Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Cool Down Period Between Flights

Autelguy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have 3 batteries. How long should you wait before taking off again with a new battery? Is there a recommend cool down period for the Evo? I know I need to let the batteries cool down before re-charging but what about the Evo / motors itself?

I couldn't find an official answer to this question in the manual.

Thanks

If the weather is very cold, you don't need to wait. I usually don't when the weather is really cold. Now if it's very warm outside. You should wait at least 10 minutes or so to cold down the motors.

Hi Guys,

I have 3 batteries. How long should you wait before taking off again with a new battery? Is there a recommend cool down period for the Evo? I know I need to let the batteries cool down before re-charging but what about the Evo / motors itself?

I couldn't find an official answer to this question in the manual.

Thanks
You have brushless motors. They can fly all 3 batteries without waiting for cooldown. Unless you are flying in an extreme heat. When the drone is flying, it uses the wind from the prop wash and the wind from movement to cool itself.

I have a brushed motor drone and I go through 4 consecutive batteries of 12 minutes flight time, and fly it in 14mph winds (which it wasn't really designed to do). In the 6 months I've had it, hasn't failed me. I expect the Evo to withstand a harsher beating.

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
You have brushless motors. They can fly all 3 batteries without waiting for cooldown. Unless you are flying in an extreme heat. .

I carried my laser thermometer with me one day to measure the battery temp as soon as it landed. It was a 10F day and after a 18 minute flight I landed and checked the battery temp which was 78.3F. I couldn't help but thinking how much hotter batteries must get down by you after a flight.

Reactions: Ansia
I carried my laser thermometer with me one day to measure the battery temp as soon as it landed. It was a 10F day and after a 18 minute flight I landed and checked the battery temp which was 78.3F. I couldn't help but thinking how much hotter batteries must get down by you after a flight.
I haven't measured the temp on my Evo, but on my phantom it usually ends around 132F after a full battery. After 2 batteries it stays the same. I have flown 4 batteries, but at the time I did that, I did not measure temperature. Phantom is still flying strong. I contacted DJI about temperatures and they said that 132F is a perfectly normal and aceptable temperature for 90 degree weathers. I assume that the Evo can't be that far behind.

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
I haven't measured the temp on my Evo, but on my phantom it usually ends around 132F after a full battery. After 2 batteries it stays the same. I have flown 4 batteries, but at the time I did that, I did not measure temperature. Phantom is still flying strong. I contacted DJI about temperatures and they said that 132F is a perfectly normal and aceptable temperature for 90 degree weathers. I assume that the Evo can't be that far behind.
I personally will never fly a drone with a weather of 90 degrees Fahrenheit. That is too warm for me plus the direct sun light make it even hotter.

I personally will never fly a drone with a weather of 90 degrees Fahrenheit. That is too warm for me plus the direct sun light make it even hotter.
I don't have that option. I live in the tropics, so that's the temperature almost all year round. If I want to fly, that's the temperature I have to fly at. As for the sun, there are shades from objects higher than me that protects me. I also always fly with my hat on.

I don't have that option. I live in the tropics, so that's the temperature almost all year round. If I want to fly, that's the temperature I have to fly at. As for the sun, there are shades from objects higher than me that protects me. I also always fly with my hat on.
Oh wow, that makes sense now :)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d