Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Curved Horizon?

Hey Blue Bird, thanks, nice to meet you. I'm not so sure it's a meeting the specs of DJI as you put it, Autel made a choice in FOV for who knows what reason (supply, cost, wanting to offer something different than leading competition or even their opinion on majority desire), their initial cam choice works better for my landscape shooting, but not you and those you're representing, at the same time though, if Autel chose a 94 FOV, I would not have been disappointed that they didn't initially offer a 108 FOV. A big part of choosing the XSP for me was the modular, user friendly options they were purporting to be releasing while not taking repairs and etc. out of the hands of the users, so I went into it figuring I may wind up with as much as 3 cam choices to slip on before flight.

With the exception of a simple light meter that was recently squared away here on the P3P/P4 vs. XSP and a manufacturer choice of FOV for the cam, idk what other specs you say Autel needs to catch up with. Please let me know where they're behind and need to meet up, I'm always looking for info while I continue to evaluate my commercial choice as I have the same believe in maximizing my equipment as you, thanks man.

Screwing on some eye glasses to counter the wider FOV for certain shots would most certainly be the cheapest option effective choice for us, brilliant, is this a thing though? I'm going to look into it.

Last edited:
I don't understand. Maybe mine has some curve but it's never been enough to bother me. I've never got the curve that has been posted here. I will also say that this bird is tuff. I hit a metal pole and it fell about 10 ft to concrete and kept running as it took me a bit to shut it down and all it did was scrape the props and just a speck of paint was knocked off. If it had been my P3P, it would have been destroyed. So even if it does have faults, I still think it's probably the best buy that is available. And I will add, it definately wasn't the birds fault but mine that I crashed.

Attachments

• MAX_0061.JPG
    MAX_0061.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
I don't understand. Maybe mine has some curve but it's never been enough to bother me. I've never got the curve that has been posted here. I will also say that this bird is tuff. I hit a metal pole and it fell about 10 ft to concrete and kept running as it took me a bit to shut it down and all it did was scrape the props and just a speck of paint was knocked off. If it had been my P3P, it would have been destroyed. So even if it does have faults, I still think it's probably the best buy that is available. And I will add, it definately wasn't the birds fault but mine that I crashed.

What is your camera angle in that shot, looks 0 degree,? When the camera angle surpasses a certain point (I'm not sure what that exact number is) the horizon becomes 'bowed'.

The shell thickness is what I first noticed about the X-Star when I got it in my hands. It's a HUGE improvement over my P3S, as is the transmission range. The XSP doesn't have many bugs that I've found (2 or 3 that I've notice), It does however suffer from refinement issues. I'm banking on the word from those whom have more experience with Autel firmware/software cycles that this aircraft/platform will only get better.

What is your camera angle in that shot, looks 0 degree,? When the camera angle surpasses a certain point (I'm not sure what that exact number is) the horizon becomes 'bowed'.

The shell thickness is what I first noticed about the X-Star when I got it in my hands. It's a HUGE improvement over my P3S, as is the transmission range. The XSP doesn't have many bugs that I've found (2 or 3 that I've notice), It does however suffer from refinement issues. I'm banking on the word from those whom have more experience with Autel firmware/software cycles that this aircraft/platform will only get better.
I'm not that familiar with this. How do you tell the camera angle? Most of the time if I am on landscape, the camera is all the way up. Only when I'm looking down do I move it around.

I'm not that familiar with this. How do you tell the camera angle? Most of the time if I am on landscape, the camera is all the way up. Only when I'm looking down do I move it around.

It's on the RC and App I believe.

One of my DJIs was real bad but I don't remember which but it was an older model. The only way I could get the horizon level was have an even amount of sky and land. I'm posting another of Xstar and one from the older drone.MAX_0060.JPG 088-DJI00047.JPG

That looks like a GoPo.?
I think it was a Phantom 200 or something like that. It might have been the little camera on the FC40. I just don't know but I'm thinking the PV2 Plus was similiar.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hippo35