Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flight Log Ghosting

bedellrt

Reaction score
I recently bought an EVO II RTK Pro V3. I went though the firmware updates for all of the associated devices. After registering the drone with the FAA. I prepared for my first flight. Like a kid in New England, who got a new bike for Christmas, with a recent snow fall of about 10 inches, I waited for the first opportunity to fly.

I tried to log into the Autel Explorer App in the smart controller. I got an error message the the email or password was invalid. Ok, I’m human and we are all fallible, so I thought I entered the wrong password. I clicked “Forgot Password.” they sent me a link to reset my password. I got the same error message. I tried three more times, knowing the email address was correct, no luck.

I deleted the app, reinstalled, and tried again, thinking it may have been a glitch in the updated firmware, not luck. I updated the firmware again and tried again, no luck.

I called Autel Support and they told me to do all of the things I tried, which is logical. They said they escalated the issue. In the mean time, I have a nearly $4K drone, that I have to manually track flight data. I am far from impressed.

My perception of Autel, up until now, is they produce devices with a lot of features but fail to produce all of the literature to explain how to use all of the wazu features. For example, they advertise the EVO II V3 is compatible with PIX4D and Skyebrowse but have no literature explaining how to use these apps. Another phone call tells me to download the APK file on the controller. There are no instructions explaining how to do this properly. Which PIX4D apps are required and do you have to purchase PIX4D to create 3D Othomosaics?

I recently bought an EVO II RTK Pro V3. I went though the firmware updates for all of the associated devices. After registering the drone with the FAA. I prepared for my first flight. Like a kid in New England, who got a new bike for Christmas, with a recent snow fall of about 10 inches, I waited for the first opportunity to fly.

I tried to log into the Autel Explorer App in the smart controller. I got an error message the the email or password was invalid. Ok, I’m human and we are all fallible, so I thought I entered the wrong password. I clicked “Forgot Password.” they sent me a link to reset my password. I got the same error message. I tried three more times, knowing the email address was correct, no luck.

I deleted the app, reinstalled, and tried again, thinking it may have been a glitch in the updated firmware, not luck. I updated the firmware again and tried again, no luck.

I called Autel Support and they told me to do all of the things I tried, which is logical. They said they escalated the issue. In the mean time, I have a nearly $4K drone, that I have to manually track flight data. I am far from impressed.

My perception of Autel, up until now, is they produce devices with a lot of features but fail to produce all of the literature to explain how to use all of the wazu features. For example, they advertise the EVO II V3 is compatible with PIX4D and Skyebrowse but have no literature explaining how to use these apps. Another phone call tells me to download the APK file on the controller. There are no instructions explaining how to do this properly. Which PIX4D apps are required and do you have to purchase PIX4D to create 3D Othomosaics?
I'm sure you made sure that you were connected to the internet, right?

I'm sure you made sure that you were connected to the internet, right?
I'm sure, seeing I am in a Doctoral Program for Cybersecurity, that wasn't the issue. Also, seeing I said I updated the firmware for all of the devices, that wasn't the issue.

I'm sure, seeing I am in a Doctoral Program for Cybersecurity

Even the smartest people in the world can make mistakes. Education aside, I was simply asking. I'm not sure why you posted your problem if you were not wanting suggestions.
It is doubtful that anyone from Autel reads these Threads. Even if they do, they would most likely cover what you have already tried.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy