Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

crystalsky

yep tried again and it's just not a good work around as you have to go in and force stop play services everytime you reboot. I will just do without maps or use my Mavics instead.

This has not been my experience. After turning my CrystalSky UB on and then turning on Location Services and linking to a working WiFi or hotspot, I typically must acknowledge the "Google Play services has stopped working" message on my CrystalSky UB one time. Then I'm good to go with working Google maps and a fully-functional Autel Explorer Android app version 1.1.6.6.

I understand and agree that there may be less-expensive, high-brightness monitor alternatives for pilots that only fly Autel Evo drones, but for pilots such as myself that own several DJI drones and already own a CrystalSky UB monitor, I am very pleased that I can now use this expensive hardware investment when flying ALL my drones, including my new Autel Evo II Pro. I can also still switch to an alternative iOS or Android tablet in seconds by using an accessory mobile device holder sold by DJI that mounts quickly to the same CrystalSky mount that I have installed on my Autel Evo Remote Controller.

I find my Apple iPhone 10Xs Max is nearly useless as a live view display device after only 3 minutes in Gulf Coast summer heat and sunlight, which rapidly heats the iPhone above its max operating temperatures. Then, thermal protection circuitry/firmware in the iPhone, which cannot be overridden, dims the screen to the point I can barely see anything. My iPhone was barely useable with a mostly washed out image in bright sunlight in cooler Spring weather when I first received my Autel Evo II, but it is useless in hot summer temperatures due to automatic screen dimming to reduce phone temperature.

Reactions: PingSpike
This has not been my experience. After turning my CrystalSky UB on and then turning on Location Services and linking to a working WiFi or hotspot, I typically must acknowledge the "Google Play services has stopped working" message on my CrystalSky UB one time. Then I'm good to go with working Google maps and a fully-functional Autel Explorer Android app version 1.1.6.6.

I understand and agree that there may be less-expensive, high-brightness monitor alternatives for pilots that only fly Autel Evo drones, but for pilots such as myself that own several DJI drones and already own a CrystalSky UB monitor, I am very pleased that I can now use this expensive hardware investment when flying ALL my drones, including my new Autel Evo II Pro. I can also still switch to an alternative iOS or Android tablet in seconds by using an accessory mobile device holder sold by DJI that mounts quickly to the same CrystalSky mount that I have installed on my Autel Evo Remote Controller.

I find my Apple iPhone 10Xs Max is nearly useless as a live view display device after only 3 minutes in Gulf Coast summer heat and sunlight, which rapidly heats the iPhone above its max operating temperatures. Then, thermal protection circuitry/firmware in the iPhone, which cannot be overridden, dims the screen to the point I can barely see anything. My iPhone was barely useable with a mostly washed out image in bright sunlight in cooler Spring weather when I first received my Autel Evo II, but it is useless in hot summer temperatures due to automatic screen dimming to reduce phone temperature.
I get where you're coming from, but you could utilize the Autel live deck system that's essentially for this exact reasoning behind using higher end / bugger screened devices to enhance the FPV experience etc... But like I said everyone has their preferences so there's nothing wrong with what you prefer lol

Ok, I'll take the bait :rolleyes:

How so?

Seen any other 7" devices that can run at 2000nits all day? No. Me neither.

Sorry you got burnt :/
Yea thats what happens when you're one of the very first people who review their newest equipment and have to deal with all the prerelease bugs and equipment failures lol but let's just say you would've **** bricks if you're looking at the screen, then look up for a moment to see the drone and then look back down to a glitches screen, smoke, and the entire back casting making itself into a nice fat fireball in the palm of your hands.. Albeit it was summer time in AZ when this popped into my hands but it still shouldn't matter considering it wasn't even 10 minutes into being used in the very first test flight ?

• Haha
I use a CS on all my DJI and Autel drones. You can sort of make the maps work by force loading google play services. This will make the maps work OK however the service will crash and display a "stopped working" error on screen during a flight which basically screws up the flight until you clear the message. I gave up and just don't have maps on the autel.
Same here, the errors messages were like 2 to 3 a minute...

I highly advise against you going out and wasting the amount of money on what you could collectively buy the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 which is superior in every way along with not being stuck on Android 5.1.1 not only that, the "ultra bright, 2000 Nit" display is a gimmick that was executed every so poorly. I had nothing but quality control issues and after the 3rd replacement due to the internals melting away or something else malfunctioning, you'd be just fine with the regular 1000 nit 7.85in Tab and thats if you still wanna blow 850$ on a very outdated piece of tech.. Hell I have a brand new one still in box that I had for review but didn't need it because they sent me so many replacements lmao So if ya still in the market for a niche tablet just Pm me and I'd be willing to let go out it for a steal ;)
Hello Jsizzle,

Can you please supply the exact Samsung TAB model of which you speak.

Does this "Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" you mention have 1000nit 7.85" screen ? :p

• Haha
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 and Galaxy Tab S7 + range ... a refresh rate of 120Hz and a brightness of 500 nits.
No tablet will go above 600 nits.
Only smartphones can do it.
Galaxy Note 10+, maximum brightness is 1 308 nits
Galaxy S9, maximum brightness is 1130 nits
Galaxy S10, maximum brightness is 1215 nits
Galaxy S20 Ultra, maximum brightness is 1342 nits.
Etc ...

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 and Galaxy Tab S7 + range ... a refresh rate of 120Hz and a brightness of 500 nits.
No tablet will go above 600 nits.
Only smartphones can do it.
Galaxy Note 10+, maximum brightness is 1 308 nits
Galaxy S9, maximum brightness is 1130 nits
Galaxy S10, maximum brightness is 1215 nits
Galaxy S20 Ultra, maximum brightness is 1342 nits.
Etc ...
yes I goofed I assumed the super amoleds were of the same quality in brightness as they were with their smartphones, I guess I've just been spoiled with all my galaxy lineup of devices. but then again now proves my point at the notion of the Crystal Sky being an over priced and outdated cash grab of the screen nit rating ? 1000 nits is more than plenty , 2000 is ridiculously obsurd and never going to be needed since you'd be able to see it while standing on top of the Sun itself ??

I must have a different remote than you. !
My EVO 2 remote does not have any connectors on either side.
The 2 USBs are on the base/bottom as in the picture above..
he is talking about the USB a port on the right side as in the right port connection, not the actual right side of the remote lmao and then saying connect the USB A from the Evo remote to the USB-C port of the Crystal Sky using a normal USB-C cable you get with flagship phones most of the time and some mid range as well but it can't be a cheapy cable as there not all created equal, usually the thicker the more quality and better communication between devices but usually USBC is treated fairly across the board and the micro USB cables are what are far ranging inbetween one another.

he is talking about the USB a port on the right side as in the right port connection, not the actual right side of the remote lmao and then saying connect the USB A from the Evo remote to the USB-C port of the Crystal Sky using a normal USB-C cable you get with flagship phones most of the time and some mid range as well but it can't be a cheapy cable as there not all created equal, usually the thicker the more quality and better communication between devices but usually USBC is treated fairly across the board and the micro USB cables are what are far ranging inbetween one another.
R OK - Got it

I must have a different remote than you. !
My EVO 2 remote does not have any connectors on either side.
The 2 USBs are on the base/bottom as in the picture above..
Thanks for your smart non answer this is exactly why alot of people do not ask for help or share more information. The answer from the first reply to my picture answered my question. And it is working correctly, as i needed to order a new cable.
Please think about your future replies before you send them.

• Wow
Thanks for your smart non answer this is exactly why alot of people do not ask for help or share more information. The answer from the first reply to my picture answered my question. And it is working correctly, as i needed to order a new cable.
Please think about your future replies before you send them.

I could have said WTF are you talking about but took the polite path.
Relax and go fly somewhere...

yes I goofed I assumed the super amoleds were of the same quality in brightness as they were with their smartphones, I guess I've just been spoiled with all my galaxy lineup of devices. but then again now proves my point at the notion of the Crystal Sky being an over priced and outdated cash grab of the screen nit rating ? 1000 nits is more than plenty , 2000 is ridiculously obsurd and never going to be needed since you'd be able to see it while standing on top of the Sun itself ??
the Galaxy S20+'s 1000 nits is not enough for the Caribbean sun. I haven't seen the CS Ultra's 2000 nits screen to talk about it, but I can tell you that my S20+ sometimes under direct sun isn't as bright as I would have liked it to be.

the Galaxy S20+'s 1000 nits is not enough for the Caribbean sun. I haven't seen the CS Ultra's 2000 nits screen to talk about it, but I can tell you that my S20+ sometimes under direct sun isn't as bright as I would have liked it to be.
I have the note 10+ and today put a new "neutral non reflective screen cover"
Will report back but with no screen protector it is no good in the sun.

Reactions: Ansia
The Brotect screen protector Matt finish is suppose to be one of the best for cutting Anti-Glare but I agree they can only do so much.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain