy day can attest. Personally, I haven't pushed it around so aggressively because I bought a $1400 drone, not a $400 one (Fimi X8 SE 2020) so that I could film in a pleasing cinematic way, and I'd like it to last and not fall out of the sky prematurely from subjecting it to severe aerodynamic stresses. In other words, for me, slowing down the control responses has been more useful than speeding them up. That said, you're free to experiment with EXP/Sensitivity settings (Settings>Flight Control>Advanced Settings>EXP/Sensitivity). You can ramp up the stick response around center somewhat by pulling the EXP curve up to .7 on the Forward/Backwards and Right/Left stick panes. There is a setting for 200% of normal braking under Sensitivity. Heck, you can even fly with the Obstacle Avoidance shut off and Ludicrous Mode set to a top speed of 44 MPH if you like. It can be configured to fly relatively twitchy and fast in Ludicrous Mode; but it's a camera drone design, not a racing drone. You'd be well advised not to take off and land while standing as near to it with Obstacle Avoidance off, as you might have become accustomed to with it engaged, at least the first few times

Last edited:
Reactions: Ram

I am with everyone else...I simply do not need that feature because I carefully plan my flight trajectory and bought it for filming vs. sudden maneuvers. I've been flying DJI drones since 2014 for professional work and have never needed to stop that suddenly and I've flown all over the world.

The OA on the EVO II is very aggressive already, to the point of being unusable when trying to fly or land in tighter spaces, with it on I don't think stopping suddenly will be a problem if needed.

Reactions: UasDriver

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d