Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

crystalsky

hiken

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I realize this has been beaten into the ground but every post suggests there may be unresolved issues.

Does anyone have the Crystalsky UltraBright, properly running, with google maps, etc, etc? I assume you are using a hotspot for the Crystalsky to get map data (?)

Does anyone have the above setup working with an Alientech booster?

How do you like the combo of everything above?

I just wanted to make sure it will work ok before I plunk down the money.

It appears most people have trouble with google maps.

Many report the Ultra Brightness model of the Crystalsky is not reliable.

Just looking for a bit more confidence before I buy it. I would hate to not have maps. And it would be nice if it did not burn out immediately.

I have the alientech...working fantastic. I highly recommend the alientech. I have a titan drones boosted setup, but that is much bigger and heavier...so went with the alientech instead for the Evo II. I also have a 5.5 CS working with Google maps, no problems. I did have to root the CS to get everything working.
I have barely used the CS, so if you are in the US and interested, PM me and I can sell it for a good deal.

Thank you for the comment. I believe I will end up getting the larger CS, ultra bright model.

Reactions: PingSpike
I use a CS on all my DJI and Autel drones. You can sort of make the maps work by force loading google play services. This will make the maps work OK however the service will crash and display a "stopped working" error on screen during a flight which basically screws up the flight until you clear the message. I gave up and just don't have maps on the autel.

Good afternoon. I realize this has been beaten into the ground but every post suggests there may be unresolved issues.

Does anyone have the Crystalsky UltraBright, properly running, with google maps, etc, etc? I assume you are using a hotspot for the Crystalsky to get map data (?)

Does anyone have the above setup working with an Alientech booster?

How do you like the combo of everything above?
Hi! I have the CS Ultra Bright working perfectly with google maps now and the (way-too-large?) 4-Hawks XR & Lifthor tablet mount. I tried initially getting the Google maps to load based on the Autel-Forum member's instructions and links to the google APK files. I could not get the maps to work with these APK files and set up instructions. I then followed the instructions from the YouTube channel:
Following David Mann's links to the APK files and his instructions in this video finally worked! I do get an occasional pop-up message that "google play services" is not working. That is just a quirk and I've gotten used to just tapping the message closed when it pops up. The range with this setup is fantastic as I have also heard with the Alientech antenna system. I have put this antenna through some deep woods torture tests and just started testing around and behind the the steel-jungle of downtown Chicago and it is giving me a lot more confidence about not losing connection with the drone in these circumstances. Because this set-up is HUGE and not easy to constantly break down for transport, I bought a 2nd EVO II controller to permanently connect to this setup. When not in use I hang it on the wall with a standard wall-mounted guitar hook. Keeps it out of the way when not in use. On the quick close in jobs I take the other Autel soft-case setup, and when I'll be pretty far away or flying around huge obstacles, I grab the CS-4-Hawks setup! Good luck!

Hi! I have the CS Ultra Bright working perfectly with google maps now and the (way-too-large?) 4-Hawks XR & Lifthor tablet mount. I tried initially getting the Google maps to load based on the Autel-Forum member's instructions and links to the google APK files. I could not get the maps to work with these APK files and set up instructions. I then followed the instructions from the YouTube channel:
Following David Mann's links to the APK files and his instructions in this video finally worked! I do get an occasional pop-up message that "google play services" is not working. That is just a quirk and I've gotten used to just tapping the message closed when it pops up. The range with this setup is fantastic as I have also heard with the Alientech antenna system. I have put this antenna through some deep woods torture tests and just started testing around and behind the the steel-jungle of downtown Chicago and it is giving me a lot more confidence about not losing connection with the drone in these circumstances. Because this set-up is HUGE and not easy to constantly break down for transport, I bought a 2nd EVO II controller to permanently connect to this setup. When not in use I hang it on the wall with a standard wall-mounted guitar hook. Keeps it out of the way when not in use. On the quick close in jobs I take the other Autel soft-case setup, and when I'll be pretty far away or flying around huge obstacles, I grab the CS-4-Hawks setup! Good luck!
Can you post the Youtube URL? I may give it one more try

Hiken -

Here is the link to my YouTube video spelling out in detail the procedure to get Autel Explorer app including Google maps feature working reliably on a CrystalSky Ultra Bright 7.85" monitor.

Notes: Every time you start Autel Explorer on your CrystalSky, you should make sure that WiFi and "Location Services" are turned on under settings on your CrystalSky and your CrystalSky must be linked to a nearby WiFi service or hotspot (e.g., your cell phone) with access to the internet in order to get live map updates of your current flying area. I have updated both the Autel Explorer app on the CrystalSky and the firmware on my Autel Evo II Pro (currently running 2.5.0) several times since first installing on my CrystalSky UB monitor and everything continues to work well together. I am currently on version 3.0 firmware on my CrystalSky. I find the CrystalSky UB is infinitely more useable than the screen of my Apple iPhone 10 XS Max, which is barely visible in bright sun, especially after automatic screen dimming activates after 5 minutes as phone heats up in current 95F Houston summer temperatures and sunlight hitting screen. Good luck and let me know how your installation goes.

I'm surprised for the price they never updated the OS any further than that. Guess it didn't need it to run the app.

yep tried again and it's just not a good work around as you have to go in and force stop play services everytime you reboot. I will just do without maps or use my Mavics instead.

Thank you for the comment. I believe I will end up getting the larger CS, ultra bright model.
I highly advise against you going out and wasting the amount of money on what you could collectively buy the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 which is superior in every way along with not being stuck on Android 5.1.1 not only that, the "ultra bright, 2000 Nit" display is a gimmick that was executed every so poorly. I had nothing but quality control issues and after the 3rd replacement due to the internals melting away or something else malfunctioning, you'd be just fine with the regular 1000 nit 7.85in Tab and thats if you still wanna blow 850$ on a very outdated piece of tech.. Hell I have a brand new one still in box that I had for review but didn't need it because they sent me so many replacements lmao So if ya still in the market for a niche tablet just Pm me and I'd be willing to let go out it for a steal ;)

• Haha
Reactions: aebiv and PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller