Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Charger will not charge battery

Katbird817

Reaction score
I bought a used Autel Xstar premium drone. When I plug up the remote into its charging side it charges fine, but when I plug up the battery into its side it won’t charge. The little green light that is supposed to come below the fan isn’t coming on either. It’s almost like the battery charging side of the charger isn’t getting power, but the remote control side is. Has anyone seen this before? I have tried using a different outlet. I have unplugged from the remote and still nothing. I don’t know why one side of the charger would be getting power but the other side isn’t.

Attachments

• F51D2A9A-2011-4BFB-921B-40FE68D6DCE9.jpeg
    F51D2A9A-2011-4BFB-921B-40FE68D6DCE9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
Are you sure it's not the battery? They are getting long in the tooth and scarce to find these days.

I bought a used Autel Xstar premium drone. When I plug up the remote into its charging side it charges fine, but when I plug up the battery into its side it won’t charge. The little green light that is supposed to come below the fan isn’t coming on either. It’s almost like the battery charging side of the charger isn’t getting power, but the remote control side is. Has anyone seen this before? I have tried using a different outlet. I have unplugged from the remote and still nothing. I don’t know why one side of the charger would be getting power but the other side isn’t.
i have the same issue, apparently the issue stems from the battery sitting for so long to fully lose its charge to the point that the charger cant pick up the battery and charge it because it thinks the battery is dead, you have to jump start the battery before using the charger and then it should charge fine, i havent done mine as there isnt much information on how to do this

Jump starting the battery isn't a fix. After a charge or 2 you wind up with a drone falling from the sky. There are numerous reasons for this. Firstly the cells are damaged from being discharged for too long and too low. Secondly, the BMS on the battery knows this and downgrades the capacity and life timers. You need to rebuild the pack unless you get lucky to just have a battery that managed not to sit too long.
In rebuilding the battery you now need a chip and software to reprogram the battery because even with a new battery wired exactly right, the BMS once again wins by saying the battery is old. Autel may not even know this information and the manufacturer of the battery Autel partnered with is gone. So, yeah anyone buying or owning an x-star is on their own. I am close to building a usable battery as I have what is needed but coding is required so it's probably a waste of time. It is a fun challenge however.

If you have non bloated dead or alive batteries you want to contribute to my testing just send me a message. I screwed up plenty with my testing lol.

Jump starting the battery isn't a fix. After a charge or 2 you wind up with a drone falling from the sky. There are numerous reasons for this. Firstly the cells are damaged from being discharged for too long and too low. Secondly, the BMS on the battery knows this and downgrades the capacity and life timers. You need to rebuild the pack unless you get lucky to just have a battery that managed not to sit too long.
In rebuilding the battery you now need a chip and software to reprogram the battery because even with a new battery wired exactly right, the BMS once again wins by saying the battery is old. Autel may not even know this information and the manufacturer of the battery Autel partnered with is gone. So, yeah anyone buying or owning an x-star is on their own. I am close to building a usable battery as I have what is needed but coding is required so it's probably a waste of time. It is a fun challenge however.
Did you have any luck with the battery rebuild ?

Did you have any luck with the battery rebuild ?
Only in changing the battery itself and using the old BMS board. I found that using a much larger capacity will allow proper flight and readings. But you are limited to a 10 to 15 minute flight depending on the bms condition. Anything smaller or different voltage will generally cause low battery once you hit 2 solid lights.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials