Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dead battery resurrected?

Old Bama Dude

Reaction score
Since I already had it open up, I connected a 12v power supply directly across the positive and negative terminals and now it appears to be charging. Only thing different is that I hear the fan kicking on and off, which I've never hear before. maybe because it was sho-nuff dead. So, anywho, I'll let you know if it actually charges up. Fingers and toes crossed.

Battery chg.wmv

Last edited:
Charger cut off as if it was charged, but not turning on and off like it should, feels warm and looks a little swollen. Don't look like it's gonna make it.

Charger cut off as if it was charged, but not turning on and off like it should, feels warm and looks a little swollen. Don't look like it's gonna make it.

Swelling lipo is not good, just to be safe I would immediately place it outside, preferably in a round 55 gal. container:D

This time of the year it will be warm. Being a bit buffy is not all that bad. Through it into the X-star and get some readings. I have one battery that is buffy and fly it almost everyday. It was one that Autel replaced because of a bad cell. The cell can go anywhere from point 5 to point 2 difference depending on the charge of the battery.

LOL Hell this man cut the dam thing apart with a saw, do you think he is scared of a little puffy battery :)

And sadly.......that's the last anyone has heard of Old Bama Dude:eek::rolleyes:o_O

Seriously......a puffed lipo is not abnormal unless the cell voltages vary by .5v or so.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials