Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Getting Crystalsky maps working

hiken

Reaction score
Sorry for rehashing a worn subject but the posts are all over the place on this issue. (I did watch several available videos)

I purchased a Crystalsky Ultra Bright from a vendor that has an easy return policy. The monitor has a really beautiful display and I would love to get it working. I went through every available video and still cannot get it functioning.

The Autel Explorer app does function. It appears to work ok but I did not try a flight yet.

I cannot get the maps to work. Other posts suggest I am not alone on this. The problem I keep running into is with Google Play Services. It keeps stopping. I also could not get the play store app running.

I think the maps are a must for enjoying the drone. I also see that you cannot set RTH without map services. Without maps or RTH I fear the drone may get lost. So it is a must.

Has anyone gotten everything working? Do you need to Root the tablet? I fear I will brick the tablet if I do it wrong. Has anyone used one of the apps that make it easier to root?

I am looking for a last-minute reprieve before I decide to return it. I really like it and would hate to return it.

I f you watch the video and got the google maps operating then good for you. I got the maps to operate but receive an annoying message that google services have stopped working and without clearing, froze the CS.
I simply removed the play services and just use the autel map to let me know where I am going and use it for critical return.

not sure what you mean when you say it is "not working." does that mean google maps don't show or it shows but is not functional or you get a black box instead?

also post a link to a couple of the videos you relied on please.

qualcuno ha bisogno di condividere i file corretti per l'installazione perché esce anche il messaggio di google....

Not working means the map does not display at all. Google Play Services keeps crashing. And the warning message from play services keeps popping up, causing Explorer to freeze.

Here are the videos I followed for instructions:

Reactions: Third Eye View
le mappe offline non funzionano, è sempre necessaria la connessione, il messaggio appare sempre.

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: Third Eye View
Sometimes when you try something 50 times it pays off! The app and maps are working. This monitor is amazing! It does get hot. It was a bit tricky figuring out a few other details but it is ready to test. I have the Lifthor mount and it works really well. With the larger Crystalsky and the Alientech mounted, the remote will definitely not blow away by accident. I can see the Crystalsky clearly in the sun (this is the Ultra Bright). If I do not end up hating it two weeks from now I will purchase a long-term warranty for the Crystalsky because of all the horror stories I am hearing.

David, Thanks for a well written article on teaming up the Crystal to the EVO App. It worked perfect the first time!

It makes the big investment of the Super Bright just that much more worthwhile. Regretfully the biggest downfall to the CS is the massive size and weight when used on these tiny transmitters (I'm from old school with big Futuba and JR radios). For this reason I use a tri-pod to hold the monitor with a long cable for freedom and allow the best non-obstructed radiation from the transmitter aantenas.

Best Regards - Mike www.rotory.com

Last edited:
David, Thanks for a well written article on teaming up the Crystal to the EVO App. It worked perfect the first time!

It makes the big investment of the Super Bright just that much more worthwhile. Regretfully the biggest downfall to the CS is the massive size and weight when used on these tiny transmitters (I'm from old school with big Futuba and JR radios). For this reason I use a tri-pod to hold the monitor with a long cable for freedom and allow the best non-obstructed radiation from the transmitter aantenas.

Best Regards - Mike www.rotory.com
Glad you found my YouTube video on getting the CS and Google Maps working with the Autel Explorer app and the Autel Evo II useful. I use the small custom-machined metal RC mount described in my video with the RC antenna pointed down towards the ground and I am able to fly out 5+ miles with only one bar loss in RC signal strength so long as there are no obstructions between RC and aircraft.

Best Regards,

Dave Mann

Sometimes when you try something 50 times it pays off! The app and maps are working. This monitor is amazing! It does get hot. It was a bit tricky figuring out a few other details but it is ready to test. I have the Lifthor mount and it works really well. With the larger Crystalsky and the Alientech mounted, the remote will definitely not blow away by accident. I can see the Crystalsky clearly in the sun (this is the Ultra Bright). If I do not end up hating it two weeks from now I will purchase a long-term warranty for the Crystalsky because of all the horror stories I am hearing.
Hiken,

Glad you finally got the CS, Google Maps and the Autel Explorer app all working together. I have found that if I immediately turn on Location Services on the CS and link it to a WiFi hotspot before starting Autel Explorer app, I only get the “Google Play Services stopped working” message once or twice and then it stops popping up.

Regards,

Dave Mann

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg